Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
183 views
Hi,
I had a rad grid which gets bound a totally different datasource based on certain events. I have enabled autogenerated columns and this works all fine. I have some logic on the ColumnCreated event to set the visible flag on the column based on some criteria. This is all working fine.

However, i have noticed that if there are columns with the same names, in two different datasources, the autogenerated column property gets cached!

E.g I have DataSource1 and DataSource2. Both contain a column called UserId. When displaying DataSource1 i want to hide that column. I do that by setting the visible property to false. When I switch to datasource2, i do not want to hide this column, but it still hides it (even though the visible property is set to true)! If i switch to a different datasource (i.e datasource3) which does not contain a column of the same name, and then switch back to datasource2, it will display that column....
What I need is some way of letting the RadGrid know that it needs to regenerated all the autogenerated columns, even though they may have the same name.
Or if possible, a way to add a custom prefix to the UniqueName of the autogenerated columns

Below is the code I use to set the visible property:
 void RadGrid1_ColumnCreated(object sender, GridColumnCreatedEventArgs e) 
    { 
        if (myAdminTree != null && myAdminTree.SelectedNode != null) 
        { 
            string uniqName = e.Column.UniqueName; 
            
            if (myAdminTree.CurrentDataKeyNames.Contains(uniqName)) 
            { 
                e.Column.Visible = false; 
            } 
        } 
    } 


Thanks,
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
5 answers
267 views
Hi,

I have downloaded RadControls "Promethues" today and used automatic installation on my machine. The examples that comes with installation works fine which is in VS 2005. I am using VS 2008. I am already using RadControls for ASP.NET. But When I used RadChart  I was not able to the properties window for the RadChart control after I drag and droped the RadChart control from toolbox. Also I see the below error in the desiner view:

 Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2007.3.1314.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I searched this forum and ran the below command in VS 2008 command prompt. Then the above issues were gone. But I am not sure what caused the error again. It would be because I tried to refer the example by opening the Telerik sample in VS 2005. Then I am not able to fix this issue. Please help me to fix this.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC>gacutil /i "C:\Program Files\Tel
erik\RadControls 'Prometheus' for ASPNET Q3 2007\Bin35\Telerik.Web.UI.dll"
Microsoft (R) .NET Global Assembly Cache Utility.  Version 3.5.21022.8
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
1 answer
94 views
I am using RadTreeView control to render a tree as a row in a table. For some reason I can only see the root node (topmost) and not the children nodes. A view source on the page does show me that the full tree structure exsists, just that its not visible on the page.
 
Is there a known issue in using RadTreeView control in a table? Are there any workaround this issue? Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
A
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
1 answer
167 views
Prior to Prometheus I would use the loading panel and on the request it would cover the entire area until it returned.  For some reason now with Prometheus, I use it to Ajaxify a RadGrid and sometimes (most actually) the grid will return and the loading gif sits there for a little longer.  The desired effect would be to have the gif conceal the entire grid until it returns.

Any ideas?
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
1 answer
277 views
I'm not sure if this post should be under here or under the Prometheus RAD Ajax. We have a Prometheus TreeView with and Prometheus Ajax Manager that is handling all of its postbacks. In the TreeView, there are a considerable number of nodes. Only the first two levels are "visible" and the rest are hidden until the node expanded. At that point, the control postbacks through the ajax manager and the nodes under the node that was expanded are set to visible and then the expand and collapsing is set to be client side so it doesn't need to go to the server anymore.

A user is able to right click on a node and then add a level through the context menu. The user can then right click the new node and choose to edit the text of the node that was added. The issue we are having as that during this process, there are postbacks through the ajax manager. They are able to edit the node, but it appears that after the selection changes and it is posting back the name change, we sometimes get an "Invalid JSON Primitive" popup box. It doesn't always happen, and happens during different postbacks as well, but this is a common set of steps that people take. As soon as a person performs an action that does a true postback that doesn't go through the Ajax manager, the "Invalid JSON Primitive" shows up in the browser window.

So, I'm guessing this problem is related to the Ajax manager. Is there something that I can do to make it not do this anymore. I have been unable to duplicate it on my computer, but have seen it done on the production server.
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
1 answer
148 views
Problem: When a RadWindow is added to the document/form using the "open" method it is added as the last element. If any element above is floating relative the dragging and placement is obscure.

Solution: Add the element as the first child (or maybe provide an option to do so?).

Fix: I have fixed this by now doing this:
// Override  
Telerik.Web.UI.RadWindow.prototype._addWindowToDocument = function() {  
    var theForm = document.getElementById(this._formID);  
    if (!theForm)  
        theForm = document.forms[0];  
    theForm.insertBefore(this._popupElement, theForm.firstChild);  
}; 
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
5 answers
744 views
I remember this being an issue with the classic radEditor, but cannot seem to sort out the fix for Prometheus.

Our stylesheet defines the text size as 11px, which shows up great in the editor... until you add a table.  When you are editing the table itself, the text inside any of the cells is always displayed at 16px.

In the old editor, you could put in a small chunk of CSS to reset the font-size value for the table.  I cannot figure out which classes need to be targeted to do this in the new version, though.  Any guidance?

Preferrably, this would be fixed in some newer version...
Joel
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
1 answer
135 views
I tried the code:
function pasteTextInEditor(text)
{
    var editor = $find("<%=RadEditor1.ClientID%>");
    
editor.pasteHtml(text);
}

It seems that $Find and .PasteHtml doesn't work. 
Anybody know the solution for this?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
6 answers
253 views
Having trouble with the NavigateURL path resolution.... I'm using prometheus RadMenu Trial version: Version=2007.3.1328.35

I've built a menu with NavigateURL parameters to aspx pages within my root web project. The menu is housed inside a user control which is loaded inside my master page. The menu items are built dynamically from a datatable. Basically, only certain pages can be run by any given user based on their profile. So I fill a datatable with all the allowed "Menu Items". The Text value and NavigateURL value are bound at runtime.

The problem: Since RadMenu is derived from System.Web.UI.Control it implements the TemplateSourceDirectory property automatically when a NavigateURL property is set. Again this is at runtime not design time. Since the menu is inside a user control the relative path begins at the user control solution folder (e.g. /UserControls). As a result when the menu items are bound they are given the relative path of /UserControls then appended to it the NavigateURL. 

I need some help in overriding the TemplateSourceDirectory so all the relative paths point to the root. (e.g.
/ )?

Right now the menu items have a relative path of (
http://localhost:3534/UserControls/*.aspx)
I want them to have a relative path of
(http://localhost:3534/*.aspx)

Final note: Any solution must be done at runtime so the menu is dynamic based on the users profiile. HELP!!!! By the way - We have a PO in the works to purchase the full suite of Telerik for our dev team (5 licenses). Your immediate help will assist me in the go no go descision for the purchase.

Jay Ashbaugh
Jay
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Feb 2008
1 answer
140 views
Using the Table Wizard - can I set the css for the row & column box selections?  For example, using the Default2006 skin, I'd like to set the row/col selection boxes with a different color...say something like the orange used in the Mac skin.

Thanks,

Jim
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?