Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
218 views
I've got a datepicker inside a templatecolumn of a RadGrid. I'm specifically trying to use it in the edittemplatecolumn and I can't seem to get the value back from the data that is input.

 If (TypeOf e.Item Is GridEditableItem) AndAlso (e.Item.IsInEditMode) Then 
            Dim edititem As GridEditableItem = CType(e.Item, GridEditableItem) 
 
            Dim datepicker As RadDatePicker = CType(edititem("SpiralChngDelDate").FindControl("Picker1"), RadDatePicker) 
            Dim newdate As Object = datepicker.DbSelectedDate 
 
            SDS_Report.UpdateParameters.Add("SpiralChngDelDate", TypeCode.DateTime, "") 
 
            SDS_Report.UpdateParameters("SpiralChngDelDate").DefaultValue = newdate 
 
 
            SDS_Report.Update() 

I always get back a value of nothing and cannot figure out why.

Thanks.
Missing User
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
1 answer
124 views
Hi
        When i have drag - drop the chart on my  .aspx page 

     "Error Creating Control - cboExamTypesCould not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2007.3.1314.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

    this error are shown there, please give your repply.......
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
1 answer
241 views
I was wondering if it was possible to do a quick calculation between 2 columns of a RadGrid and then store the result for that row in a 3rd column as a percentage?

Any samples or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
4 answers
250 views
I am using the existing example of the RadTreeView in a RadComboBox, but I am trying to do LoadOnDemand.  However, I cannot find the RadTreeView control in the RadComboBox items collection.

   Private Sub LoadRootNodes()  
        Dim rtvClient As RadTreeView = Nothing 
        For Each myItem As RadComboBoxItem In RadComboBox1.Items  
            rtvClient = DirectCast(myItem.FindControl("rtvClient"), RadTreeView)  
            rtvClient.Nodes.Clear()  
            Exit For  
        Next  
          
        Dim ta As New dsHospiScriptTableAdapters.spDBList_GetHierarchy_ClientTableAdapter  
        Dim dt As New dsHospiScript.spDBList_GetHierarchy_ClientDataTable  
        ta.Fill(dt, Nothing, -1, Session.Item("HSUserID"))  
 
        Dim row As DataRow  
        For Each row In dt.Rows  
            Dim node As New RadTreeNode()  
            node.Text = CStr(row("MemberName"))  
            node.Value = CStr(row("MemberId"))  
            Session("Client") = row("MemberId")  
            node.Category = "Some Category" 
            node.ExpandMode = TreeNodeExpandMode.ServerSideCallBack  
            rtvClient.Nodes.Add(node)  
        Next row  
 
        dt = Nothing 
        ta = Nothing 
 
    End Sub 'LoadRootNodes 

Any ideas?

Terry Webster
Chief Technology Architect
Highmark Technology
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
6 answers
303 views
Hi,

I am looking for a code sample that would help me with this scenario:

I have a grid that shows a list of help desk tickets. I would like to show a tooltip with the ticket description on a mouse over the grid row. I don't want a callback to happen, but would like to load the tooptip contents on client side using a hidden column of the grid. Is it possible? If so, could you post a code example?

Thanks,
Julia
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
8 answers
292 views
When I a tooltip is first shown on my page, it is appearing in the wrong spot.(to the left of where it should) However after moving off of the element and back on, it then works correctly. I'm positioning to middleleft of elements. It appears to happen if the text needs to be written on "more than one line" as it would run off the page to the right. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

I'm using a pre-service pack build (706) right now so perhaps this is a new error?
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
1 answer
98 views
   Hello,

we have a moss 2007 server farm a we woul like to use RadEditor for SharePoint on some of them.But the configurations of them will be different for each site. Can we configure them separately somehow? The only way we've found (but did not tried, because we don't like it) is to create a copy of _wpresources virtual directory which is connected to each site web and where the config files for rad editor are.

In case of reply,
   thanks a lot.

Best regards,
   Miroslav Frank
George
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
3 answers
180 views
I have a calendar, repeater and scheduler. The repeater has checkboxes. When I click on, the scheduler updates accordingly, but the calendar and the scheduler become 'locked' at that point. I cannot click on a date on the calendar and have it move to that day. Here is some code. I think it is in the AjaxManager but I cannot figure out what I need to change.

Thanks!
Susan

<asp:repeater id="rClientTable" runat="server">

<itemtemplate>

<tr>

<td class="normal" style="border-bottom:solid 1 black">

<asp:CheckBox id="chkClient" OnCheckedChanged="ClientCheckBox_Changed" AutoPostBack="true" Runat="server" Text='<%# Container.dataitem("BusinessName") %>' />

</td>

</tr>

</itemtemplate>

</asp:repeater> 

<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" OnAjaxSettingCreating="RadAjaxManager1_AjaxSettingCreating">

<AjaxSettings>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadScheduler1">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadScheduler1"/>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadCalendar1" />

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="pnlScheduler" />

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="pnlAppointmentForm" />

</UpdatedControls>

</telerik:AjaxSetting>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadCalendar1">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadScheduler1"/>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadCalendar1" />

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="pnlScheduler" />

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="pnlAppointmentForm" />

</UpdatedControls>

</telerik:AjaxSetting>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="rClientTable">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="chkClient"/>

</UpdatedControls>

</telerik:AjaxSetting>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadAjaxManager1">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="DisplayMessage" />

</UpdatedControls>

</telerik:AjaxSetting>

</AjaxSettings>

</telerik:RadAjaxManager>

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
1 answer
248 views

Requested URL http://localhost:80/Instructor/ChartImage.axd?UseSession=true&ChartID=6c594c65-844a-4300-b2bb-a458e769c6b3_chart_ctl04$RadChart1&imageFormat=Png&random=0.8831890471667
Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Instructor\ChartImage.axd


I let the wizard add the http: handler to my web.config as:

<

add path="ChartImage.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2007.3.1314.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"

validate="false" />

here is the Source:

<%

@ Control Language="C#" %>

<%

@ Register assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" tagprefix="telerik" %>

<%

@ Register assembly="Telerik.Charting, Version=1.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d14f3dcc8e3e8763" namespace="Telerik.Charting" tagprefix="telerik" %>

 

<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource2" runat="server"

ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:edwaydbConnectionString %>"

SelectCommand="Instructor_List_Courses" SelectCommandType="StoredProcedure">

<SelectParameters>

<asp:SessionParameter Name="InstructorID" SessionField="MM_StudentID"

Type="Int32" />

</SelectParameters>

</

asp:SqlDataSource>

<asp:DropDownList ID="ddlCourseID" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True"

DataSourceID="SqlDataSource2" DataTextField="CourseID"

DataValueField="CourseID">

</

asp:DropDownList>

<

script runat="server">

</

script>

 

<

asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server"

ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:edwaydbConnectionString %>"

SelectCommand="studentstatus_one_course" SelectCommandType="StoredProcedure">

<SelectParameters>

<asp:FormParameter FormField="ddlCourseID" Name="CID" Type="String" />

</SelectParameters>

</

asp:SqlDataSource>

 

<

telerik:RadChart ID="RadChart1" runat="server" DataGroupColumn="(None)"

DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" SeriesOrientation="Horizontal" Skin="Gradient">

<legend>

<appearance border-color="64, 64, 64" corners="Round, Round, Round, Round, 3"

dimensions-margins="18%, 1%, 1px, 1px">

<fillstyle maincolor="177, 183, 144">

</fillstyle>

</appearance>

</legend>

<plotarea seriesorientation="Horizontal">

<xaxis>

<appearance majortick-color="Black">

<majorgridlines color="DimGray" visible="False" />

<textappearance textproperties-color="Black">

</textappearance>

</appearance>

<axislabel>

<appearance rotationangle="270">

</appearance>

<textblock>

<appearance textproperties-font="Verdana, 9.75pt, style=Bold">

</appearance>

</textblock>

</axislabel>

</xaxis>

<yaxis visible="False">

<appearance minortick-visible="False">

<majorgridlines color="Black" />

<minorgridlines visible="False" />

</appearance>

<axislabel>

<appearance rotationangle="0">

</appearance>

<textblock>

<appearance textproperties-font="Verdana, 9.75pt, style=Bold">

</appearance>

</textblock>

</axislabel>

</yaxis>

<yaxis2>

<axislabel>

<appearance rotationangle="0">

</appearance>

<textblock>

<appearance textproperties-font="Verdana, 9.75pt, style=Bold">

</appearance>

</textblock>

</axislabel>

</yaxis2>

<appearance border-color="94, 94, 93" corners="Round, Round, Round, Round, 6"

dimensions-margins="18%, 22%, 12%, 10%">

<fillstyle maincolor="65, 201, 254" secondcolor="0, 107, 186">

</fillstyle>

</appearance>

</plotarea>

<Series>

<

telerik:ChartSeries Name="StudentID" DataYColumn="StudentID">

<appearance border-color="Black">

<fillstyle maincolor="199, 243, 178" secondcolor="17, 147, 7">

</fillstyle>

<textappearance textproperties-color="Black">

</textappearance>

</appearance>

</telerik:ChartSeries>

<

telerik:ChartSeries Name="totallectures" DataYColumn="totallectures">

<appearance border-color="Black">

<fillstyle maincolor="253, 226, 0" secondcolor="255, 156, 0">

</fillstyle>

<textappearance textproperties-color="Black">

</textappearance>

</appearance>

</telerik:ChartSeries>

<telerik:ChartSeries DataYColumn="countcomplete" Name="countcomplete">

<appearance border-color="Black">

<fillstyle maincolor="255, 128, 128" secondcolor="192, 0, 0">

</fillstyle>

<textappearance textproperties-color="Black">

</textappearance>

</appearance>

</telerik:ChartSeries>

<telerik:ChartSeries DataYColumn="percentcomplete" Name="percentcomplete">

<appearance border-color="Black">

<fillstyle maincolor="128, 128, 255" secondcolor="0, 0, 192">

</fillstyle>

<textappearance textproperties-color="Black">

</textappearance>

</appearance>

</telerik:ChartSeries>

</

Series>

<appearance border-color="117, 117, 117">

<fillstyle filltype="Gradient" maincolor="244, 244, 234"

secondcolor="167, 172, 137">

</fillstyle>

</appearance>

<charttitle>

<appearance border-color="64, 64, 64" corners="Round, Round, Round, Round, 3"

dimensions-margins="4%, 10px, 14px, 0%" position-alignedposition="Top">

<fillstyle maincolor="177, 183, 144">

</fillstyle>

</appearance>

<textblock>

<appearance textproperties-color="White"

textproperties-font="Verdana, 14.25pt, style=Bold">

</appearance>

</textblock>

</charttitle>

</

telerik:RadChart>

 

 

 

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
2 answers
87 views

I'm testing the treeview control (lastest release 2007_3_1425) with Safari 3.0.04 on Windows.

Here is my tag:

<telerik:RadTreeView ID="RadTreeView1" runat="server" Height="300px" Width="300px" CheckBoxes="true" OnNodeExpand="RadTreeView1_NodeExpand" OnClientNodeExpanding="OnClientNodeExpanding" OnClientNodeChecking="BeforeCheck" OnClientNodeChecked="AfterCheck" OnClientNodePopulated="NodesPopulated" />

The nodes are populated server side with an expand mode of ServerSide callback.

What I've found that is IF I have the client side event handlers specified (e.g. OnClientNodeExpanding, OnClientNodeChecking, etc.) the treeview will NOT load on demand--when I click on the expand (+) icon nothing happens.  So what I've had to do as a temporary workaround is on the server side if I detect Safari I blank out my client-side event handlers.  However, this means that my code to check/uncheck doesn't work or fire.

Please confirm.
Regards,
Gerry

gerry
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?