Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
123 views
Hi there, I've been customizing the Calendar and would like the OnHover for Column Headers to be a different style than the Individual Day Hover is this possible or are they both using the same .css entries. I'm currently editing this entry.

.radCalHover_Custom

a,
.radCalWeekendHover_Custom a
{
styles...colors....etc..
}

Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
5 answers
186 views
Just installed the full featured RadEditor for moss and everything works but the image manager window comes up and nothing is showing.  I can mouse over things and it shows to be there but can't see it.  Any ideas?
George
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
1 answer
289 views
There are no height and width properties to change the size of the plot area of telerik rad chart? How can we change the size of the plot area?
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
1 answer
191 views
I am trying to use Colorpicker and Tooltip controls in sharepoint ewbparts.
  Nor sure which dlls to reference in my webpart to get those controls. When I try to download prometheus I am getting only 3 dlls
1, Telerik.Charting.dll
2. Telerik.Web.Design.dll
3. Telerik.Web.UI.dll

   Please help me in using these controls in sharepoint webpart as soon as possible . It is very urgent.


Thanks & Regards
Sri
Ubong
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
5 answers
179 views
I tried to test example what is in Radtreeview's help "Adding node which is in edit mode by default from context menu of Telerik RadTreeView" with radajaxmanager. It works with control for asp.net. But problem is when i used Prometheus ajax manager. It works fine when I add node on server side and node start edit on client side for existing nodes, but it doesn't work for just added node.
When it try find the last added node "FindNodeByValue(text)" the result is null.

Is there another way for set up edit mode (startedit) after add new node on server?
Or do you think that is correct way to do it, but problem is anywhere else?

Thanks
Vita
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
1 answer
137 views
If I want my marked zone to be restricted only to a chartseriesitem and not for entire radchart how to proceed? I dont want the zone for all bars on my rad chart but only for some bars. Generally only rad chart or chartseries has its own plotarea where we can find this marked zones property. What about a chartseriesitem's plot area? How can I restrict the marked zone to that particualr item?
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
5 answers
187 views
I'm interested in finding out the timeline for PanelBar inclusion in the Prometheus suite. Please advise.

- Cole
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
1 answer
175 views
Hi,

I have a client side loaded hierarchy grid, the first level looks fine but if I open that then the second level has the exp/collapse image missing.  I've looked at the html and img appears to have the right source (a WebResource that resolves to the correct icon).  However perhaps because its initially not visible its not resolving?? Who knows.  Anyway below is my .skin defenition for the grid and inner table views. I will try to 'hard code' the icon to resolve this.

Edit:
Changing the default images using (ExpandCollapseColumn-CollapseImageUrl, and ExpandCollapseColumn-ExpandImageUrl) has the same problem.

Thanks

Guido Tapia

<telerik:RadGrid runat="server" Skin="Office2007" AutoGenerateColumns="false" GridLines="Vertical" ItemStyle-Height="20px" AlternatingItemStyle-Height="20px"
GroupingEnabled="False" AllowAutomaticUpdates="False" AllowAutomaticDeletes="False" AllowAutomaticInserts="False" AllowMultiRowEdit="False"
AllowPaging="false" AllowSorting="false" Width="100%">
<ClientSettings AllowColumnHide="false" AllowColumnsReorder="false" AllowExpandCollapse="true" AllowGroupExpandCollapse="true" ReorderColumnsOnClient="true">
<Resizing AllowColumnResize="false" AllowRowResize="false" EnableRealTimeResize="true"/>
<Scrolling AllowScroll="true" SaveScrollPosition="true"/>
</ClientSettings>
<MasterTableView RetrieveAllDataFields="False" ShowHeadersWhenNoRecords="false" AllowMultiColumnSorting="False" AllowNaturalSort="False">
<NoRecordsTemplate><div style="color:#663366;padding:2px;padding-left:6px;"><i><b>No items found.</b></i></div></NoRecordsTemplate>
<PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric"/>
</MasterTableView>
</telerik:RadGrid>
<telerik:GridTableView runat="server" DataKeyNames="ID" HierarchyLoadMode="Client" HierarchyDefaultExpanded="false" AllowPaging="false" AdditionalDataFieldNames="ParentAssetID,ID"
HorizontalAlign="Right" Width="100%">
<SortExpressions>
<telerik:GridSortExpression FieldName="AssetName" SortOrder="Ascending"/>
</SortExpressions>
<ParentTableRelation>
<telerik:GridRelationFields DetailKeyField="ParentAssetID" MasterKeyField="ID" />
</ParentTableRelation>
</telerik:GridTableView>
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
3 answers
179 views
I'm using the custom grid, I need to a detail grid to it using Store Procedure, how can I do that using the

protected

void RadGrid1_NeedDataSource(object source, Telerik.Web.UI.GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs e)

{

this.RadGrid1.DataSource = ImagesLibraryDB.GetLibraries(localeId, prefLanguage, memberId, portalId);

this.tableViewOrders.DataSource = ImagesLibraryDB.GetImageForLibrary(portalId, memberId, Convert.ToInt32("LibraryID"].ToString()));

}


Also I'm using

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.EditFormSettings.UserControlName =

"~/BackOffice/ImagesLibrary/Libraries.ascx";

for edit or create a new item, how can I make the update botton invisible if I'm adding a new record.


private void DefineGridStructure()

{

 

RadGrid1.ID =

"RadGrid1";

RadGrid1.Width =

Unit.Percentage(98);

RadGrid1.AllowPaging =

true;

RadGrid1.AllowSorting =

true;

RadGrid1.PagerStyle.Mode =

GridPagerMode.NumericPages;

RadGrid1.AutoGenerateColumns =

false;

//RadGrid1.EnableAJAX = true;

RadGrid1.GridLines =

GridLines.None;

RadGrid1.ShowStatusBar =

true;

RadGrid1.AllowAutomaticDeletes =

true;

RadGrid1.AllowAutomaticInserts =

false;

RadGrid1.AllowAutomaticUpdates =

true;

 

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.DataKeyNames =

new string[] { "LibraryID" };

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.AutoGenerateColumns =

false;

RadGrid1.PageIndexChanged +=

new Telerik.Web.UI.GridPageChangedEventHandler(this.RadGrid1_PageIndexChanged);

RadGrid1.NeedDataSource +=

new Telerik.Web.UI.GridNeedDataSourceEventHandler(this.RadGrid1_NeedDataSource);

RadGrid1.ItemDataBound +=

new Telerik.Web.UI.GridItemEventHandler(this.RadGrid1_ItemDataBound);

RadGrid1.ItemCommand +=

new GridCommandEventHandler(RadGrid1_ItemCommand);

GridBoundColumn boundColumn;

boundColumn =

new GridBoundColumn();

boundColumn.DataField =

"Title";

boundColumn.HeaderText = title;

boundColumn.SortExpression =

"Title";

boundColumn.UniqueName =

"Title";

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundColumn);

boundColumn =

new GridBoundColumn();

boundColumn.DataField =

"Description";

boundColumn.HeaderText = description;

boundColumn.SortExpression =

"Description";

boundColumn.UniqueName =

"Description";

boundColumn.MaxLength = 500;

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundColumn);

boundColumn =

new GridBoundColumn();

boundColumn.DataField =

"CreatedDt";

boundColumn.HeaderText = createddt;

boundColumn.SortExpression =

"CreatedDt";

boundColumn.UniqueName =

"CreatedDt";

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundColumn);

boundColumn =

new GridBoundColumn();

boundColumn.DataField =

"UpdatedDt";

boundColumn.HeaderText = updateddt;

boundColumn.SortExpression =

"UpdatedDt";

boundColumn.UniqueName =

"UpdatedDt";

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundColumn);

GridButtonColumn buttoncolumn;

buttoncolumn =

new GridButtonColumn();

buttoncolumn.HeaderText = restore;

buttoncolumn.Text = restore;

buttoncolumn.ConfirmText = strconfirmdelete;

buttoncolumn.ButtonType =

GridButtonColumnType.ImageButton;

buttoncolumn.ImageUrl =

"~/Images/grid/refresh.gif";

buttoncolumn.CommandName =

"Restore";

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(buttoncolumn);

buttoncolumn =

new GridButtonColumn();

buttoncolumn.HeaderText = delete;

buttoncolumn.Text = delete;

buttoncolumn.ConfirmText = strconfirmdelete;

buttoncolumn.ButtonType =

GridButtonColumnType.ImageButton;

buttoncolumn.ImageUrl =

"~/Images/grid/delete.gif";

buttoncolumn.CommandName =

"Delete";

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(buttoncolumn);

tableViewOrders.DataKeyNames =

new string[] { "ImageID" };

GridRelationFields relationFields = new GridRelationFields();

relationFields.MasterKeyField =

"LibraryID";

relationFields.DetailKeyField =

"LibraryID";

tableViewOrders.ParentTableRelation.Add(relationFields);

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.DetailTables.Add(tableViewOrders);

string veditColumnName = "GroupID";

string vcArg = "";

int vcount = -1;

string vtype = "Image";

GridTemplateColumn veditColumn = new GridTemplateColumn();

veditColumn.ItemTemplate =

new editTemplate(veditColumnName, vcArg, vcount, vtype);

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(veditColumn);

boundColumn =

new GridBoundColumn();

boundColumn.DataField =

"Title";

boundColumn.HeaderText = title;

boundColumn.SortExpression =

"Title";

boundColumn.UniqueName =

"Title";

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundColumn);

boundColumn =

new GridBoundColumn();

boundColumn.DataField =

"Description";

boundColumn.HeaderText = description;

boundColumn.SortExpression =

"Description";

boundColumn.UniqueName =

"Description";

boundColumn.MaxLength = 500;

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundColumn);

boundColumn =

new GridBoundColumn();

boundColumn.DataField =

"CreatedDt";

boundColumn.HeaderText = createddt;

boundColumn.SortExpression =

"CreatedDt";

boundColumn.UniqueName =

"CreatedDt";

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundColumn);

boundColumn =

new GridBoundColumn();

boundColumn.DataField =

"UpdatedDt";

boundColumn.HeaderText = updateddt;

boundColumn.SortExpression =

"UpdatedDt";

boundColumn.UniqueName =

"UpdatedDt";

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundColumn);

//Add the RadGrid instance to the controls

this.PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(RadGrid1);

}

Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
1 answer
140 views
I've got a specific requirement to sort my dates a certain way...basically by year, then month, then day. It looks like this:

order by YEAR(DueOnDock) ASC, MONTH(DueOnDock) ASC, DAY(DueOnDock) ASC

Now there may be a better way to do that sort, but if so I don't know how.

So, while my initial sort looks like it should on the loading of the RadGrid, when I click on the column header to sort it breaks and sorts by just the leading month, as my data is in MM/DD/YYYY format.

And everything needs to be grouped by year, then sorted by day and month. Maybe it's just my SQL that's making this thing bug out.

Please advise if I'm doing it wrong or there is a workaround.

Thanks!
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?