Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
126 views
When users open the advanced edit form on an appt, how can I hide one of the items from the resources collection?  I have three resources, but I only want them to be able to edit two of them.

Thanks
Mark
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
1 answer
181 views
I have created a function to move my treenodes up and down on the client side by creating a new node, copying the old node information to the new node, then removing the old node and inserting the new node into at a index offset by 1.  Code:

var

newNode = new Telerik.Web.UI.RadTreeNode();

newNode.set_text(node.get_text());

newNode.set_value(node.get_value());

treeView().trackChanges();

var parent = node.get_parent();

var index = parent.get_nodes().indexOf(node);

var newIndex = null;

if(direction == "up")

    var newIndex = index - 1;

if(direction == "down")

    var newIndex = index + 1;

parent.get_nodes().remove(node);

parent.get_nodes().insert(index,newNode);

treeView().commitChanges();

This all works except after wards, when I try and access the parent of newNode, it says that "get_parent() is null or not an object."  I realize that in this function I have the parent object, but this is just a code snippet.  Soon after the newNode is created I will need to get it's parent, and it's parent's parent information.  This is done in a seperate function that does not have access to the parent object in the above code snippet.  Is this a known issue, or is there a fix?

aquillin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
6 answers
140 views
I recently upgraded from the 2007 3 1218 assembly to the 2007 3 1314. My grid has several columns that can be edited in place using a double click. In the 1218 assembly, after a doubleclick and the editItem method is called on the row, the grid width stays the same as before and the HTML input controls are shown as expected by looking at the online demo-

http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Grid/Examples/DataEditing/EditOnDblClick/DefaultCS.aspx


When I upgraded the assembly to 1218, the grid width no longer stays the same when showing the edit fields for that row- its much wider now. When reseting (clearedititems called from the server) the grid goes back to its desired size. This happens for both IE7 and FireFox 2.0.0.11.  Is there something that I need to add in the grid for this new assembly?

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
1 answer
218 views
I've got a grid which is auto-generating its' columns...

1) When setting 'UseStaticHeaders' the headers' width doesn't expand with the actual width of the data columns (the header doesn't match up with the data rows). Everything looks fine without using static headers. Is there some setting I am missing?

2) What determines the width and the max width of auto generated columns? I can see that it will wrap at some point, can this be set? Can a minimum width also be set? I suppose this might help with #1.

3) It would be nice if there was a way to set the ScrollHeight to 100% or some other setting where there wouldn't be a vertical scroll, it's not always desirable, esecially if the overall page is already vertically scrollable the page might as well be longer so there is only one scroll. (Same for horizontal I might add, this would be addressable depending on answers to #2). I've tried 100%, it seems to go the default (300 or 350 pixels, I forget which).
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
3 answers
272 views
I have several RadWindows that I'm working on that use the max-height and max-width styles in a linked stylesheet. It works fine in IE when not in a RadWindow but does not work when in a RadWindow. This works fine in FireFox in both scenarios.

You should be able to easily test this by creating a RadWindow that has a asp:Image with an ImageURL to a large image. Create a css file with the class below and apply your class to the asp:Image. In a RadWindow in IE it won't apply the max width/height of the image. In FireFox it works fine.

.thumbnail  
{  
    border:0px;  
    max-height:96px;  
    max-width:96px;  
} 
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
1 answer
121 views
I'm using Prometheus Window control and trying to use the Office2007.  Just using a simple radalert with Vista skin will show the OK button.  However, if I change the skin to Office2007 or Outlook, the OK button image does not show, just only the OK text.

I've copy all the RadControls folder and Skins folder to the appropriate place in my development environment.

Is this a bug with the Office2007 skin and Window?

Thanks
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
0 answers
93 views
Hi,

A quick question: Is it expected behavior that images added to a RadEditor field are not copied as part of variations propagation? Images using the built-in editor are being copied.

Frank
frankju
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 12 Feb 2008
1 answer
119 views
Using the following code (as interpreted from the online docs), I receive Server Error in '/' Application. I take out the JavaScript line, and it works fine. Or, if I put the ClientID into the Page Load and write it to Debug, I can retreive the ID fine. Latest version of the Splitter and VS 2008. Any ideas?

<TelerikWeb:RadSlidingZone ID="OutputPaneSlidingZone" Height="22" DockedPaneId="PaneCompileOutput" SlideDirection="Top" runat="server">

<TelerikWeb:RadSlidingPane ID="PaneCompileOutput" MinHeight="22" Title="Compile Output" OnClientDocked="Pane_OnChange" OnClientResized="Pane_OnChange" OnClientUndocked="Pane_OnChange" OnClientExpanded="Pane_OnChange" OnClientCollapsed="Pane_OnChange" EnableResize="true" runat="server">

var slidingZone = $find("<%= OutputPaneSlidingZone.ClientID %>");

 

Server Error in '/' Application.

The Controls collection cannot be modified because the control contains code blocks (i.e. <% ... %>).

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The Controls collection cannot be modified because the control contains code blocks (i.e. <% ... %>).

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The Controls collection cannot be modified because the control contains code blocks (i.e. <% ... %>).]
   System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.AddAt(Int32 index, Control child) +2108046
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxControl.MoveUpdatePanel(Control initiator, Control updated) +207
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxControl.PerformRender() +403
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxControl.OnPageRender(HtmlTextWriter writer, Control page) +1473
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxControl.RenderPageInAjaxMode(HtmlTextWriter writer, Control page) +63
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +98
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +20
   System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +26
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +25
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +121
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +22
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2558

Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
0 answers
105 views
In our sites we using a 'mapping' for creating real addresses. 
For example:

http://localhost/index.aspx?modul=demo&page=list&
the real address is
/test/modules/demo/templates/list.aspx

Scheduler shows next link for Today, Day, Week, Mount etc.
http://localhost/test/modules/demo/templates/#
Is there a way that we can override this address?

Thanks,

Imrich Szolik

Imrich
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 12 Feb 2008
15 answers
259 views
In previous RadEditor if I had one ImagePath set, it would default to that folder when you opened the ImageManager.

But in Prometheus when you open the ImageManager with one folder, you first need to select that folder to see the content.

Example:
RadEditor1.ImageManager.ViewPaths = new string[] { "~/Images/CustomerA" };

When CustomerA used to open ImageManager, he directly saw his files. But in Prometheus, he now sees a folder "CustomerA", and has to double-click it to see his files.

Is it possible to change this behaviour? For us having many different users on our CMS system, this makes the ImageManager alot harder to use, especially when our CustomerA folder name actually look pretty cryptic.
Per Holmqvist
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?