Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
127 views
Hi !

I've tried lite and full version of radeditor.
I get the same conclusion for both. It does not work for HTML content.

If I create a new item in a SharePoint list, the built-in default editor comes for HTML content. The RadEditor comes only for 'Multiple lines of text, RTE' columns.

In a browser non-IE like Firefox, the RadEditor comes for 'Multiple lines of text, RTE' but for columns 'Publishing HTML', it does not work. I get only the usual window of Firefox and it just does not work at all.

Is it possible to force SharePoint to use RadEditor in custom 'Publishing HTML' columns or not ?

If yes, can you explain how to handle this.

Thanks.

FM
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2008
1 answer
271 views
Hi,

I am using a radComboBox with LoadOnDemand enabled. During the ItemRequested event I populate the list of items based on the key stroke, when I create the new RadComboBoxItem to add my combo I add a new attribute by

newItem.Attributes["MyAttribute"] = "SomeValue";

I need to access this attribute during the SelectedIndexChanged server event.
When I try

string myAttr = myCombo.SelectedItem.Attributes["MyAttribute"];

I get a null Exception error


thanks
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2008
3 answers
211 views
I am migrating from RadControls to Prometheus. I got a compiler error stating that property ExternalCallBackPage no longer exist. Searching the forum I saw that I have to use a webservice instead of ExternalCallBackPage.

However I want to create a multi column combobox using a header and item template. The webservice in the example given returns an array of RadComboBoxItemData objects. How can I use a webservice to populate a multicolumn combobox?

 

Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2008
1 answer
185 views
Hey guys my application is using the radtreeview for updating and saving form entry information. So when you select a node it loads a form. You click save and the node is removed in my client side script. 

What would be nice is some way to select the next node after that top one is removed. Or just select the top node like Select(node[0]) or something like this. 

Can you point me in the direction for finding and selecting the next node client side? Is there some way to determine from the Selected Node that i'm about to remove what is the next node and if there is not a next node Select the parent? thank you very much.
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2008
1 answer
90 views
I have a RadWindow on my page that has the property ShowContentDuringLoad="false". So until the content is loaded, the user sees a blank page. (sometimes the loading of the page in the window can take a few seconds.) So my question is whether there is a way to specify a loading template of some sort that will display until the actual content is loaded. I was hoping to see <loadingtemplate> that I could apply to the WindowManager, but I did not find one and I did not see one identified in the CoreTemplates.xml file either.

Therefore, is there a way that I currently display something while the content is loading and if not, could you add a feature to define a loading template?

Thanks.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2008
5 answers
284 views

I have a master page which contains a RadAjaxManager and a RadScriptManager.  My child page contains a RadScheduler which I'm trying to ajaxify.  Basically, when the user clicks on a day, I want to schedule the appointment with no input from the user and then show that appointment on the scheduler with no refresh.  The appointment doesn't show up without a refresh, though, even though I can see the data source is updated.

(All Q307 Promotheus controls, by the way.)

I'm programmatically finding the RadAjaxManager in the page load of the child page and loading the setting by using the AddAjaxSetting method.  If I don't use a master page and set the Ajax Settings during design time, it works.

I put together this simple form to show the problem.  Here is the code-behind:

public partial class SchedulerTest : System.Web.UI.Page

{

    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

    {

        RadAjaxManager RadAjaxManager1 = (RadAjaxManager)this.Page.Master.FindControl("RadAjaxManager1");

        RadAjaxManager1.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(RadAjaxManager1, this.RadScheduler1);

        RadAjaxManager1.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(RadAjaxManager1, RadAjaxManager1);

        RadAjaxManager1.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(RadScheduler1, RadScheduler1);

        RadAjaxManager1.AjaxRequest += new RadAjaxControl.AjaxRequestDelegate(this.RadAjaxManager1_CustomAjaxRequest);

        if (!IsPostBack)

        {

            this.RadScheduler1.DataSource = LoadAppointments();

            RadScheduler1.DataKeyField = "id";

            RadScheduler1.DataEndField = "end";

            RadScheduler1.DataStartField = "start";

            RadScheduler1.DataSubjectField = "subject";

            RadScheduler1.DataBind();       

        }

    }

    List<SchedulerApptInfo> LoadAppointments()

    {

        SchedulerApptInfo sched = new SchedulerApptInfo();

        sched.ID = "1";

        sched.Start = DateTime.Now;

        sched.End = DateTime.Now.AddDays(1);

        sched.Subject = "First Appt.";

        SchedulerApptInfo sched2 = new SchedulerApptInfo();

        sched2.ID = "2";

        sched2.Start = DateTime.Now.AddDays(2);

        sched2.End = DateTime.Now.AddDays(3);

        sched2.Subject = "Second Appt.";

        List<SchedulerApptInfo> schedList = new List<SchedulerApptInfo>();

        schedList.Add(sched);

        schedList.Add(sched2);

        return schedList;

    }

    protected void RadAjaxManager1_CustomAjaxRequest(object sender, AjaxRequestEventArgs e)

    {

        if (e.Argument == "Inserting")

        {

            SchedulerApptInfo sched = new SchedulerApptInfo();

            sched.ID = "3";

            sched.Start = DateTime.Now.AddDays(4);

            sched.End = DateTime.Now.AddDays(4.5);

            sched.Subject = "Third Appt.";

            List<SchedulerApptInfo> schedList = new List<SchedulerApptInfo>();

            schedList.Add(sched);

            this.RadScheduler1.DataSource = schedList;

            RadScheduler1.DataKeyField = "id";

            RadScheduler1.DataEndField = "end";

            RadScheduler1.DataStartField = "start";

            RadScheduler1.DataSubjectField = "subject";

            RadScheduler1.DataBind();

            RadScheduler1.Rebind();

        }

    }

}


And the design:

<asp:Content ID="Content1" runat="server" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1">

<telerik:RadScriptBlock ID="RadScriptBlock1" runat="server">

    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">

            function AppointmentInserting(sender, eventArgs)

            {             

                var reqeuestString = "Inserting";

                var ajaxManager = <%= this.Master.FindControl("RadAjaxManager1").ClientID %>;

                ajaxManager.AjaxRequest(reqeuestString); 

                eventArgs.set_cancel(true);

            }          

            function formatFullDate(date)

            {

                var year = padNumber(date.getUTCFullYear(), 4);

                var month = padNumber(date.getUTCMonth() + 1, 2);

                var day = padNumber(date.getUTCDate(), 2);

                var hour = padNumber(date.getUTCHours(), 2);

                var minute = padNumber(date.getUTCMinutes(), 2);                

                return year + month + day + hour + minute;

            }            

    </script>

</telerik:RadScriptBlock>

<telerik:RadScheduler ID="RadScheduler1" runat="server" SelectedView="MonthView" OnClientAppointmentInserting="AppointmentInserting">

</telerik:RadScheduler>

</asp:Content>

What am I missing?

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2008
3 answers
62 views
Hi,
migrating from old rad window, and missing SingleNonMinimizedWindow property and shortcuts collection. Any replacement for this in Prometheus version?

Thanks
Alex
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2008
1 answer
118 views
Hi!

I have created a context menu for img elements to provide left and right alignment options for images. I need customized functionality for this because the images are surrounded by a div element (containing a caption), and the alignment shall actually apply to the div. My problem is that after my code has run, the selection of the image is lost, and the scroll position is moved to the top. How can I retain the selection and scroll position? This is my code:

RadEditorCommandList["WCWImageLeft"] = function(commandName, editor, oTool)
{
    var selection = editor.GetSelection();
    var selectedElement = selection.GetParentElement();

    if (selectedElement != null && selectedElement.tagName == "IMG")
    {
        var divElement = selectedElement.parentElement;
            
        if (divElement != null && divElement.tagName == "DIV")
        {
            divElement.className = "floatLeft";
        }
    }
};
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2008
1 answer
136 views
I'm using the Tool Tip Manager to show a tool tip when a person clicks on a link in a repeater.  The repeater is within an update panel.

Now, everything works well when I have data in the repeater.  I click on the link, the tool tip shows up, I click on a link within the tool tip panel which calls a server side function and my update panel and repeater refreshes.  Looks great!

However!  When I have no data in the repeater, if I click elsewhere on the page, such as my main logo image which links to default.aspx, or if I click on the Rad Scheduler which I also have on that page, the tool tip pops up!

I'm not sure how the tool tip is being raised in this case.  I'd like to know, or perhaps force the tool tip manager to be disabled if there are no items in the repeater.

Hope you can advise!


Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2008
5 answers
249 views
It seems that my AjaxUpdate event is firing for controls that haven't been added to the ToolTip manager's target control collection.

I have a DataList and am adding my linkbutton controls in the ItemDataBound event.  It seems that however some imagebuttons that I have in a different content container (I'm using master pages) seems to trigger the AjaxEvent.

This also seems to be impacting the ability of my linkbuttons to show as the targetcontrols in the AjaxUpdate event when the linkbutton should be the source.


Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?