Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
231 views
Whenever I use an item template I lose the mousover effect in the item list.  I haven't found any documentation about this. 
  1. is this normal behavior?
  2. if so, what is the best way to make use of the mouseover effect defined in the theme?

Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Feb 2008
2 answers
112 views
After updating to SP1, my VS2008 seems not finding the correct assembly, as follow shown:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vf3r5k, where the Chinese part means "the specified file can not be found".

How could I fix it?

Thanks in advance.
Ricky.
Ricky
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Feb 2008
2 answers
131 views
Hi there,

I'm having a couple of issues with the Full-featured RAD editor for MOSS. I am inserting snippets of the relevant files here for further info.


Firstly, the 'Apply CSS Class' dropdown is enabled, however the list is empty, except for 'Clear Styles' and northing I do seems to populate this list.

Secondly, when editing a page (using WCM publishing site) I can change the paragraph style etc using the dropdowns, however it doesn't update the wysiwyg viewer - the text stays the same. (Unless I remove all my custom headings etc and use the default, which defeats the purpose)

Thirdly, as soon as I save the page, it strips all custom styles out of the page (see below)

Any help would be appreciated.


**Before saving**
<p><nh1>Annual Reports </nh1></p>

**After saving**
<p><nh1 />Annual Reports </p>


**ConfigFile.xml**
<property name="CssFiles">
<item>/_wpresources/RadEditorSharePoint/4.5.0.0__1f131a624888eeed/RadControls/Editor/CssEditor.css</item>
</property>

**Toolsfile.xml**
</tools>
<paragraphs>
         <paragraph name="&lt;nh1>Heading 1&lt;/nh1>" value="&lt;nh1>" />
         <paragraph name="&lt;nh2>Heading 2&lt;/nh2>" value="&lt;nh2>" />
         <paragraph name="&lt;nh3>Heading 3&lt;/nh3>" value="&lt;nh3>" />
</paragraphs>

**CssEditor.css**
nh1
{
 font-family: Verdana;
 font-weight: bold;
 font-size: 12pt;
 background: transparent;
 color: #000066;
}
nh2
{
 font-family: Verdana;
 font-weight: bold;
 font-size: 11pt;
 background: transparent;
 color: #000066;
}
nh3
{
 font-family: Verdana;
 font-weight: bold;
 font-size: 10pt;
 background: transparent;
 color: #000066;  /* dark blue  */
}
Nigel Hertz
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Feb 2008
1 answer
197 views

Hi,

I'm trying to use a Hierarchical DataSource of domain objects with the RadTreeView control.

I've set the DataSource, DataMember, DataTextField, and DataValueField in the markup on my ASPX page for the RadTreeView control...

However, it does not appear that the RadTreeView control is using the "DataMember" field to access a particular property of the Hierarchy Data Object that I want to use.

After taking a look at the stack trace here:

[HttpException (0x80004005): DataBinding: ******.UI.WebControls.DomainObjectHierarchyData' does not contain a property with the name 'Name'.]
   System.Web.UI.DataBinder.GetPropertyValue(Object container, String propName) +197
   System.Web.UI.DataBinder.GetPropertyValue(Object container, String propName, String format) +11
   Telerik.Web.UI.ControlItem.PopulateFromDataItem(PropertyDescriptorCollection properties, Object dataItem, String dataMember, Int32 depth) +215
   Telerik.Web.UI.NavigationItem.PopulateFromDataItem(PropertyDescriptorCollection properties, Object dataItem, String dataMember, Int32 depth) +76
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadTreeNode.PopulateFromDataItem(PropertyDescriptorCollection properties, Object dataItem, String dataMember, Int32 depth) +64
   Telerik.Web.UI.ControlDataBinder.SetItemPropeties(ControlItem item, Object dataItem, String dataMember, Int32 depth) +73
   Telerik.Web.UI.ControlDataBinder.BindItem(ControlItemCollection items, Object dataObject, Object dataItem, String dataMember, Int32 depth) +92

....

I looked at Telerik.Web.UI.ControlItem.PopulateFromDataItem() method and I noticed that the ControlItem.PopulateFromDataItem() does not respect the "dataMember" parameter that is being passed in.

Is this a limitation of the "Beta" "Prometheus" RadControls?

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Chavez
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Feb 2008
2 answers
290 views
Hey!

I have question. When I already set tooltip on TextBox it is showing when the mouse over at it. But when I click on a textbox to write, the Tooltip disappear.

Basically I want to show ToolTip when I click the TextBox - and disappear when I click another TextBox.

How to do this?
Grzesiek
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
 answered on 17 Feb 2008
5 answers
618 views
Hi,

I am trying to get the sample "Postback And Close On Reload" running for my own dialog box but always getting java-script error for some objects not found.

What I basically try to do is combine the online sample "Using RadWindow URL to supply server arguments" and the help sample "Postback And Close On Reload". The first one works quite well but the second does not.

Here is what I did so far:

In the parent page I am open the dialog with a js-function like this:
<script type="text/javascript">
    function openRadWindow(VoterID, EventID)
    {
       var oWnd = radopen("DialogVoterDelete.aspx?voterid=" + VoterID + "&eventid=" + EventID, "TrashConfirmWindow" );
       oWnd.Center();
    }
</script>
The dialog contains two buttons - "Yes" and "No". Both of them are doing a server postback. "No" should just close the dialog while "Yes" sould to some server-side action, close the dialog and refresh the parent page.

Therefore I've added the following JScript on the dialog.aspx:
<script type="text/javascript">
    //This code is used to provide a reference to the radwindow "wrapper"
    function GetRadWindow()
    {
       var oWindow = null;
       if (window.RadWindow1) oWindow = window.RadWindow1; //Will work in Moz in all cases, including clasic dialog
       else if (window.frameElement.RadWindow1) oWindow = window.frameElement.RadWindow1;//IE (and Moz az well)
       return oWindow;
    }

    function CloseOnReload()
    {
       GetRadWindow().close();
    }

    function RefreshParentPage()
    {
       GetRadWindow().BrowserWindow.location.reload();
    }
</script>
In the dialog.aspx I inserted a literal named "InjectScript" with the "passthrough" option set. On the server-side (C#) I've implemented the two methods below:
private void CloseDialogOnRefresh()
{
    InjectScript.Text = "<script>CloseOnReload()</script>";
}

private void RefreshParentPage()
{
    InjectScript.Text = "<script>RefreshParentPage()</script>";
}
These two functions where called from the server-side Click-Handlers but none of them works. Both results in a JScript error for some Null-References within the dialog.aspx.

I am not really sure what are control names and what are types in the JScript code above. For example as I understood the RadWindow created is named  "TrashConfirmWindow". Do I need to refer to the from the dialog by its name? Tried this as well (instead of ".RadWindow") but did not work neighter.

Does anybody have an idea what is going wrong here?

Thanks and cheers,
Marc

rh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Feb 2008
1 answer
142 views
ok, prometheus can load skins without having a folder to load the skins, the question is, how? and how do I make new skins for stuff like schedulers and stuff.

Peter
Wade Leveille
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Feb 2008
2 answers
208 views
Hey,
I am doing inline edit in "Prometheus" RagGrid, 
I m trying to fill Dropdownlist at runtime when its been click for add new record,
I used ItemDataBound event but problem is that, it's been called when i do edit and also with insert
i kind of want only when its been clicked  "add new record"
Any one know that how to check command = edit or insert  in Itemdatabound () event




protected void RadGridSpecialty_ItemDataBound1(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)

{

if (e.Item is GridEditableItem && (e.Item as GridEditableItem).IsInEditMode)

{

GridEditableItem editedItem = e.Item as GridEditableItem;

GridEditManager editMan = editedItem.EditManager;

GridDropDownColumnEditor editor = editMan.GetColumnEditor("ddlGridSepcialty") as GridDropDownColumnEditor;

//// My logic not related to Error

strSelect =

"select SpecialtyID, SpecialtyName from sl_Specialty where SpecialtyID NOT IN (1,3)";

 

DataSet dst = new DataSet();

SqlConnection con = new SqlConnection(System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["ConnectionString"]);

SqlCommand cnn = new SqlCommand(strSelect, con);

SqlDataAdapter adp = new SqlDataAdapter(cnn);

adp.Fill(dst);

editor.DataSource = dst.Tables[0];

editor.DataBind();

}

}

HHH
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Feb 2008
2 answers
205 views
I've currently got a RadWindow in a survey form, when they click on a link it opens up a new page containing a DataList of prizes they can choose to apply for.

In this DataList, there's a LinkButton that they can click to "select this prize," the LinkButton's CommandArgument is bound to the item number for the prize.
I'd like it if, when they click this LinkButton, it will grab that number, close the Radwindow, and automatically fill a textbox on the parent page with the item number (without posting the page back).

Now, I feel like I'm very, very close to completing this, but I just am not able to make the last hurdle.

And please, don't just point me to any of the examples or other threads or the KB, because I assure you, I've read every relevant one.

What I'm having an issue with right now is filling the textbox with the value.  I've tried all sorts of workarounds, and many different approaches, however since my knowledge of JavaScript isn't that great, I'm stuck.  Here is my code.

prize2.aspx (RadWindow)

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="prize2.aspx.vb" Inherits="prize2" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> 
<head runat="server"> 
    <title>AtHomeNet - Prizes</title> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <script type="text/javascript"> 
            //This code is used to provide a reference to the radwindow "wrapper" 
            function GetRadWindow() 
            { 
                var oWindow = null; 
                if (window.radWindow) oWindow = window.radWindow; 
                else if (window.frameElement.radWindow) oWindow = window.frameElement.radWindow; 
                return oWindow; 
            }        
                         
            function OK_Clicked() 
            { 
                var oWindow = GetRadWindow(); 
                 
                //Get current content of text area 
                var arg = new Object(); 
                arg.NameValue = document.getElementById("txtItemNumber").value;      
                oWindow.Close(arg);      
            } 
                </script> 
<form id="form1" runat="server"> 
<textarea  runat="server" id="txtItemNumber" visible="false" rows="1" cols="38"></textarea> 
<asp:DataList id='DataList1' BorderColor="black" CellPadding="0" Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="8pt" AlternatingItemStyle-BackColor="#FFFFFF" runat="server"> 
        <ItemStyle BackColor="White"> 
           </ItemStyle> 
          <ItemTemplate> 
           <td>  
        <asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" ImageUrl="http://www.bondware.com/mod/bcs/photos/Thumb11.gif" /> 
        </td> 
     <td> 
     <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> 
     <tr>  
    <td width="10">&nbsp;</td>    
     <td class="clsCaption" width="350"><b><%#Eval("PrizeTitle")%></b></td> 
      </tr> 
                                                                                                     
    <tr>  
   <td width="10">&nbsp;</td>    
   <td class="clsCaption" width="350"><%#Eval("PrizeDescription")%> 
   <br /><br /> 
 <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" OnClientClick='OK_Clicked' CommandName="SelectPrize" CommandArgument='<%#Eval("ItemNumber") %>' runat="server">Choose as prize</asp:LinkButton> 
   <br /> 
   <asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLink1" NavigateUrl="#" runat="server">Buy now!</asp:HyperLink> 
   <br /> 
       </td> 
    </tr> 
      </table> 
          </td>  
         </ItemTemplate>   
    </asp:DataList> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
 
prize2.aspx.vb
Imports System 
Imports System.Collections 
Imports System.ComponentModel 
Imports System.Data 
Imports System.Drawing 
Imports System.Web 
Imports System.Web.SessionState 
Imports System.Web.UI 
Imports System.Web.UI.WebControls 
Imports System.Web.UI.HtmlControls 
 
Partial Class prize2 
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page 
 
    Dim db As DatabaseHelper = New DatabaseHelper() 
 
    Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load 
        GetPrize() 
    End Sub 
 
    Sub GetPrize() 
        Dim dt As New Data.DataTable 
 
        dt = db.ExecuteDataTable("spp_GetPrize", CommandType.StoredProcedure) 
 
        DataList1.DataSource = dt 
        DataList1.DataBind() 
    End Sub 
    Protected Sub DataList1_ItemCommand(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataListCommandEventArgs) Handles DataList1.ItemCommand 
        If (e.CommandName = "SelectPrize") Then 
            Session("ItemNumber") = e.CommandArgument 
            txtItemNumber.Value = Session("ItemNumber") 
 
        End If 
    End Sub 
End Class 
 
SurveyEntry.aspx (Parent Page)
<script type="text/javascript"> 
                //Show the window 
                function ShowDialog() 
                {                    
                    //Force reload in order to guarantee that the onload event handler of the dialog which configures it executes on every show. 
                    var oWnd = window.radopen(null, "RadWindow1"); 
                    oWnd.SetUrl(oWnd.GetUrl()); 
                } 
                                                                                         
                function CallBackFunction(radWindow, returnValue) 
                { 
                    if (returnValue.NameValue) document.getElementById("ItemNumber").value = returnValue.NameValue; 
                } 
                 
                // Called when a window is being closed. 
                function OnClientClose(radWindow) 
                {                    
                    //Another option for passing a callback value 
                    //Set the radWindow.Argument property in the dialog 
                    //And read it here --> var oValue = radWindow.Argument;                                      
                    //Do cleanup if necessary 
                }    
                             
            </script> 
 
......................................... 
 
<asp:HyperLink NavigateUrl="#" CssClass="clsLink" id="Prizelink1" Runat="server" Text="one FREE prize from a selection of many"/> 
 
.......................................... 
 
<asp:HyperLink NavigateUrl="#" CssClass="clsLink" id="Prizelink2" Runat="server" Text="Click Here to see Prize List"/>  
                                                                                    </td> 
                                                                                    <td width="200"> 
                                                                                        <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> 
                                                                                            <tr> 
                                                                                                <td>&nbsp;</td> 
                                                                                            </tr> 
                                                                                         
                                                                                            <tr>   
                                                                                                <td width="10">&nbsp;</td> 
                                                                                                <td> 
                                                                                                  <Textarea ID="ItemNumber" cols="6" rows="1" runat="server" class="clsTextBox"></Textarea></td> 
                                                                                                     </tr> 
                                                                                             
                                                                                                    <tr> 
                                                                                                <td width="10">&nbsp;</td> 
                                                                                                <td class="clsValidation"><%--<asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="RequiredFieldValidator2" runat="server" ControlToValidate="ItemNumber" ForeColor="#B0010A" ErrorMessage="Enter an Item Number"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>--%> 
                                                                                                  </td> 
                      
                                                                                                <telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" VisibleOnPageLoad="false" onclientclose="OnClientClose" clientcallbackfunction="CallBackFunction" ReloadOnShow="true" runat="server"> 
                                                                                                <Windows> 
                                                                                          <telerik:RadWindow 
                                                                                                openerElementId = "<%# Prizelink1.ClientID %>" 
                                                                                                NavigateUrl="prize2.aspx" 
                                                                                                Runat="server" 
                                                                                                Width="650px"    
                                                                                                Skin="Office2007"      
                                                                                                Height="650px" 
                                                                                                Id="Radwindow1" > 
                                                                                         </telerik:RadWindow>  
                                                          
                                                                                         <telerik:RadWindow            
                                                                                                openerElementId = "<%# Prizelink2.ClientID %>"                     
                                                                                                NavigateUrl="prize2.aspx" 
                                                                                                Runat="server" 
                                                                                                Skin="Office2007" 
                                                                                                Width="650px"         
                                                                                                Height="650px" 
                                                                                                Id="Radwindow2" > 
                                                                                         </telerik:RadWindow>     
                                                                                             </Windows> 
                                                                                            </telerik:RadWindowManager> 

This is what I've come up with so far, after many days of banging my head against the wall, and reading everything here.
ANY help would be greatly appreciated.


Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Feb 2008
0 answers
160 views

It would be great if telerik could implement the following feature in radwindow:

When you have a postback in a radwindow, it's status bar displays a "loading panel"-like image. I realize this is used to signify that the content page is loading, a-la a browser status bar. However, if the content page contains ajaxified controls that raise ajaxrequests instead of postbacks, it would be great to be able to use the window's status bar image as the loading panel instead of adding one manually. Radwindows are often used as dialog screens. While it would be easy to implement a loading panel of some sort, I think using the status bar of the radwindow would be a much more clean and consistant solution. If I raise a postback in the content page, the rad window status bar goes into action. It would be great if it also did so during an ajax request. I realize doing something like this in a standard browser window would probably be impossible. However, since you have full control of what goes on in Rad Window, I would think it might be a relatively trivial matter. Does anyone else think this would be a nice feature?
Albert Shenker
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
 asked on 15 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?