Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
90 views
Is there any way to show the CommandItem above the GroupPanel?  It seems that the more logical place for the GroupPanel is directly above the column header since grouping in the grid is a similar functionality to sorting, but the CommandItem has functions and seems like it should be at the very top of the grid.  Is there any way to do it?
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
2 answers
69 views
As a test, I am trying to use an AjaxPanel to encompass the content of my page.  I have used comments <%-- ... --%> on the page for documentation.  Because these comments are within the panel, I get the runtime error:

The Controls collection cannot be modified because the control contains code blocks (i.e. <% ... %>).


How do I work around this problem? I'm sure there must be a way to use documentation within an AjaxPanel!
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
3 answers
120 views
I am running the editor component within an ascx control. With the toolbars set to show all the time this works fine. However, when I set the toolbar mode to be ShowOnFocus an error is cast if the control is reloaded.

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.InvalidOperationException: Two components with the same id 'FOL_CommentEditor_toolbarMode' can't be added to the application.

Workarounds or fixes appreciated!
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
9 answers
269 views
hi

I need to add the radrotator as a web part on the front page of a site in sharepoint - it is a publishing site under moss.

I followed the whitepaper for the menu but it skips off and is different from rad rotator.

is there a simple msi or other option that will create the wsp and install the web part easiliy as im getting lost!

thanks
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
1 answer
167 views
Hi.
I just deployed radeditor to MOSS. Simple 1 server setup.

I _think_ all went normal (no error messages) but after adding web part i cant see anything in editor box. No toolbars (buttons). Also textbox does not get focus (does not go active).
In Site edit mode (adding webparts ) i can activate edit box and i can see edit buttons(toolbar) if i click modify Shared Webpart.
But after i click Exit Edit Mode... blank webpart..

Tried sevaral time iisreset. no help.
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
1 answer
123 views
Hi there I'm trying to create a custom skin with the Calendar for DatePicker and TimePicker. However the .css file that I got from the latest download appears to be incomplete. For instance if I use Calendar.Outlook.CSS as a custom skin most of the style settings disappear. Images, widths, etc.. How can I get a more up to date .CSS file for the Outlook skin. Thanks.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
3 answers
189 views
Can someone let me know if this is possible and how I would do it.

In my grid, I have a column that I want to show a combobox for on Insert so that the user can select on item, but I don't want them to be able to change that value if they edit the row. I have InLine editing turned on.

Is there something I can put in the edit template to display a label if it's in Edit mode, but a ComboBox if it's in Insert mode?

Thanks.
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
1 answer
141 views
I've successfully managed to force the entire page to reload using the OnClientClose, but I'm having issues making just the RadGrid Prom refresh.

Here is my current code:

    <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManagerDefault" runat="server" EnableAJAX="true"> 
        <AjaxSettings> 
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadAjaxManagerDefault"> 
                <UpdatedControls> 
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadGrid1" /> 
                </UpdatedControls> 
            </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
        </AjaxSettings> 
    </telerik:RadAjaxManager> 
    <telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server" Width="800px" Height="600px" 
        Modal="true"> 
        <Windows> 
            <telerik:RadWindow runat="server" ID="UserSelectDialog" OnClientClose="OnClientClose"  ReloadOnShow="true" /> 
        </Windows> 
    </telerik:RadWindowManager> 

      function OnClientClose(sender,args)   
    {   
        //window.location.reload();//- will reload the page (equal to pressing F5)   
        //windowwindow.location.href = window.location.href;// - will refresh the page by reloading the URL   
        window["<%= RadAjaxManagerDefault.ClientID %>"].AjaxRequest('RefreshGrid');  
 
    }   

    Protected Sub RadAjaxManagerDefault_AjaxRequest(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.AjaxRequestEventArgs) Handles RadAjaxManagerDefault.AjaxRequest 
        If e.Argument = "RefreshGrid" Then 
            RadGrid1.Rebind() ' Never gets here! 
        End If 
    End Sub 

Any ideas?


Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
1 answer
148 views
hi.
I have some problems with prometheus version.
in previous version of rad controls I make a skin files for my controls and then set the skinpath property of control and then in c# code I set skin property dynamically.
in new version skinpath property has been deleted, when I want to set skin name , I must add css style sheet file path to head but in previous controls add this address dynamically to page. it seems this be a big problems.
 in my application skins are dynamically changed such as a portal systems and I don't want to add for example 10 stylesheet address in code, I want controls add this lines automatically to code
is there have any idea?
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
1 answer
103 views
Hello,

Using recent version xxx.1425,35 I found that things have been corrected concerning export, but I am still unable to avoid exporting of child tables when i export to excel.
Here is part of my server code when the export button is clicked
                foreach (GridDataItem item in RadGrid1.Items)
                {
                    if (item.HasChildItems && CBNoExportProductLines.Checked)
                    {
                        GridNestedViewItem nestedViewItem = item.ChildItem;
                        foreach (GridDataItem childItem in nestedViewItem.NestedTableViews[0].Items)
                        {
                            childItem.Display = false;
                        }
                    }
                }

but it has no effect because a new automatic rebind for the detail grid is triggered just after this and all items get display=true.
Is there any global way to say that I don't need to export these details ?

Thanks for help.
CS
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?