Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
143 views
Hi,

I am making a Prometheus Portal, and when I add a dock to the page, and then call up the page again, tehre is the dock that I placed, which can close and collapse and what not,  but there is also a duplicate of that dock underneath it, where the dock commands do not work, and I cannot drag or close it.  Why is this happening?

also, Whenever I try to perform an action in my embedded Crystal Report Viewer, I get an Invalid JSON Primitive "." Error. 

Can anyone please help me?
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Feb 2008
5 answers
322 views
Hi,
I have a Tree using clientside drag and drop and load on demand with webservice.
How can I update the Tree-Structure on the Serverside with calling a webmethod at the end of the client-event onNodeDropping?

Example:
function onNodeDropping(sender, eventArgs) 
        { 
            var destinationNode = eventArgs.get_destNode();                                         
       
            if(destinationNode)   
            {    
                var sourceNodes = eventArgs.get_sourceNodes();  
                               
                var firstTreeView = sourceNodes[0].get_treeView(); 
                var secondTreeView = destinationNode.get_treeView(); 
                var firstTreeViewID= sourceNodes[0].get_treeView().get_id();   
                var secondTreeViewID = destinationNode.get_treeView().get_id();   
               
                firstTreeView.trackChanges();   
                secondTreeView.trackChanges();   
                   var type = "over"; 
                for (var i = 0; i < sourceNodes.length; i++)   
                {   
                    var sourceNode = sourceNodes[i];   
                    //sourceNode.get_parent().get_nodes().remove(sourceNode);                        
                       
                   
                    if(eventArgs.get_dropPosition() == "over")  
                    { 
                        destinationNode.get_nodes().add(sourceNode);                                                         
                    } 
                    if(eventArgs.get_dropPosition() == "above")  
                    { 
                        insertBefore(destinationNode, sourceNode);   
                        type = "above"; 
                    } 
                    if(eventArgs.get_dropPosition() == "below")   
                    { 
                        insertAfter(destinationNode, sourceNode);   
                        type = "below"; 
                    } 
                 
                }   
                destinationNode.set_expanded(true);   
                firstTreeView.commitChanges();   
                secondTreeView.commitChanges();  
                 
                // Save State Serverside 

                WebInterface._webServices.MainAjaxServices.InsertNodes(eventArgs, "type", null, null);   
             
            }  
        } 

and Serverside:
[WebMethod( EnableSession = true )] 
        [ScriptMethod] 
        public void InsertNodes( RadTreeNodeDragDropEventArgs NodeEvent, string type ) 
        { 
            // Update the Tree-XMl Serverside 
        } 

Is it possible to get the clientside Eventargs to Serverside?

Thank you very much
Christian

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Feb 2008
3 answers
245 views
I have created a custom skin for my Editor.  It works as expected except for one item.  When a page loads with the editor on it I get an error thrown (through Elmah) :

System.Web.HttpException: This is an invalid webresource request

Here is the editor code:

<

telerik:RadEditor ID="RadTextBoxMessageP" OnClientLoad="OnClientLoad" Runat=server Skin="DWDS" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" ToolsFile="/ToolsFileLimited.xml" />

I also have the following declared:

<

link href="/Skins/DWDS/Editor.DWDS.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<

script type="text/javascript">

function

OnClientLoad(editor, args)

{

var style = editor.get_ContentArea().style;

style.backgroundImage =

"none";

}

</

script>

Any ideas of why I am getting this error? I have done skins for several other controls and haven't had a probelm with them.

Thanks

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Feb 2008
1 answer
178 views
Hi ,

  I have two update panel , one having button and another having place holder. when I click button and  load control  dynamically in other update panel place holder, the skin of the of the combobox does not get loaded properly.
If  I do not place the button in the update panel then evrything works fine. but in my application I have to use two update panel so I cannot think of removing the update panel.

Thanks & Regards,

Vaibhav Goel



the Code which I am using is as below

ASPX:

<%

@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="DynamicLoadControl.aspx.cs" Inherits="DynamicLoadControl" %>

<%

@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<!

DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<

html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >

<

head runat="server">

<title>Untitled Page</title>

</

head>

<

body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager" runat="server"></asp:ScriptManager>

<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional">

<ContentTemplate>

<div>

<asp:Button id="cmdLoadControl" runat="server" OnClick="cmdLoadControl_Click" Text="Load Control 1" />

</div>

</ContentTemplate>

</asp:UpdatePanel>

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="height: 100%; background-color: white;

border-top-width: thin; border-left-width: thin; border-left-color: black; border-bottom-width: thin;

border-bottom-color: black; border-top-color: black; border-right-width: thin;

border-right-color: black; width: 100%; position: static;"

width="100%">

<tr>

<td>

<asp:UpdatePanel id="pnluCompanyData" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional">

<contenttemplate>

<asp:PlaceHolder id="CtrlPlaceholder" runat="server">

</asp:PlaceHolder>

</contenttemplate>

</asp:UpdatePanel>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</form>

</

body>

</

html>




ASPX.CS

using

System;

using

System.Data;

using

System.Configuration;

using

System.Collections;

using

System.Web;

using

System.Web.Security;

using

System.Web.UI;

using

System.Web.UI.WebControls;

using

System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;

using

System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

public

partial class DynamicLoadControl : System.Web.UI.Page

{

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

}

protected void cmdLoadControl_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

CtrlPlaceholder.Controls.Clear();

Control cntDynamicControl = LoadControl("DynamicControl.ascx");

cntDynamicControl.ID =

"DynamicControl";

CtrlPlaceholder.Controls.Add(cntDynamicControl);

pnluCompanyData.Update();

}

}



ASCX

<%

@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="DynamicControl.ascx.cs" Inherits="DynamicControl" %>

<%

@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<

telerik:RadComboBox id="drpEvaluationMonth" runat="server"

AutoPostBack="True" >

<Items >

<telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="1" />

<telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="2" />

<telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="3" />

<telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="4" />

<telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="5" />

<telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="6" />

</Items>

<CollapseAnimation Duration="200" Type="OutQuint" />

<ExpandAnimation Type="OutQuart" />

</

telerik:RadComboBox>

Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Feb 2008
1 answer
94 views
Hello,

I am trying to use RadWindow with IE6 and am running into some problems trying to open the window up using javascript when I call

var siteWin = window.radopen("page.aspx?qs=" + queryString, "test1");

the browser locks up and becomes non responsive.


Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Feb 2008
1 answer
155 views
Working with the RadNumericTextBox, I am trying to assign the absolute floor for a double using Double.MinValue to the TextBox Value property (myRadNumericTextBox.Value = Double.MinValue). It throws a "InvalidCastException" for Text property cannot be set. Value was either too large or too small for a Double. I have no problem assigning Int32.MinValue. This occurs with MaxValue for both, also. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Feb 2008
3 answers
68 views
I cannot enable context menus on node once disabled.  I would like to be able to enable them.

I will open a ticket and send you a picture
running verision 2007.3.1328.20


Here is your implementation

public bool EnableContextMenu
{
    get
    {
        return (this.ViewState["EnableContextMenu"] == null);
    }
    set
    {
        this.ViewState["EnableContextMenu"] = value;
    }
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Feb 2008
3 answers
260 views
Control 'ValidatePhoneIsPrimary' referenced by the ControlToValidate property of '' cannot be validated.

This is the error I get on my custom validator. If I change the validator to a different control to validate - like a textboxcontrol - then it works fine. But it won't work for my checkbox. 

<telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn HeaderText="Primary" DataType="System.Boolean" DataField="IsPrimary" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" UniqueName="PhoneIsPrimary">
<HeaderStyle Width="10px" />
</telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn>

protected void RadGrid1_ItemCreated1(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)

{

if (e.Item.OwnerTableView.Name == "Phone")
    {
if (e.Item is GridEditableItem && e.Item.IsInEditMode)
        {
            GridEditableItem item2a = e.Item as GridEditableItem;

GridCheckBoxColumnEditor editor2a = (GridCheckBoxColumnEditor)item2a.EditManager.GetColumnEditor("PhoneIsPrimary");

TableCell cell2a = (TableCell)editor2a.CheckBoxControl.Parent;

CustomValidator validator2a = new CustomValidator();

editor2a.CheckBoxControl.ID =

"ValidatePhoneIsPrimary";

validator2a.ControlToValidate = editor2a.CheckBoxControl.ID;

validator2a.ErrorMessage =

"Inactive or Closed Phone can not be Primary Phone";

validator2a.ServerValidate +=

new ServerValidateEventHandler(CustomValidator1_ServerValidate);

cell2a.Controls.Add(validator2a);

}}}

 

protected void CustomValidator1_ServerValidate(object source, System.Web.UI.WebControls.ServerValidateEventArgs args)

{

if (args.Value == "0"){args.IsValid = true;}}

If I can get this working I will also need to look at and compare args.value to my combobox dropdown selected value - I am not sure how to retrieve that value here in my validation routine.

plamen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Feb 2008
13 answers
576 views
Hi,

Has anyone noticed a problem with the splitter when resizing the browser window? If you have a large amount of content in a pane, then you maximise the window, it can take a minute or more for the browser window to redraw properly. You have to have a huge amount of content i.e. a 1500 row table in one pane, 1500 graphics in another pane. Yes we do need this as we are writing a Gantt Chart and a project plan for some of our customers can easily have double this amount of tasks.

If I remove the splitter and implement my own DIV's, it takes it 2 seconds to redraw.

I really like the display and functionality behind the splitter but I cannot use it unless someone can tell me how to correct this problem! It must be something to do with the splitter code?

Regards,

Mark
Daron
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Feb 2008
3 answers
246 views
Hello everybody!
I know my question is not that telerik related, but probably you guys already needed something like this:
I have a mainpage with a radtreeview and an iframe. By clicking on a treenode, I load a new aspx page into the iframe. Now I want to access the radtreeview from the iframe, in order to update the tree.

Does anybody know any possibilities to access controls from "parent"frames ?

thx in advance & kind regards
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 14 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?