Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
73 views
I want to call a WCF service when a user clicks on a specific cell in the RadGrid. This cell is an image that acts like a checkbox. When the image is clicked the image is changed (checked vs. unchecked) and a WCF service is called passing in the user and primary key of that record. I will prefer this to be done asyhcronously with no postback. Is there any suggestions or documentation on how to do this? Thanks.
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Apr 2008
0 answers
91 views
I have a RadTreeView inside a RadAjaxLoadingPanel, It is not populating.. please help me...
The treeview has no nodes if it inside the LoadingPanel
Syed
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 14 Apr 2008
2 answers
75 views
Hi ,
Previously i am using only radtree & built in context menu with it
but the problem is when i am right click on the one of the node in the radtree down on the page.It can not detect the boundries of the page & menu get hidden.Also there is a context xml file which will have the menu settings.
To have an idea the structure of the xml is like :

<

ContextMenus>
<
Menu Name="b" Width="150">
<
Item Text="Add new branch" Image="../icons/folder_add.gif"/>
<
Item Text="Add new leaf" Image="../icons/folder_explore.gif"/>
<
Item Text="Properties" Image="../icons/page_white_gear.gif"/>
<
Item Text="Cancel" Image="cancel.gif" />
</
Menu>
<
Menu Name="fb" Width="150">
<
Item Text="Add new branch" Image="../icons/folder_add.gif"/>
<
Item Text="Add new folder" Image="../icons/folder_explore.gif"/>
<
Item Text="Properties" Image="../icons/page_white_gear.gif"/>
<
Item Text="Cancel" Image="cancel.gif" />
</
Menu>
<
/ContextMenus>
To Overcome this problem :
I want to build a RadTree with a RadMenu using a Web application. Can you please point me to some code samples/sample application?

Sumukh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Apr 2008
39 answers
1.6K+ views
Thank you for choosing telerik r.a.d.editor for SharePoint 2007 (MOSS).

r.a.d.editor MOSS is intended to be a cross-browser alternative to the default rich-text editor in MOSS and WSS v3. The product is developed in an agreement between telerik and Microsoft and is provided free of charged to registered clients of SharePoint 2007.

Important details:
  • r.a.d.editor for MOSS is provided as is and is not designed to be customizable. There are, however, certain possibilities for minor customization, which are discussed in the How-to section of the "Deployment and configuration manual".
  • r.a.d.editor for MOSS is a modified version of the telerik r.a.d.editor for ASP.NET. As a result, there are numerous functional differences, which are discussed in a separate document - Feature Comparison.
  • When r.a.d.editor for MOSS is used for as a rich-text field control in SharePoint forms, it will be displayed only on non-Internet Explorer browsers (see also "Browser support and limitations").  The default Microsoft rich-text editor will be displayed on Internet Explorer.
 
Support resources:
  • r.a.d.editor for MOSS is supported through this public forum
Sincerely yours,
the telerik team
zzz
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Apr 2008
2 answers
175 views
What should I add to the ToolsFile.xml to make the Insert E-mail link button show up on the Toolbar? At the moment, I've added in the LinkManager, but it only shows up as the normal Hyperlink Manager button.

When I click it though, it still has the tabs to make the link into an E-mail link. I just wanted to know if there was a way to make the button default to the E-mail tab because I'd seen it in the Toolbars demo. i.e. the Hyperlink manager appearing as 3 separate buttons on the toolbar.

Thanks.
zzz
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Apr 2008
5 answers
317 views
Hello!
I am currently trying the new ToolTip control. This is a highly appreciated control for me (I even thought about writing my own asp.net control instead of using my js library until I read that there will be one in the realeased version of yesterday) and it looks promising so far.

However, the tooltip is not always shown on top of all other elements on the page.
For example my current setup:
Page with a Splitter (thus a table) and inside a pane a TreeView where the tooltips are bound to each TreeItem (Template with an image where the the clientId is bound to .

Works great so far, but because the pane is not large enough for the tooltip, it is cropped.

Is there any way to bring the tooltip on top of all elements on a page.
I assume this would be a big help for all of us using the ToolTip controls in more complex page setups (e.g. Splitter, WebParts as well as RadDocking, etc.), because the user (and the customer!) expects a 'full' ToolTip shown.

Thanks
Rainer

PS: As far as I can see right now, the new approach in Prometheus (e.g. names of client-side properties and methods, hooking up what will come from MS in their client model, the new and consistant skinning approach  and the one-DLL [I know lots of pros and cons]...) is very good and a modern approach. Congratualtions so far!

brian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Apr 2008
1 answer
154 views
I want to see the appointment times of the calendar in a short height. So I have used the following CSS to adjust the height of the appointments.

.RadScheduler_Outlook .rsDayView td.rsCell 
{
height: 15px ;
}

But when i did this I could see the heights of the appointment as decreased but the height between the times on the right side is same which makes it inconsistent. Is there anything else I have to do to make the appointments and time gap with same height?

Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Apr 2008
3 answers
132 views
I have a simple layout for my editor that has 3 toolbars, each on their own line. Now when the editor first loads, i notice the first and second toolbar both try to load on the first line, then once the javascript loads it makes them all wrap to their correct lines. In classic RadEditor I was able to tell each toolbar which line to be on, is there a way to do this with prometheus? I have them setup specifically to fit in the amount of space provided and I want them to load correctly first. Any suggestions?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Apr 2008
4 answers
124 views
Hi,

It seems that resizing of Docks will be available in the future.  Can you give me a realistic timeframe for when this will happen?

Telerik ASP.NET controls are designed to work with Dotnetnuke.  Any plans for the Prometheus controls to be integrated as well?  If yes, when will this be available?

Thanks,
Lina


ZacharyD
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Apr 2008
4 answers
203 views
I'm trying to build a page that uses dynamically-created Docks.  I've set up my RadDockLayout and RadDockZone as described in the examples.

I'm creating a new Dock and adding it to the DockZone in a button event function, and that seems to be working.

I'm repopulating the DockLayout from a List<DockState> in Page_Init(), and that seems to be working.  My dynamic Docks are surviving post-backs with contents intact.

What I can't figure out is where to load Docks from the database.

I have a RadTreeView on the same page, and what is supposed to be happening is that for whichever node in the tree is selected, that node's set of Docks are displayed in the DockZone.  Which means I need to clear the Docks that were added in Page_Load, empty the List<DockState> (I think, it may be that it'd be overwritten the next time OnSaveDockLayout is fired), and then I need to create Docks from the appropriate database records, and add them to the DockZone.

I can't quite figure out  how to do either.  The first time I select a menu no Docks show up, and the second time I get an "multiple controls with the same ID "RodDock0" were found" error.


Obi-Wan Kenobi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?