Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
0 answers
122 views
I have a grid which loads data based on the value selected in a combo box outside the grid.
The problem I am facing is if i navigate to second page of the grid and then change the value in the combo the grid loads the second page and shows no records to display if there is no second page.

How can i load the first pageof the grid when the combo box value changes?
newbie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 11 Apr 2008
3 answers
299 views
Hi All,

I would like to simulate the multiple root effect with the TreeView control.

What this really means is that when I add, say 3, nodes into a new TreeView control, I won't see the line that runs through the top to bottom of these 3 nodes. 

This way the user will think that these 3 roots are totally seperate.

Does anyone know if this issue here (http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-dmhgk.aspx) is fixed?

If not, I hope that the RadTreeView is flexible enough to provide support for multiple roots.

-Steve
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2008
1 answer
94 views
Everything in the radwindow works as expected (very nice too)

however,

i catch all runtime errors in global.asax Application_Error event and i see my app is logging lots of errors generated when i open the radwindow.

here is the error detail....

Method:System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest
Error Message:This is an invalid webresource request.

Query String Variables....
Name:d Value:SYtur-WA24wTOrsc6oOtyjVoOJy0n0hrwtNTZWK_bGSlnk2URl8sQoI14qyqybjLWOrEfTzZ6NksAkS3MIpe2A2
Name:t Value:633394635220000000

System.Web.HttpException: This is an invalid webresource request.
   at System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

What is causing this?

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2008
1 answer
103 views

When I click on a disabled RadComboBox, a DOM element exception like this is thrown:

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.ArgumentException: Value must be a DOM element.
Parameter name: element


I am using version 2007.3.1425.20 of the control. Thanks for your help.
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2008
1 answer
171 views

ScriptManager

.RegisterStartupScript(
rdTemp,
this.GetType(),
"AddDock",
tring.Format(@"function _addDock() {{" +
"Sys.Application.remove_load(_addDock);" +
"$find('{1}').dock($find('{0}'));" +
"$find('{0}').doPostBack('DockPositionChanged');" +
"}};" +
"Sys.Application.add_load(_addDock);", rdTemp.ClientID, sZone), true);

In General I get the registerStartupScript...

What what is the javascript doing? Can someone break it down?

This is from the portalsitecs.zip I downloaded.....

Appreciate some helpe with understanding it....

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Apr 2008
1 answer
366 views
Hi,
I am trying to figure out the different usage scenarios for the RadScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript
RadScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock
RadAjaxPanel.ResponseScripts.Add

I cannot seem to find the doc for these methods by drilling down through your documentation.

I have the RadScriptManager and RadAjaxPanel on a page. In event handlers called within the RadAjaxPanel RegisteringStartupScripts was not working (ResponseScripts.Add(...) solved my problem) and I am trying to understand when I should use the RadScriptManager.Register... methods.

Thanks, Andy
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2008
1 answer
69 views
I have downloaded the trail version. I am just wondering when the full version will come out?
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2008
3 answers
150 views
I have a page with a RadTreeView and a user web control that contains an ASP:Button.

The button is disabled if none of the nodes in the RadTreeView are selected.

When the button is disabled, if I mouseover the button I get a DOM in jscript code:

Sys.ArgumentException: Value must be a DOM element
Parameter name: element

Line 5949 of ScriptResource.axd:

switch(Sys.Browser.agent) {
    case Sys.Browser.InternetExplorer:
        Sys.UI.DomElement.getLocation = function Sys$UI$DomElement$getLocation(element) {
            /// <param name="element" domElement="true"></param>
            /// <returns type="Sys.UI.Point"></returns>
            var e = Function._validateParams(arguments, [
                {name: "element", domElement: true}
            ]);
            if (e) throw e;

                        if (element.self || element.nodeType === 9) return new Sys.UI.Point(0,0);

                                                var clientRects = element.getClientRects();
            if (!clientRects || !clientRects.length) {
                return new Sys.UI.Point(0,0);
            }

     ...



Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Apr 2008
7 answers
220 views
Hi, I'm using a user control form to edit 'activities' which is being called from a RadGrid and other places.  The form is farily complex and has ajaxified features (e.g. choosing combo boxes updates other parts of the control).  I'd like to try out the Scheduler and reuse this same edit form. 

Does this seem like something the scheduler could handle or would I be wasting my time even trying?   If it would work, is the best approach to follow the "RadWindow" example code or is there a better approach?

cheers
ewart
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2008
5 answers
155 views
I just upgraded to the newest (2008.1) version of Prometheus, and a meta-data driven pie chart that was working fine with the 2007.3 build is now throwing a NullException error.  Have there been any significant changes to the Chart controls, i.e., any new required properties or properties that may have different limiting values?  As I mentioned, it was working as expected in the last build and, using the same environment and properties/values for the chart, it choked.  There is also a line chart, bar chart, and grid controls, all metadata-driven, on the same page that still work correctly (and pull the properties and values from the same database meta tables) Please advise...

Thanks
Jim
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 11 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?