Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
133 views
In the non-prometheus version of the treeview, you could shift+click to highlight multiple nodes.

Can this be done in the prometheus version?  I've only been able to control+click.

Thanks,

Matt

Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Feb 2008
1 answer
237 views
In your Imageonly example, there is in the "Design Mode Smarttag" a NULL exception (VS 2008). I think, the designer expects a Text-entry.
Is this a bug?
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Feb 2008
11 answers
272 views
I have an 'inter-table' relationship, a customer can be linked to another customer. In RadGrid this is selectable through a DropDownColumn.

However, this isn't always the case. So, those will have their field set to Null.

RadGrid retrieves the Null and makes it a DBNull.

Now, during runtime, that DBNull defaults magically to the first customer record, instead of displaying an emtpy cell.

Nothing mentioned ANYWHERE on this site fixes this, it just stays that way, i can change it to another customer, sure, but Null ones WILL default to the first record.

Not exactly what i am looking for, nor something i want to hard-code (hard-coding stuff like this has been the death of companies, makes for really unmaintainable code when dealing with extreme growth and many changes to the db, hell, the current application in prototyping is for a company that is about to keel over because their current software is hard-coded.), so no frolicking with events and code on this one. No 'dummy customers' either.

A Null is just that, a Null.. not Record #1, not any record, just plain simple vapor, nothing, vacuum, empty, etc..

How to fix without ANY code? Is it fixable to begin with (even with code)?

Oh, also, it seems like the "EmptyListItem" stuff in the DropDownColumn doesn't do anything, or, at least with DBNull or Null values, even though  a quick inspection with Reflector does show your DLL  figuring out if the EmptyListItemValue is in the data (which it is not), and adding an empty item to the DropDownColumn, this is nowhere to be found in my grid, which happily defaults to Record #1, the EmptyListItem is nowhere to be found, even in the EditForm.

I assume you understand that this absolutely KILLS anything we are doing with Prometheus, it is totally unusable if it defaults to the first record (something that the EmptyListItem stuff should catch and deal with). I have no issue with showing 'None' in that field if there is no linked customer, but defaulting to the first record is a total show (and usage of Prometheus) stopper. I need this resolved/answered ASAP because it will be a LOT of work to re-do the application with another product suite. I am not about to add code for hundreds of grids throughout the massive application in order to catch NULL values, that would be totally ridiculous and completely go against 'RAD'.
PureCode
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
1 answer
127 views
Hello colleagues.

My application is starting to get a little complex now and I was wondering if anyone could help shed some light on my dilemma.

I have 2 grids on a page. If I click a row in gridA it needs to update the contents in gridB (via Ajax). This is working fine.

gridA has thousands of rows of data, so I'm currently enabling virtual scrolling. The problem I have is that when I scroll and the ajax request grabs more data, I want gridA to update itself (via ajax) but not gridB in this circumstance!

However, I've already told the ajaxmanager that gridA updates gridB via ajax. So how do I tell it that it only needs to update gridB when a row is clicked and not when it's scrolled?

Puzzled.
DT
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
1 answer
129 views
Hello,

I want to know if it is possible to ONLY display the "All Day Event" row in the Week View.  I want to hide the hourly breakdown and only allow for all day events.

Also, Instead of the hour rows, I'd like to group by a resource.  Please look at this image to better understand what I am trying to accomplish.

Please let me know if this is possible:

Schedule.jpg

Thank you.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
3 answers
254 views
Can someone from Telerik please, please, please, give a working example of using RadAjaxManager and RadAjaxManagerProxy in masterpages and usercontrols.

Please consider this the scenario:

1 MasterPage - contains RadAjaxManager and LoadingPanel
1 .aspx page (using MasterPage as template) with a RadGrid that needs to fire an ajaxified "RowClicked" event
1 usercontrol on the .aspx page that contains labels etc. to display details about row that was clicked.

I think this covers most of the scenarios and should give a good understanding of how to use these very confusing controls.

Cheers


Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
8 answers
972 views
Hi,

Im using masterpage and Prometheus controls in my project. On Button Click i need to open radwindow from codebehind, the code what im having is working fine with RadControls Q3 but not for Prometheus Control. Can anyone guide me to the issue.

Master page.

<

telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server"></telerik:RadWindowManager>

Content Page:

On Button Click-

string windowScript = "<script language=javascript>window.radopen('RadGrid.aspx')</script>";
ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(Page.GetType(),
"LoginWindowScript", windowScript);

-------------
Looking forward of ur response

Regards
Jai

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
3 answers
117 views
I am creating new nodes on the clientside and need a way to set the contect menu for the new node.  I have 3 context menus attached to 3 types of nodes, and so the new node needs to have the correct context menu set when it gets created.  Once again, this all needs to be done on the clientside.

Thanks
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
3 answers
206 views
I can't seem to remove the dots next to the file inputs, even when I set ControlObjectsVisibility to none.
There doesn't seem to be anything controlling this in the css either.

Also would like to change the text for the add input button to something like "add another input".

Thanks for any help on these two issues.  I would seem to be two common questions so I hope someone can help.

Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
3 answers
257 views

Ok, my current project has expanded considerably...

The original project was to create a schedular that showed the event details/description in a panel below the calendar, but I had focusing issues, namely when I clicked the appointment, and included a; me.lblDetail.Focus() argument, it did not work. As an alternative, I've decided to give RadWindow a spin, and see if it can solve a problem another way.

What I need to know, is how to open a specific window using vb.net on appointmentClick. I have the following code for the Schedular:

Private Sub EventWindow(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.SchedulerEventArgs) Handles RadScheduler1.AppointmentClick  
 
        Dim EventID As Integer  
        Dim conn As New SqlConnection()  
 
 
        'Make DataKeyField in RadScheduler Integer  
        EventID = CType(e.Appointment.ID, Integer)  
        Session.Clear()  
        Session.Add("EventID", EventID)  
 
        'Open EventDetail window (?????)  
End Sub  
 

In the .aspx file for the EventDetail window, I have the following code in the code behind (which works with calendar):

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load  
 
        Dim EventID As Integer = HttpContext.Current.Session("catalog").ToString  
        Dim conn As New SqlConnection()  
 
        'Make DataKeyField in RadScheduler Integer  
        EventID = Integer.Parse(Session("EventID"))  
 
        ' SQL Connection String Event  
        conn.ConnectionString = "Data Source=domain.domain.com;Initial Catalog=databasename;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=xxxxxxx;Password=xxxxxxxx" 
 
        'open connection  
        conn.Open()  
 
        'SQL SELECT statement  
        Dim cmd As New SqlCommand  
        cmd.CommandType = CommandType.Text  
        cmd.CommandText = "SELECT EventName, EventDescription FROM dummytable WHERE EventID = @EventID" 
        cmd.Connection = conn 
        ' Create a SqlParameter for each parameter in the stored procedure.  
        cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@EventID", EventID)  
 
        'Execute Reader  
        Dim Reader As SqlDataReader = cmd.ExecuteReader()  
 
        While Reader.Read()  
            With Me  
                .lblEventName.Text = Reader("EventName").ToString  
                .lblEventDetail.Text = Reader("EventDescription").ToString  
            End With  
        End While  
        Reader.Close()  
 
    End Sub 

I saw the information in your online help about opening a window using java and asp.net, but I think the best way for me is to use vb.net, as it is what i am most familiar with.

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?