Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
123 views
I don;t know if its me or my installation or what, but my RadWindows aren't right.

More correctly, my radalert window isn't. My radalert window doesn't have the alert icon(the triangle). And my OK button is just text.

I'm using am external skin. I've copied the Default2006 skin but have not yet made any changes to it.

I notice that a number of the skins, like Outlook and Office2007, have a number of images like 'ModalDialogAlert.gif' and 'ModalDialogButtonSprites.gif', but others don't.

I think that this is the problem, 'cos if I copy the files from, say, Office2007 to my skin folder the relevant images are restored.

So, what's the gen? Has my installation cocked up or are these files really missing?

--
Stuart
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Apr 2008
4 answers
140 views
I am using a Scheduler control (Q1 2008) within DNN and when viewed in IE, the ALL DAY appointments start to run into the time appointments.  I am not sure what is causing this, most likely a CSS issue.  Just seeing if anyone has run into this or has any suggestions.  I have tried changing hundreds of CSS attributes, that would normally seem to work, but no success.

Thanks.  If you need more details, please let me know!
Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Apr 2008
2 answers
96 views
i have the following code in place
<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" OnAjaxRequest="RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest">  
    <AjaxSettings> 
     <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID = "RadAjaxManager1">  
      <UpdatedControls> 
        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID ="GridAct" /> 
      </UpdatedControls> 
     </telerik:AjaxSetting>            
    </AjaxSettings> 
    </telerik:RadAjaxManager> 
 
function refreshTasks()  
      {  
                var ajaxManager = $find("RadAjaxManager1");  
                ajaxManager.AjaxRequest('RebindTasks');  
      }  
 
Protected Sub RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.AjaxRequestEventArgs) Handles RadAjaxManager1.AjaxRequest  
        If e.Argument = "RebindTasks" Then  
            GridAct.Rebind()  
        End If  
    End Sub 

but when i run the code, it give me the following javascript error
"ajaxManager has no properties"
when am I missing?
Leon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Apr 2008
5 answers
255 views
My client needs the appointment text to expand to accommodate whatever they enter (they're trying to have a printable calendar). I've had success in IE setting setting the height to auto (overriding the 30px with !important). However in Firefox the appointments just dissappear.

The other problem is that with height set to auto - when you have multiple appointments in a cell they stack vertically so that one covers the other. Any easy way to resolve this? (Perhaps force a z index?)

Thanks
WB
Nate
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Apr 2008
0 answers
190 views
Using your tutorial I am trying to write a client-side event handler that is executed when the user clicks an item in the RadMenu.  As you can see below I am calling "OnClicking" script function when the "OnClientItemClicking" event occurs.  The problem is I get runtime errors when it is executed (see linked picture).  It says 'Item.NavigateUrl is null or not an object'.  Also, my Intellisense does not show the properties that you address in your examples (see linked picture).  It seems that 'eventArgs.Item.NavigateUrl' does not exist.  I am behind schedule and this is slowing me down even further.  We have purchased the Prometheus controls but I cannot find the original purchaser so I do not know our account number.  Can you tell me what I am doing wrong here?

My Javascript function:
function OnClicking(sender, eventArgs)  
            {           
                if (eventArgs.Item.NavigateUrl != "#")  
                {  
                    var proceed = confirm("Navigate to "+ eventArgs.Item.NavigateUrl + " ?");  
                    if (!proceed)  
                    {  
                        return false;  
                    }  
                }  
            } 

My RadMenu:
<telerik:RadMenu ID="RadMenu1" Runat="server" OnClientItemClicking="OnClicking" 
                    style="top: 0px; left: 11px; height: 23px; width: 200px" Skin="Telerik"   
                    Font-Size="Small">                      
                        <DefaultGroupSettings ExpandDirection="Auto" Flow="Vertical" Height="135px" /> 
                        <CollapseAnimation Duration="200" Type="OutQuint" />                      
                    <ExpandAnimation Type="OutQuart" /> 
                        <Items> 
                            <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Channel 8" Runat="server" GroupSettings-Height="400">  
                                <GroupSettings Flow="Vertical" ExpandDirection="Auto" Height="400px">  
                                </GroupSettings> 
                            </telerik:RadMenuItem>    
                            <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Channel 9" Runat="server" GroupSettings-Height="400">  
                                <GroupSettings Flow="Vertical" ExpandDirection="Auto" Height="400px">  
                                </GroupSettings> 
                            </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                            <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Channel 10" Runat="server" GroupSettings-Height="400">  
                                <GroupSettings Flow="Vertical" ExpandDirection="Auto" Height="400px">  
                                </GroupSettings> 
                            </telerik:RadMenuItem>    
                            <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Technet EDGE" Runat="server" GroupSettings-Height="400">  
                                <GroupSettings Flow="Vertical" ExpandDirection="Auto" Height="400px">  
                                </GroupSettings> 
                            </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                            <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="VisitMIX Online" Runat="server" GroupSettings-Height="400">  
                                <GroupSettings Flow="Vertical" ExpandDirection="Auto" Height="400px">  
                                </GroupSettings> 
                            </telerik:RadMenuItem>                          
                        </Items> 
</telerik:RadMenu> 

I could not attach the pictures so I have posted them at the urls below:

Runtime error pic
RadMenu Intellisense

Thanks much,
Ken
Ken
Top achievements
Rank 2
 asked on 09 Apr 2008
2 answers
196 views
Hi,

Using the grid ItemCommand I'm trying to "push" a file to the client  by doing the following:

 
            // FileInfo object creation 
            System.IO.FileInfo targetFile = new System.IO.FileInfo(filePath); 
 
            // clear the current output content from the buffer 
            HttpContext.Current.Response.Clear(); 
 
            // add the header that specifies the default filename for 
            // the Download/SaveAs dialog 
            HttpContext.Current.Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=" + targetFile.Name); 
 
            // add the header that specifies the file size, so that the browser 
            // can show the download progress 
            HttpContext.Current.Response.AddHeader("Content-Length", targetFile.Length.ToString()); 
 
            // specify that the response is a stream that cannot be read by the 
            // client and must be downloaded 
            HttpContext.Current.Response.ContentType = GetFileType(targetFile.FullName.ToLower().Substring(targetFile.FullName.Length - 4)); 
 
            // send the file stream to the client 
            HttpContext.Current.Response.WriteFile(targetFile.FullName); 
 
            // stop the execution of this page 
            HttpContext.Current.Response.End(); 

This works fine outside the context of a Radgrid. Im a receiving this error:

Error: [Exception... "'Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled. 
Details: Error parsing near '%PDF-1.6 
%ýýýý 
9 0 '.' when calling method: [nsIOnReadyStateChangeHandler::handleEvent]"  nsresult: "0x8057001c (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_JS_OBJECT)"  location: "<unknown>"  data: no] 

It seems like it doesn't like that the response headers are modified to push the file to the client with a "save prompt", but this is working everywhere except from a radgrid?

Any clue?
Antoine
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Apr 2008
1 answer
181 views

On my web page I have a Scheduler and a dropdown. I need to rebind a new set of data to the scheduler on the dropdown SelectedIndexChanged event based on selected value from the dropdown list. My scheduler works fine when I bind the datatable to scheduler on the page_load event for the first time. But when I rebind the new set of data on dropdown SelectedIndexChanged event, the scheduler is empty; though I have 100s of records exists in the new datatable. Is it happening because I am missing something?.

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

        If Not IsPostBack Then

            CounselorName()

        End If

            RadScheduler1.DataSource = getAppointments

End Sub

Private ReadOnly Property getAppointments() As DataTable

        Get

            Dim dt As DataTable = CType(Session(AppointmentsKey), DataTable)

            If dt Is Nothing Then

                dt = CreateDataTable()

                Session(AppointmentsKey) = dt

            End If

            Return dt

        End Get

End Property

Private Function CreateDataTable() As DataTable

        Dim dt As New DataTable

        Dim repAppt As New _APPT()

        repAppt.LoadApptsbyRepID(RepId)

        dt = repAppt.DefaultView.Table

        Return dt

End Function

Protected Sub ListBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles ListBox1.SelectedIndexChanged

        Dim schedule As New _APPT()

        Dim item As String = Me.ListBox1.SelectedItem.Text()

        RepId = Me.ListBox1.SelectedValue()

        Session(AppointmentsKey) = Nothing

        RadScheduler1.DataSource = getAppointments

End Sub

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Apr 2008
19 answers
586 views
The non-Prometheus version of the Editor has a property StripAbsoluteImagesPaths that, when set to false, causes the editor to use the full URL for the image.  This was a very valuable feature, but I can't find any mention of it in the forums or documentation.  Is there a counterpart in the Prometheus version that I'm overlooking?  If not, I cast my vote for porting that feature over to the Prometheus Editor.  Does anyone have a workaround that accomplishes the same thing... perhaps a regular expression-based search and replace?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Apr 2008
3 answers
128 views
Scenario: Make a download link to test.doc from the document manager and call it "test link"

1) Using the document manager and selecting a file in the document properties there should be an option to let them specify what the link should say (link text).
2) Since they don't have this option they try to modify the link text. When doing this it's very easy to remove the actual link tag (turns into text). This is very unfriendly.
3) When over the link I get URL, tooltip, etc at the bottom. This means absolutely nothing for the average user -- and it's not intuitive to click the hyperlink manager; any suggestions?

Thanks.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Apr 2008
2 answers
186 views
We're experiencing issues with the Prometheus version of RadUpload inside the old ASP.NET RadPanel control, where the upload field is in the incorrect position (covering the Add/Remove buttons) upon expanding RadPanel to a panel that contains the RadUpload. We're hoping the Prometheus version of RadPanel might fix the issue, however the next update to our products is at the end of this month. We'll need time for testing our own products, so if the next Prometheus release isn't until the end of this month that doesn't leave us enough time for our own testing.
QScend
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?