Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
176 views
Hello
i am experiencing the problem with tooltip over flash.The problem is that tooltip is shown behind the flash and therefore is usefull.

To see an example please use : http://212.179.31.40/

You will see 2 black bold links near the play button on top , one of which uses tooltip.The right one shows tooltip.

Also please pay attention on scroll when the tooltip is active.

Best regards
Yulian
Gerard Brandon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Apr 2008
1 answer
164 views

Hello.

I have a DateTimePicker control with set MinDate to "DateTime.Now". When a user selects a date, the calendar sets the time to 00:00, by default.

Problem is: when a user selects today's date it will be invalid. So, I'd like to intercept this somehow and set the date to MinDate instead. The same thing is with the time picker - if user selects a time that is bellow minimum, I'd rather reset it to minimum value then getting the invalid red border.

Here's a code I've tried, I guess I'm doing something wrong:

<script language="javascript">  
    function In_DateSelected(sender, e)  
    {  
        var calendarIn = $find("<%= dateTimeIn.ClientID %>");  
        var newDate = e.get_newDate();  
 
        if(newDate == null)  
        {  
            newDate = calendarIn.get_minDate();                                   
            calendarIn.set_selectedDate(newDate);  
        }  
    }  
</script> 
<telerik:RadDateTimePicker ID="dateTimeIn" runat="server" Width="220px" EnableTyping="false" ClientEvents-OnDateSelected="In_DateSelected" /> 

Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Apr 2008
6 answers
380 views
I have a div that has a certain width (may vary). I'm trying to put a (vertical) menu in this div. All the items in the first level (the ones that are visible by default) should stretch to 100% of the container (in this case a div).

Setting the width for the RadMenu to 100% makes the menu stretch, but the items are not following along (they remain the same width as before, I'm guessing the width set by the item's text content).

If I add RadMenu_Default .rmVertical .rmItem { width:100%; ... }it works in IE, but in FF it grows maybe 3 times as much as it should. If I use a fixed with, let's say 200px, it works in both, but that's not going to be useful for me because the containing div (the width) may change and I need it to stretch.

Thanks.

P.S. I'm using a custom skin so changing the css would be OK, but I need to know what to change.
Peter Zolja
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Apr 2008
6 answers
367 views
Hi

Is there any way to set the cursor position from javascript? ie, when a button is clicked move the cursor from position 10 to position 20?

I've tried using the standard text input selection range, however without success.

Thanks
David
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Apr 2008
4 answers
344 views
I would like my sliding panes to auto-dock when opened.  I have the code below fire when the pane opens, but the still the pane is not docked after the code executes:

function OnClientExpandedHandler(sender, args)
{
var splitter = $find("RadSplitter1");
var pane = splitter.GetPaneById("RadPane1");

var slidingZone = $find("SlidingZone1");
var paneID = slidingZone.GetPaneById("RadSlidingPane1");
slidingZone.DockPane(paneID);
// dock the pane
alert('but yet it is not docked');

Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Apr 2008
1 answer
443 views
Hi!

I tried to search for proper suggestion forum, but figured out this is the best place for the topic.

I'm waiting to the control vendors to come up with proper Workflow Designer for Windows Workflow Foundation (.NET 3.0 and above).

Now that you have good lineup with next generation ASP.NET control toolkit I'd really like to see the following implemented (and I'm sure all the people out there working with workflows would as well):

1. Support for running sequential and state machine workflows as ASP.NET applications with little code directly. The workflows initially include the application logic and basically could be in generic way wrapped within a controlset that would provide the input/output connectivity.

There are already general .NET community examples available for workflows as-is as ASP.NET applications with page transitions described as state changes in state-machine workflow.


2. Workflow designer customization. For either Windows Forms or even for ASP.NET (would be superb).

The existing Visual Studio used Workflow designer is good start, however customizing its looks and behaviour could use some general best-practices control vendor touch.


I'm sure these will be added to some component vendors products within reasonable time, but I'd be darn glad to see them in yours.

Br,

Kalle Launiala
Ivo
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Apr 2008
12 answers
550 views
Hi,

Can you give a simple code sample using the showEvent="FromCode" property?  I didn't find any documentation on using showEvent with this option and  I don't see any method called show().

In my app, when some data changes, I want to show a tooltip informing the user of the change (kind of like a new mail alert from outlook).  So I need to programatically show the tooltip as opposed to the user focusing on a control.

Thanks,
Lina
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Apr 2008
3 answers
218 views
Error: $get(this.get_id() + "SpellChecked") has no properties

Getting that error when the spell check is complete.

I pretty much verbatim copied the multi-spell check demo, except my fields have different names and I have 2 fields instead of 3.
I have no idea why I would be getting this error.

If I use the buttons from the spell checker it works fine. Any help would be appreciated.

I cut the code to the appropriate lines because the file is pretty big.

<textarea id="situation1" style="width: 100%;" class="textInput" rows="4"></textarea> 
<telerik:RadSpell ID="rsSpellCheck_situation" ButtonType="LinkButton" runat="server" ControlToCheck="situation1" IsClientID="False" FragmentIgnoreOptions="All" SpellCheckProvider="PhoneticProvider" SupportedLanguages="en-US,English" WordIgnoreOptions="None" DictionaryPath="~/App_Data/RadSpell" /> 
 
            <script type="text/javascript"> 
            /*<![CDATA[*/
            function MultipleTextSource(sources)
            {
                this.sources = sources;
                
                this.get_text = function()
                {
                    var texts = [];
                    for (var i = 0; i < this.sources.length; i++)
                    {
                        texts[texts.length] = this.sources[i].get_text();
                    }
                    return texts.join("<controlSeparator><br/></controlSeparator>");
                }
                
                this.set_text = function(text)
                {
                    var texts = text.split("<controlSeparator><br/></controlSeparator>");
                    for (var i = 0; i < this.sources.length; i++)
                    {
                        this.sources[i].set_text(texts[i]);
                    }
                }
            }
            function startSpell()
            {
                var sources =
                    [
                    new Telerik.Web.UI.Spell.HtmlElementTextSource($get('situation1')),
                    new Telerik.Web.UI.Spell.HtmlElementTextSource($get('newNote1'))
                    ];

                var spell = GetRadSpell('<%= rsSpellCheck_situation.ClientID %>');
                spell.set_textSource(new MultipleTextSource(sources));
                spell.startSpellCheck();
            }
            /*]]>*/ 
            </script>
<input id="btnSpellCheck" type="image" src="~/Images/Buttons/spellCheck.gif" onclick="startSpell();" causesvalidation="false" runat="server" /> 

 

Nate Pinchot
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Apr 2008
6 answers
230 views
Hi guys, I have the following issue when working with RadNumericTextbox.

I have a repeater control in my page which loads many radnumerictextboxes at runtime. These radnumerictextboxes are created based on a skin that I have defined previously.
Once I have loaded the page, the whole set of radnumerictextbox controls appears without format (for a while) and after a couple of seconds they are showed correctly.

Do you have any idea what's going on here ?

Thanks,

François.

plamen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Apr 2008
1 answer
168 views
Hi,
we have a requirement to have the following language dictionaries in our product with RAD spell.
Can you please provide details if the following are available or not?

Chinese (Simplified)

Chinese (Traditional)

English (U.K.)

English (U.S.)

French (Canada)

French (France)

German

Italian

Japanese

Portuguese (Brazil)

Spanish


Also, I was unable to find the elist of languages that RAD spell has dictionaries for. Can you please provide this list?

Regards,
Manu.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?