Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
234 views
I have a ReadOnly RadTextBox with empty text value. I set its value using Javascript from the client side. When the page is submitted, the server gets empty value in the text box. The javascript value is lost.

Is there anyway, to get this value?

I saw other threads talk about similar problem, but all of which said that telerik could not reproduce the behavior. Can you try this one?
-Piyush
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Feb 2008
4 answers
136 views
I realize that the reason my radwindow loads every time the page is reloaded is because I have the visibleonpageload property set to true, but I don't want this behavior to happen.  I have looked at a similar post located at http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-mhctd.aspx, but I need a more concrete example of how you can prevent the window from popping up every single time the page is reloaded.  I want the window to load up only when the user clicks on the appropriate asp:linkbutton control.

Thanks,
Dave
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Feb 2008
1 answer
208 views
I've read Connell's white paper on deploying the menu controls to SharePoint.

I'm trying to deploy 5 other controls used by a web control I've written.  I see that the menu control's files have to be deployed to
:
....\web server extensions\wpresources\RadMenu.Net2\<version>__<public token>\RadControls...

Our process for building the *.WSP is different to the one detailed by Connell (we don't use VS to build them) so I was wondering where the other controls's files go.  How does the RadMenu in his example know to look in "RadMenu.Net2\<version>__<public token>" for the root of the RadControls folder?

I hope this question makes sense...
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Feb 2008
1 answer
97 views
I m using Prometheus controls in .net 3.5 (2008), when i copy code from into my page i found that its auto create lines as

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

in each line, and also when i click on any control on gui it auto this "&nbsp;" in every line of the page, pls  send me the solution,


thanking

Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Feb 2008
1 answer
117 views
Hi All,

I am newbie to telerik controls.

Can any one explain what do you mean by this?

How it differs from the other?

What is its advantages?
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Feb 2008
2 answers
197 views

Hi,
I am trying to put a slidder within my Grid, it shows up correctly, but it is not editable as I would like it to be.  Here is my code:

<web:RadGrid ID="gvPlacementAtClientsCriteria" runat="server" Width="100%" AllowPaging="false" AllowSorting="false" GridLines="None">  
        <ClientSettings ApplyStylesOnClient="True">  
            <Selecting AllowRowSelect="True"></Selecting> 
        </ClientSettings> 
        <MasterTableView CssClass="MasterTable" DataKeyNames="Id" AllowMultiColumnSorting="True" Width="100%">  
            <Columns> 
                <rad:GridBoundColumn DataField="Id" UniqueName="Id" ReadOnly="True">  
                    <headerstyle width="10px" /> 
                    <itemstyle horizontalalign="Center" /> 
                </rad:GridBoundColumn> 
                <rad:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Client Name">  
                    <headerstyle width="300px" /> 
                    <ItemTemplate> 
                        <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlClient" runat="server" /> 
                    </ItemTemplate> 
                </rad:GridTemplateColumn> 
                <rad:GridBoundColumn DataField="Percentage" HeaderText="%" ReadOnly="True">  
                    <headerstyle width="20px" /> 
                    <itemstyle horizontalalign="Center" /> 
                </rad:GridBoundColumn> 
                <rad:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Distribution">  
                    <headerstyle width="200px" /> 
                    <ItemTemplate> 
                        <tk:RadSlider ID="radSlider1" runat="server" MinimumValue="0" MaximumValue="100" Orientation="Horizontal"></tk:RadSlider> 
                    </ItemTemplate> 
                </rad:GridTemplateColumn> 
                <rad:GridTemplateColumn HeaderImageUrl="~/Images/lock.gif" UniqueName="Locked">  
                    <itemtemplate> 
                        <asp:CheckBox ID="ckbLocked" runat="server"></asp:CheckBox> 
                    </itemtemplate> 
                    <headerstyle width="10px" /> 
                    <itemstyle horizontalalign="Center" /> 
                </rad:GridTemplateColumn> 
            </Columns> 
        </MasterTableView> 
    </web:RadGrid> 
 


Thanks for your help,
Jonahtan

Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Feb 2008
1 answer
136 views
I'd like to subclass RadGrid prometheus in one of our assemblies so that the grid properties are set uniformly for each client developer like so:
namespace MP.Core.Controls
{
    public class MPViewGrid : Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid
    {
        MPViewGrid()
        {
            FormatControls();
        }
        private void FormatControls()
        {
            this.AllowPaging = true;
            this.AllowSorting = true;
            this.GridLines = GridLines.Horizontal;
            this.ShowGroupPanel = true;
       }
    }
}
It compiles just fine, but I cannot get the derived grid, MPViewGrid, to show up in the developer's toolbox.  What should I do to make this happen?

Thank you,
Martin.


plamen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Feb 2008
2 answers
289 views
Hi,
I have the problem with the js function hide.
I use RadToolTipManager for display my content

Page Front End
<asp:ScriptManagerProxy ID="ListScriptManagerProxy" runat="server"></asp:ScriptManagerProxy> 
 
<telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy ID="ListAjaxManager" runat="server"> 
 
    <AjaxSettings> 
 
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="UpdateButton" > 
 
            <UpdatedControls> 
 
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="ListEditorPanel" LoadingPanelID="ListAjaxLoadingPanel" /> 
 
            </UpdatedControls> 
 
        </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
 
    </AjaxSettings> 
 
</telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy> 
 
&nbsp; 
 
<telerik:RadToolTipManager ID="EditItemToolTipManager" runat="server" ShowEvent="OnClick" 
 
        Skin="Vista" Position="MiddleRight" RelativeTo="Element" ManualClose="true"  onajaxupdate="EditItemToolTipManager_OnAjaxUpdate" > 
 
</telerik:RadToolTipManager> 
 
     
 
&nbsp; 
 
<div style="width:200px"> 
 
    <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="ListAjaxLoadingPanel" runat="server" > 
 
                <asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..."  
 
                    ImageUrl="~/RadControls/Ajax/Skins/Default/Loading.gif" /> 
 
    </telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel> 
 
    <asp:LinkButton runat="server" ID="NewItemButton">Add New </asp:LinkButton> 
 
    <asp:Panel runat="server" ID="ListEditorPanel"> 
 
        Some content will be here 
 
    </asp:Panel> 
 
</div> 
 
<asp:Panel runat="server" Visible="false" ID="EditItemPanel"> 
 
        <br /> 
 
        <asp:Panel runat="server" ID="EditControlPanel"> 
 
        </asp:Panel> 
 
        <asp:Button runat="server" ID="UpdateButton" Text="Update" OnClick="UpdateButton_Click" /> 
 
        <asp:Button runat="server" ID="DeleteButton" Text="Delete" OnClick="DeleteButton_Click" /> 
 
        <asp:Button runat="server" ID="CancelButton" Text="Cancel" /> 
 
</asp:Panel> 

Page Back End

public partial class ListManager : System.Web.UI.UserControl 
{ 
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 
    {    
        HookupScripts(); 
        EditItemToolTipManager.TargetControls.Add(NewItemButton.ClientID, true); 
    } 
 
    private void HookupScripts() 
    { 
        // Get a ClientScriptManager reference from the Page class. 
        ClientScriptManager cs = Page.ClientScript; 
        // Check to see if the include script exists already. 
        if (!cs.IsClientScriptIncludeRegistered(csname)) 
        { 
            cs.RegisterClientScriptInclude(cstype, csname, ResolveClientUrl(csurl)); 
        } 
        UpdateButton.OnClientClick = "HideTooltip(\"" + EditItemToolTipManager.ClientID + "\")"; 
        CancelButton.OnClientClick = "HideTooltip(\"" + EditItemToolTipManager.ClientID + "\")"; 
    } 
} 

I have registered js file

function HideTooltip(tooltipClientId) 
{ 
     var tooltip = $find(tooltipClientId); 
     alert(tooltip.isVisible()); 
     tooltip.hide(); 
} 

When I click at NewItemButton page displays me tooltip, but when i click CancelButton alert window returns me "false" and tooltip does not hide.

How this problem can be resolved?


Mikhail Rabchuk
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Feb 2008
1 answer
155 views
Can I leverage the TreeView control in RadControls to create a TreeView custom field type for SharePoint lists?  I'm currently using an out of the box text field type with multiple choices, but the the list of choices in growing unmanagably long
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Feb 2008
1 answer
96 views
Hi,

I have an array of DateTime.
How can it be possible for RadCalendar to display the days from array in different style?

Thanks,
Florin
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?