Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
165 views
How do I prevent appts from being able to be resized?  I also want to prevent double-click from opening the advanced form.

Thanks
Mark
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Feb 2008
2 answers
139 views
When an appt is updated from the Advanced Edit form, I want to access the modified resource values to see if any have changed, then do some work.  How can I do this?

I thought about getting the date out of the sqldatasource_updated handler, or perhaps the appointment_updated handler, but I'm not sure how to access the resources.

Thanks
Mark
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Feb 2008
0 answers
161 views
I am new to web programming and new to Telerik.  I am trying to follow the Telerik Rad Controls tutorial, and was having great success until I tried to add a second level of detail in Section 2.1.3.  I get the following error.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE> "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\vbc.exe" /t:library /utf8output /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll" /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll" /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Services\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Web.Services.dll" /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\System.EnterpriseServices\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.EnterpriseServices.dll" /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.ServiceModel\3.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.ServiceModel.dll" /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Runtime.Serialization\3.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Runtime.Serialization.dll" /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Mobile\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Web.Mobile.dll" /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll" /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Telerik.Charting\1.7.0.0__d14f3dcc8e3e8763\Telerik.Charting.dll" /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\System.Data\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Data.dll" /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Telerik.Web.UI\2007.3.1218.35__121fae78165ba3d4\Telerik.Web.UI.dll" /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll" /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.ServiceModel.Web\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.ServiceModel.Web.dll" /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml.Linq\3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.Linq.dll" /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\System.Web\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Web.dll" /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll" /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Data.DataSetExtensions\3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll" /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.WorkflowServices\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.WorkflowServices.dll" /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll" /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.IdentityModel\3.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.IdentityModel.dll" /out:"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\northwinddemo\1ea7a14e\8d58dc13\App_Web__5ndxywi.dll" /D:DEBUG=1 /debug+ /define:_MYTYPE=\"Web\" /imports:Microsoft.VisualBasic,System,System.Collections,System.Collections.Generic,System.Collections.Specialized,System.Configuration,System.Text,System.Text.RegularExpressions,System.Linq,System.Xml.Linq,System.Web,System.Web.Caching,System.Web.SessionState,System.Web.Security,System.Web.Profile,System.Web.UI,System.Web.UI.WebControls,System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts,System.Web.UI.HtmlControls /warnaserror- /optionInfer+  "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\northwinddemo\1ea7a14e\8d58dc13\App_Web__5ndxywi.0.vb" "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\northwinddemo\1ea7a14e\8d58dc13\App_Web__5ndxywi.1.vb" "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\northwinddemo\1ea7a14e\8d58dc13\App_Web__5ndxywi.2.vb"


Microsoft (R) Visual Basic Compiler version 9.0.21022.8
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

h:\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\NorthwindDemo\Default2.aspx(37) : error BC30451: Name 'GridTableView1' is not declared.

            dataBindingExpressionBuilderTarget.DataSource = CType( GridTableView1 ,Object)
Any ideas what I did wrong?

Murray
Murray
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 08 Feb 2008
2 answers
186 views
I keep getting this error for the Radscheduler control.  Everything works fine until I check the "All Day Event" checkbox While filling out an event for the scheduler.  Once I check that box I get an error in this code

RadScheduler Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: id

function Sys$_Application$findComponent(id, parent) {

/// <param name="id" type="String"></param>

/// <param name="parent" optional="true" mayBeNull="true"></param>

/// <returns type="Sys.Component" mayBeNull="true"></returns>

var e = Function._validateParams(arguments, [

{name: "id", type: String},

{name: "parent", mayBeNull: true, optional: true}

]);

if (e) throw e;

Why is this error occuring?  Any help would be appreciated.  Please let me know if you need more info.
David
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 08 Feb 2008
0 answers
72 views
The child for the menu I am trying to implement keeps expanding doward, in spite of my having changed the properties of the ExpandDirection to 'Right' and the menu type as 'vertical'.

TSCGlobal
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 08 Feb 2008
0 answers
98 views
I have two buttons, dynamically added to the page with OnClick event handler assigned to them. I want to place on page one of two different user controls at runtime when a corresponding button click occures. But here I meet the vicious circle: I can't add user control in OnLoad event handler of page, because I don't know which button have been pressed (event handling takes place after OnLoad). Also I can't add the user control after event handling (i.e. in OnPreRender), because in such case none of user control children event handlers  would be fired (there would be no such child controls in moment where event handling occures - between OnLoad and OnPreRender). I've found 2 workarounds to this problem:

  1. I can parse Request.Form collection in OnLoad to determine event sender and command argument and create corresponding user control.
  2. I can add controls guided by previous page state in OnLoad, then if a button click have occured, remove inproper and add proper controls to the page in click handler.
Both of them are inappropriate for me. Could you give me your advice, please?
Aleksei Rodionov
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 08 Feb 2008
2 answers
226 views
Just a quick question - how do you change the mouse cursor in a code behind file (vb.net) when you hover your mouse pointer over an appointment? I want to give the user some visual clue that the appointment should be clicked to see more detail. Currently, the mouse curser implies that the appointment is editable, which it is not.
TSCGlobal
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Feb 2008
8 answers
247 views
Hi..

I want to extend scheduler template but keep the orginal one. Is it possible to only add a few fields to template and have on edit page orginal edit form + my controls?

If this is not possible/implemented yet, can you send me currently used templates?

Regards
Josh Winkler
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Feb 2008
1 answer
224 views
Hello,

Currently we are using the Scheduler in a Compostie Control. The scheduler is being built dynamically in the CreateChildControls method as such:

        Controls.Clear();  
 
            Panel pnl = new Panel();              
 
            _scheduler = new Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler();  
            _scheduler.ID = "scheduler1";  
 
            //add server events  
            _scheduler.NavigationCommand += new SchedulerNavigationCommandEventHandler(Scheduler_NavigationCommand);  
            _scheduler.AppointmentDataBound += new AppointmentDataBoundEventHandler(Scheduler_AppointmentDataBound);  
            _scheduler.AppointmentCommand += new AppointmentCommandEventHandler(Scheduler_AppointmentCommand);  
            _scheduler.NavigationComplete += new SchedulerNavigationCompleteEventHandler(Scheduler_NavigationComplete);  
            _scheduler.AppointmentUpdate += new AppointmentUpdateEventHandler(Scheduler_AppointmentUpdate);  
            _scheduler.AppointmentCreated += new AppointmentCreatedEventHandler(Scheduler_AppointmentCreated);  
 
            //add client events  
            _scheduler.OnClientAppointmentClick = "AppointmentEditing";  
            _scheduler.OnClientRecurrenceActionDialogShowing = "RecurrenceActionDialogShowingHandler";  
            _scheduler.OnClientTimeSlotClick = "AppoinmentAdding";  
            _scheduler.MonthVisibleAppointmentsPerDay = 5;  
              
            //SetViewType(_scheduler);  
              
            SetSkin(_scheduler, CalendarSkin);            
            _scheduler.ShowFullTime = true;  
            _scheduler.StartEditingInAdvancedForm = false;  
            _scheduler.StartInsertingInAdvancedForm = false;      
            //_scheduler.WeekHeaderDateFormat = WeekHeaderFormat;  
            //_scheduler.MonthHeaderDateFormat = MonthHeaderFormat;  
            _scheduler.OverflowBehavior = OverflowBehavior.Expand;  
            _scheduler.DataSource = this.EventData;  
            _scheduler.DataKeyField = EventCalendar.ID;  
            _scheduler.DataSubjectField = EventCalendar.Title;  
            _scheduler.DataStartField = EventCalendar.StartDTm;  
            _scheduler.DataEndField = EventCalendar.EndDTm;  
            _scheduler.DataRecurrenceField = EventCalendar.RecurrencePattern;  
            _scheduler.DataRecurrenceParentKeyField = EventCalendar.RecurringParentID;  
 
            _scheduler.DataBind();  
 
            pnl.Controls.Add(_scheduler);  
            Controls.Add(pnl); 

This routine gets called everytime (initial load and postbacks).

This works prefectly fine, data loads properly, so far so good. The problem occurs when we try to navigate to a different SchedulerViewType

In the NavigationComplete method we have the following code:
        protected void Scheduler_NavigationComplete(object sender, SchedulerNavigationCompleteEventArgs e)  
        {  
            _scheduler.Rebind();  
        } 


When the NavigationComplete method is hit, the following error occurs:
Unable to cast object of type 'Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduler.Rendering.DayView' to type 'Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduler.Rendering.MonthView'.

What I am looking for is a best practices for using Scheduler.Rebind(), specifically where and when it should be used in this instance.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Feb 2008
2 answers
188 views
Can someone tell me the correct way to make the grid fill the entire browser page?  I would like it to work as the width does by default.
adam.hodge
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?