Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
316 views
I have two decimal fields and am using EditForms in RadGrid Prometheus, with AutomaticUpdates/Insert/Delete enabled.

The insert and delete work fine, but on update I get an "Input String not in correct format error"  It seems to have to do with the decimal fields.  I have posted my Stack Trace.  Please advise what I am doing wrong.

Execution Error
Input string was not in a correct format.
  at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
  at System.Number.ParseDecimal(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
  at System.Decimal.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider)
  at System.Convert.ToDecimal(String value, IFormatProvider provider)
  at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToDecimal(IFormatProvider provider)
  at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, TypeCode typeCode, IFormatProvider provider)
  at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Parameter.GetValue(Object value, String defaultValue, TypeCode type, Boolean convertEmptyStringToNull, Boolean ignoreNullableTypeChanges)
  at System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.AddParameters(DbCommand command, ParameterCollection reference, IDictionary parameters, IDictionary exclusionList, String oldValuesParameterFormatString)
  at System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteUpdate(IDictionary keys, IDictionary values, IDictionary oldValues)
  at System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Update(IDictionary keys, IDictionary values, IDictionary oldValues, DataSourceViewOperationCallback callback)
  at Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.PerformUpdate(GridEditableItem editedItem, Boolean suppressRebind)
  at Telerik.Web.UI.GridCommandEventArgs.ExecuteCommand(Object source)
  at Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e)
  at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args)
  at Telerik.Web.UI.GridEditFormItem.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e)
  at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args)
  at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)
  at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
  at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
  at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
  at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
  at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
0.0221968155170559 0.000909
Brett
Brett
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Apr 2008
1 answer
162 views

Hi

I know I can replace HTML text as follows:

var theSelectionObject = editor.getSelection();
editor.pasteHtml('<span class="myNewClass">' + theSelectionObject.getHtml() + '</span>')


However, if I want to replace the text of the parent element, how would I do it? I know I can get a reference to the parent element as follows, but cant find a setHTML method?

var theSelectionObject = editor.getSelection();
var theSelectedElement = theSelectionObject.getParentElement();

theSelectedElement.setHTML('blah blah');

Can somebody point me in the right direction.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Apr 2008
1 answer
145 views
Just trying to install the lite version. When I add it to my page I'm getting:

An error occurred during the processing of . Type 'Telerik.SharePoint.FieldEditor.RadHtmlField' does not have a public property named 'RadHtmlField'.
George
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Apr 2008
4 answers
378 views
I am currently working on a light edition of our website, and this is developed in Prometheus.

In the old version we were able to do AjaxRequests from the master page due to using
<%=ajaxManager.ClientID%>.AjaxRequest(...) 

But after this upgrade to Prometheus I can't really find a way to do anything like it. I have tried

$find('<%=ajaxManager.ClientID%>').ajaxRequest(...) 

didn't work :( tried
$find( '<%=RadAjaxManager.GetCurrent(this).ClientID%>' ).ajaxRequest(...) 

doesn't work either since the page is a master page and not a "Page" class.

Can't find any subjects on this and I can't find any threads that shoots this option to the ground either...Is it completely impossible to do a AjaxRequest from the masterpage in Prometheus or?
cyberzed
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Apr 2008
1 answer
134 views
Hi,
I tried to implement the Treeview with a NodeTemplate and Webservice-Expand-Mode, but the added nodes were not templated.

Is it possible to use NodeTemplate and Webservice as ExpandMode?

regards
Jonas
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Apr 2008
2 answers
108 views
Hi all,

I have a user control that contains 2 Prometheus radGrids, rgInsuredInfo and rgOwnerInfo.  Each of the radGrids has an Edit button that will display a user control that allows the user to make some changes.  But when I click on the Edit button in the second radGrid (rgOwnerInfo), the entire radGrid disappears.  The first radGrid works fine if I click the Edit button.  Is there a problem with having 2 radGrids with Edit buttons on the same user control? 

Here is the markup:

<

table style="width:96%;" align="center">

<tr>

<td>

<telerik:RadGrid ID="rgInsuredInfo"

runat="server"

AutoGenerateColumns="False"

SkinID="GridSkin"

GridLines="None"

AllowPaging="true"

AllowSorting="true"

PagerStyle-Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric"

PageSize="20"

GroupingSettings-CaseSensitive="false">

<MasterTableView GridLines="both"

Name="Master1"

Width="100%"

CommandItemDisplay="Top"

DataKeyNames="EntityID"

HierarchyDefaultExpanded="true"

AllowFilteringByColumn="True" >

<RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False">

<HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>

</RowIndicatorColumn>

<ExpandCollapseColumn Resizable="False">

<HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>

</ExpandCollapseColumn>

<Columns>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="EntityID" DataField="EntityID" Visible="false"

ReadOnly="True">

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="LegalFullName" HeaderText="Name" DataField="LegalFullName">

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="EntityRelatedTypeDesc" HeaderText="Type" DataField="EntityRelatedTypeDesc">

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="GenderDesc" HeaderText="Gender" DataField="GenderDesc">

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="SmokerStatusDesc" HeaderText="Smoker" DataField="SmokerStatusDesc">

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<Telerik:GridEditCommandColumn UniqueName="EditCommandColumn1"

ButtonType="ImageButton"

EditImageUrl="../Images/icon-edit.gif">

</Telerik:GridEditCommandColumn>

<telerik:GridButtonColumn UniqueName="btnDelete"

ButtonType="ImageButton"

ImageUrl="../Images/icon-delete.gif"

ConfirmText="Do you really wish to delete this row?"

CommandName="Delete"

Text="Delete">

</telerik:GridButtonColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="GenderEnumID" Visible="false" DataField="GenderEnumID">

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="SmokerStatusEnumID" Visible="false" DataField="SmokerStatusEnumID">

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

</Columns>

<EditFormSettings UserControlName="PolicyInfoDetails.ascx" EditFormType="WebUserControl">

<EditColumn UniqueName="EditCommandColumn1">

</EditColumn>

</EditFormSettings>

</MasterTableView>

</telerik:RadGrid>

</td>

</tr>

</table>



<

table style="width:96%;" align="center">

<tr>

<td>

<telerik:RadGrid ID="rgOwnerInfo"

runat="server"

AutoGenerateColumns="False"

SkinID="GridSkin"

GridLines="None"

AllowPaging="true"

AllowSorting="true"

PagerStyle-Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric"

PageSize="20"

GroupingSettings-CaseSensitive="false">

<MasterTableView GridLines="both"

Name="Master2"

Width="100%"

CommandItemDisplay="top"

DataKeyNames="EntityID"

HierarchyDefaultExpanded="true"

AllowFilteringByColumn="True">

<RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False">

<HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>

</RowIndicatorColumn>

<ExpandCollapseColumn Resizable="False">

<HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>

</ExpandCollapseColumn>

<Columns>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="EntityID" DataField="EntityID" Visible="false">

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="LegalFullName" HeaderText="Name" DataField="LegalFullName">

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="OwnershipPct" HeaderText="Ownership" DataField="OwnershipPct" DataFormatString="{0:P}">

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<Telerik:GridEditCommandColumn UniqueName="EditOwner"

ButtonType="ImageButton"

EditImageUrl="../Images/icon-edit.gif">

</Telerik:GridEditCommandColumn>

</Columns>

<EditFormSettings UserControlName="PolicyInfoOwnerDetails.ascx" EditFormType="WebUserControl">

<EditColumn UniqueName="EditOwner">

</EditColumn>

</EditFormSettings>

</MasterTableView>

</telerik:RadGrid>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

Bob
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Apr 2008
3 answers
167 views
The styles set by the RadFormDecorator get reset after a postback while inside an ASP.NET AJAX Update Panel.

The file version on the Telerik.Web.UI.dll is 2008.1.325.35.

Is this a bug? if it is, would it be fixed before the final release? Are there any workarounds?

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Apr 2008
0 answers
473 views
To get familiar in a fast and pretty straight-forward manner with our web menu control, I suggest that you visit the online resources linked below:

Online examples

Online documentation

KB articles

Code library


Of course, you can browse the public forum as well to find a specific information/code sample concerning an aspect of the menu object model/ features. There are numerous threads which can get you started/assist you through the development process.

Finally, we will appreciate your feedback on the structure/content of the online resources - our goal is to continue enriching them, thus facilitating our customers even more.
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 10 Apr 2008
0 answers
387 views
To get familiar in a fast and pretty straight-forward manner with our web combobox control, I suggest that you visit the online resources linked below:

Online examples

Online documentation

Kb Articles

Code library



Of course, you can browse the public forum as well to find a specific information/code sample concerning an aspect of the combobox object model/ features. There are numerous threads which can get you started/assist you through the development process.

Finally, we will appreciate your feedback on the structure/content of the online resources - our goal is to continue enriching them, thus facilitating our customers even more.
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 10 Apr 2008
6 answers
305 views
Hi, iI use the new Release 2008 Beta for Prometheus dll.

With the RadGrid I use a 2 level hierarchy. All work good except that at the initial load page some icon are missing in the grid. For example the expand "+" icon and the New Item icon do not appear but are present. If I click at the location that icon should be displayed the expand work. Same thing append if I click were the Add icon sould be.

After I click on one of the "invisible" icon for the firts time, all missing icon are corretly displayed.

Any suggestion? Here my aspx grid part:
                    <telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGridSections" runat="server" Skin="Telerik" ShowStatusBar="true" 
                        Width="95%" AutoGenerateColumns="False" PageSize="3" AllowSorting="True" AllowMultiRowSelection="False" 
                        AllowPaging="True" GridLines="None" AllowAutomaticDeletes="True" AllowAutomaticInserts="True" AllowAutomaticUpdates="True" 
                        OnItemUpdated="RadGrid1_ItemUpdated" OnItemDeleted="RadGrid1_ItemDeleted" OnItemInserted="RadGrid1_ItemInserted" OnInsertCommand="RadGrid1_InsertCommand">  
                        <PagerStyle Mode="NumericPages"></PagerStyle> 
                        <MasterTableView AllowMultiColumnSorting="True" Width="100%" CommandItemDisplay="Top" Name="Section">  
                            <DetailTables> 
                                <telerik:GridTableView Width="100%" runat="server" CommandItemDisplay="Top" Name="SousSec">  
                                    <ParentTableRelation> 
                                        <telerik:GridRelationFields DetailKeyField="ParentID" MasterKeyField="ID" /> 
                                    </ParentTableRelation> 
 
                                    <Columns> 
                                        <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" UniqueName="EditCommandColumn1">  
                                            <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                                            <ItemStyle CssClass="MyImageButton" /> 
                                        </telerik:GridEditCommandColumn> 
                                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="ID" HeaderText="ID" DataField="ID" Visible="false"></telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="Nom" HeaderText="Nom" DataField="Nom"></telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="NomEng" HeaderText="NomEng" DataField="NomEng"></telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="Position" HeaderText="Position" DataField="Position"></telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                                        <telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn UniqueName="Visible" HeaderText="Visible" DataField="Visible"></telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn> 
                                        <telerik:GridButtonColumn ConfirmText="Effacer cette section?" ButtonType="ImageButton" CommandName="Delete" Text="Delete" UniqueName="DeleteColumn2">  
                                            <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                                            <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" CssClass="MyImageButton" /> 
                                        </telerik:GridButtonColumn> 
                                    </Columns> 
                                    <SortExpressions> 
                                        <telerik:GridSortExpression FieldName="Position" SortOrder="Descending"></telerik:GridSortExpression> 
                                    </SortExpressions> 
                                </telerik:GridTableView> 
                            </DetailTables> 
                            <Columns> 
                                <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" UniqueName="EditCommandColumn">  
                                    <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                                    <ItemStyle CssClass="MyImageButton" /> 
                                </telerik:GridEditCommandColumn> 
                                <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="ID" HeaderText="ID" DataField="ID" Visible="false"></telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                                <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="Nom" HeaderText="Nom" DataField="Nom"></telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                                <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="NomEng" HeaderText="NomEng" DataField="NomEng"></telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                                <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="Position" HeaderText="Position" DataField="Position"></telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                                <telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn UniqueName="Visible" HeaderText="Visible" DataField="Visible"></telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn> 
                                <telerik:GridButtonColumn ConfirmText="Effacer cette section?" ButtonType="ImageButton" CommandName="Delete" Text="Delete" UniqueName="DeleteColumn">  
                                    <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                                    <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" CssClass="MyImageButton" /> 
                                </telerik:GridButtonColumn> 
                            </Columns> 
                            <SortExpressions> 
                                <telerik:GridSortExpression FieldName="Position"></telerik:GridSortExpression> 
                            </SortExpressions> 
                        </MasterTableView> 
                    </telerik:RadGrid>                  
 
Pierre
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
 answered on 10 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?