Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
182 views
Hi

I am using Visual Studio 2008, .NET 3.5 and C#.

I hope this isn't a dumb question as I don't know enough about culture.

I have sent my RadCalendar to - CultureInfo="English (Australia)"

When building my project this shows the correct date format for Australia: dd/mm/yy.

However when we host our site on an American server, my browser shows that format: mm/dd/yy.

I thought that as the browser is a client it would convert it to the local culture, but it is almost as if it is going by the server's culture.

I hope this makes sense.


Kind regards

Mark Eaton
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Feb 2008
4 answers
310 views
Hi,

I just downloaded the beta 3 of Prometheus and I am trying to compile my code.  After adding a reference to my project for Telerik.Web.UI.dll I then added this code:

private

RadEditor rad;


Very simple declaration.  I then compiled and I get this error:

Error 102 The type 'System.Web.UI.IScriptControl' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'. d:\p4\dev_scottle_SCOTTLEWIS2008\system\dev\dotnextmaint\TS\Course\Src\Course\Web\UI\WebControls\Editors\VizEditor.cs 37 27 Course.Web.UI.WebControls_Library

I cannot find this version of this dll on my machine.  I am using VS 2008 compiling against .net 2.0.  I was surprised I required other references for this dll.

Thanks, Scott
donoho
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Feb 2008
1 answer
165 views
Hello,

I have a user control for my grid's edit form with an Rad Upload control on it. I can't get it to do a real postback. So, my files are not uploaded. I've tried realPostBack function on the user control (from the help file) but still unsuccessful getting it to work.

Thanks
Goksun
Goksun
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Feb 2008
1 answer
211 views
Under the help topic "Controls > RadScheduler > Important note about date-time information", in regards to the benefits of using UTC it says:

It is very important to know that RadScheduler processes, stores and returns all date-times in UTC.

This places some additional overhead, but is essential for solving the following problems:

1.       Displaying correct times for the appointments when the clients and/or the server are in different time zones.

2.       Correctly evaluating recurrence rules with respect to Daylight Saving Time.


I understand the first point, but can you explain the second point about daylight savings a little more?  I would think recurrence should work on local times to maintain the same time of day across daylight savings.  Can you give a concrete example of how the recurrence engine works with daylight savings time?

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
-Paul

T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2008
3 answers
133 views
If I set a global theme (ASP.NET 2.0), I was under the impression the Prometheus controls would pick up on that theme name and apply it without being registered directly to the control.

This doesn't appear to be true in my application.

However, if I set the control.skin property equal to same name as the ASP.NET 2.0 Theme, it works as expected.

What am I missing?
James
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 Feb 2008
3 answers
232 views
Hi All,
I'm having a bit of trouble coming to terms with the Scheduler control, in particular performing database queries.

I currently have a stored procedure in which I'm attempting to find the next available time slot (of 30 minutes) which I've managed to do quite simply. However by doing this outside of the scheduler and any application code, I can't (easily) take into account recurrence.

A very simple example of this is:
SELECT *
FROM Appointments
WHERE Start >= @Start
AND End <= @End

***This will give all appointments within the specified range, however it will not return any appointments that occur because of recurrence.

Is there an easy way to query the table I'm storing all appointments only using standard MSSQL functionality?

Any help would be appreciated.

Aidan
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2008
1 answer
195 views
We need the same behavior on clicking the plus/minus icon as on clicking the node.

As an example:
on clicking the plus/minus icon we'd like to load the subnodes of the node on demand (this is working) and in the same step we have to open a list with products in another update panel (this is not working because no event is fired).

How can we do this?

Thanks
Tom
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2008
1 answer
63 views
Hi

We are testing out the scheduler control, great control, and we are sure we are going to buy it, but we have a question concerning the layout.

When there are appointments on a certain time, 1, 2, 3 or even 4, there always is a margin on the right of the appointments. 

Can't we change this that the appointments have the same width as the day column? So that the margin is gone?

We tried it with css already, but without any success.

Thanks in advance

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2008
5 answers
230 views
Hello, the server-side OnNodeCollapse does not work (ie, doesn't fire) in Prometheus treeview control. The OnNodeExpand works fine.

Please advise of a fix ASAP
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2008
1 answer
116 views
Hello,

Could you provide skins from 'RadControls for ASP.NET' for Prometheus ?

Some are missing and I need WindowsXP skin from RadCombobox, i tried to do it by hand without success.

Thanks
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?