Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
117 views
I have a page that loops out RadComboBoxes on a page. There is sometimes up to 20 comboboxes and many other RadControls on the page such as textbox,datetextbox, numerictextbox. And one RadGrid to.

When I change the RadComboBox to a asp.net dropdownlist the performance seems to be much better.

Is there a problem with many radcontrols on one page. If I use Fiddler the pagedownload is very quick but then it waits a couple of seconds and then render the page again.

Everything exept the grid is loopt out in a Panel which is Ajaxified and updates itselfs.

Please help us.
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2008
3 answers
135 views
Hi,

If I select a grid item, submit the page and then click "Back" in my browser, the grid item appears selected, yet I am still able to select other items.  It appears selected, but it isn't treated as though selected.

You can reproduce the behavior on this page in IE7:

http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Grid/Examples/Client/Selecting/DefaultCS.aspx

(1) Deselect "Allow multi-row selection" and click Postback.
(2) Select an item from the 2nd grid on the page and click Postback.
(3) Click the Browser "Back" button.

The grid item remains checked, but if I click on a different grid item, both the new and original items are both checked (but only the row of the new is highlighted).  Upon resubmission only the new item is selected.

Is there a way to have the grid appear as normal if the user clicks the Back button in their browser?

Thanks,
Jotham
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2008
1 answer
114 views
I just received a request from a client about the format of multi-day events in month view. If there are no other events in this time period, the multi-day event shows the event on the same row each day. However, if there is another event during one of these days, the multi-day event is shown on seperate rows. 

The top row shows current behavior, while the bottom shows the desired behavior (even if there are other events):
https://gdsit.gdsassociates.com/effmeapps/example.jpg

This would also be similar to how multi-day events are displayed in Microsoft Outlook. 
https://gdsit.gdsassociates.com/effmeapps/outlook.jpg





Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2008
3 answers
180 views

Protected Sub CustomValidator1_ServerValidate(ByVal [source] As Object, ByVal args As System.Web.UI.WebControls.ServerValidateEventArgs)

Dim myGrid As RadGrid = CType(source, CustomValidator).Parent.Parent

To get the reference to the radgrid from the Edit Form the above reference in Prometheus now gets Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableRow and not the RadGrid reference.

What is the correct syntax to get to the RadGrid to handle CustomValidators to find multiple controls within Prometheus?

Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2008
2 answers
149 views
Hello Dear Telerik team,

At what time is expected the real 2008 thing ?
I have to plane my own migration.
Thanks for Help.

CS
CSurieux
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 11 Apr 2008
1 answer
86 views
I have a fairly normal grid that I'm running with an OnItemCreated sub. The sub does some really basic things like assign shared calendars to the date pickers and add a "Select an Item" to the combo boxes.

The other thing I have it do is to check one of the fields in each record for a particular value. If that value is not in the table that feeds a combo, it adds it manually to the combo. This works great when editing existing records because I already have an Index for the grid item, however, when adding a new record, my routine errors because the Index hasn't been created yet. I need the Index to perform a query and check for a value.

So what I really need is a way to determine whether or not the index exists when someone clicks on Add a Record. If it doesn't exist, I will just bypass my routine.

Can you help me figure out a way to determine if the item index exists?

This is the line of code that errors:

Dim task_id As String = item.OwnerTableView.DataKeyValues(item.ItemIndex)("task_id").ToString()


Thanks.
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2008
2 answers
537 views
In order to get familiar in a fast and pretty straight-forward manner with our ajax control, I suggest you visit the online resources linked below:

Online examples

Online documentation

Code library

Of course, you can browse the public forum as well in order to find a specific information/code sample concerning an aspect of the ajax object model/ features. There are numerous threads which can get you started/assist you through the development process.

Finally, we will appreciate your feedback on the structure/content of the online resources - our goal is to continue enriching them, thus facilitating our customers even more.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2008
1 answer
99 views
Hello,

I have enabled client side column reordering . it works nicely for master table but not working for detail tables, I have noticed the same issue in your example.

http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Grid/Examples/Hierarchy/ThreeLevel/DefaultCS.aspx
 
How do i switch on column reordering for detail tables ?

Thanks in advance

Nadeetha
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2008
13 answers
334 views
In the ASP.NET version of the editor I used:

ConvertTagsToLower="true"
ConvertFontToSpan="true"

I can't find these is this version.  There was an example of using converttoxhtml="true", but that doesn't appear to be supported being that is doesn't lowercase the tags...etc...and I don't see the property available in code.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2008
1 answer
111 views
I was trying do testdrive a project based on the example found here:

http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Controls/Examples/Integration/GridAndWindow/DefaultCS.aspx

However I run into a problem that is also not working on your demo. If you click o page 2 in the demo grid you'll notice that the window open button stops working as expected. The reason seems that the clientside $find method cannot find the grid instance after the postback has occured.

The same happend to me when trying to get a clientside reference to the window object.

Is there a solution for this?
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?