Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
119 views
Hi guys,
I need to do some things in my radgrid cntrol and I don't know whether is it possible or not.
I have a radgrid with three columns, ColumnA, ColumnB, ColumnC (in this order) and once I group by ColumnB for instance, I would like to dinamically move that column to the first place. In this example, after grouped, the next arrange will be ColumnB, ColumnA, ColumnC.

Is there any way to do that in a simple way?

Thanks,

François.
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Feb 2008
3 answers
215 views
Hi,

I have done some searching, but can't find any help on this Property in the forum, Examples or online Help. How do I use this?

I am aware that autocomplete was better in the RadCombo, but how does this actually work in the RadInput?

There is no dataSource property.

Thanks,
Mark Thomas.
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Feb 2008
22 answers
1.0K+ views
Hi All,

As I'm used to setting up my ajaxification (this should be a new dictionary word :) ) in code-behind due to complex (nested)master pages I am not yet convinced the new AjaxManagerProxy saves me much development time.

One feature that is lacking in my opinion is the ClientEvents property of the AjaxManager control.

I need to call client events onresponseend and now I need to set this in code behind on a reference of my ajaxmanager which is located in my master page.

Any way to do this declarative?

Cheers,
Olav
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Feb 2008
2 answers
145 views
I have checked the documentation but did not find anything.

I need to execute some client action if I double click on a grid row. Is this possible and if so how?
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Feb 2008
2 answers
102 views
<telerik:RadGrid ID="radGrid" runat="server" AllowSorting="True"   
                      DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" 
                      AllowMultiRowSelection="True"   
                      AllowPaging="True" PageSize="5" 
                      OnSortCommand="radLeadGrid_OnSortCommand" Skin="Default2006"   
        AllowFilteringByColumn="False">  
                        
                <ExportSettings> 
                    <Pdf PaperSize="A4"  FontType="Subset" PageHeight="210mm" PageWidth="297mm"></Pdf> 
                    <Excel Format="Html"></Excel> 
                </ExportSettings> 
                  
                <PagerStyle  
                    Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" 
                    PagerTextFormat="  Page {0} of {1} | {4}| Items {2} to {3} of {5}" 
                    Position="Bottom" /> 
 
                <MasterTableView   
                    CurrentResetPageIndexAction="SetPageIndexToFirst"   
                    Dir="LTR"   
                    Frame="Border" 
                    CommandItemDisplay="None"   
                    TableLayout="Auto" 
                    HeaderStyle-Wrap="false" ItemStyle-Wrap="false" CellPadding="2" 
                    NoMasterRecordsText="There are currently no data available for the criteria specified." 
                      
                    > 
                      
                    <Columns> 
                        <telerik:GridClientSelectColumn UniqueName="rowSelect"></telerik:GridClientSelectColumn>                                                   
                    </Columns> 
                  
                      
                    <RowIndicatorColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter"   
                        FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" Visible="False">  
                        <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                    </RowIndicatorColumn> 
                      
                    <ExpandCollapseColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter"   
                        FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" Resizable="False" Visible="False">  
                        <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                    </ExpandCollapseColumn> 
                      
                    <EditFormSettings> 
                        <EditColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType">  
                        </EditColumn> 
                    </EditFormSettings> 
 
<ItemStyle Wrap="False"></ItemStyle> 
 
<HeaderStyle Wrap="False"></HeaderStyle> 
                </MasterTableView> 
                  
                <ClientSettings> 
                    <Scrolling   
                        UseStaticHeaders="True"   
                        SaveScrollPosition="true" 
                        AllowScroll="true" />                          
                    <Selecting   
                        AllowRowSelect="True" /> 
                    <Resizing   
                        AllowColumnResize="True" />            
                     <ClientEvents OnRowDblClick="radLeadGrid_RowDblClick" />                 
                </ClientSettings>                  
    </telerik:RadGrid>  

Hi!
I found that once number of records is small in resultset (I put 5 item for page), IE6 behaves very strange - RadGrid flickers and CPU usage goes to 100%. Sometime browser crashes.

But once I change UseStaticHeaders="True" to "False" - it dowesn't crash, but "Pager" part just appends to the last record and I need to scroll to find page selector.

I don't know if it's important - number and width of columns are creating horizontal scrollbar as well.

Please fix this issue!
Thanks, Ilshat
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Feb 2008
3 answers
162 views
We have a RadGrid with custom paging/sorting enabled. When exporting to Excel, only those rows currently visible in the grid are exported. We'd like to be able to export all of the rows in our data source without modifying the state of the grid (meaning the current page, page size, sort order, etc). I haven't been able to figure out a way to do this. Is this possible? If so, how?
csano
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Feb 2008
1 answer
160 views
I hate to be picky, but this behavior really bothers me and I'd like to correct it.

I have my grid columns setup with fixed widths using
<ItemStyle Width="##" /> 

I'm using GridTemplateColumns and I'm defining the width of the labels, textboxes, and comboboxes so that they fit within my itemstyle width. The edit command column does not have a width specified so that it fills the rest of the grid.

However, when I click on edit (inline), the columns resize a little bit and the text shifts a bit. Not a huge deal, but I'd really like it if the columns wouldn't resize on edit. Can this be done? Thanks.
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Feb 2008
1 answer
113 views

Hi,

I'm using prometheus menu in my project.

I couldn't find any document that explain localization of radMenu clearly.

In my project,i am using xml content file to fill radMenu.

I'm using resourse file for localization in my project.

i declare link name in resourse file & try to use in xml file but its not working.

Like that i'm declaring in xml file.

<Item Text="&lt;%$ Resources:Multilingual,CompanyPortal%&gt;" Href=""/> 

can any one help me out to solve multilingual problem.

 please give me a link or links.

Thanks & regards.
Shaik Mujeebuddin
Analyst I

Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Feb 2008
1 answer
244 views
I like the GridClientSElectColumn for the fact that it changes the row-color and selects only one check box if needed.

But what I want is to send a PostBack even on server at the same time so that I can check the selection and take some action on other part of the screen (using Ajax). I don't want to refresh the data that's why I am not using serverside checkbox selection.

Is it possible?

-Piyush
Leon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Feb 2008
2 answers
165 views
How do I prevent appts from being able to be resized?  I also want to prevent double-click from opening the advanced form.

Thanks
Mark
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?