Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
199 views
Can multiple items be selected in a radComboBox like the ASP.Net ListBox?  If not, is there another telerik list control that allows this?

Thanks,
Bob
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Apr 2008
0 answers
258 views
In order to get familiar in a fast and pretty straight-forward manner with our web input control, I suggest you visit the online resources linked below:

Online examples

Online documentation

Code library

Of course, you can browse the public forum as well in order to find a specific information/code sample concerning an aspect of the input object model/ features. There are numerous threads which can get you started/assist you through the development process.

Finally, we will appreciate your feedback on the structure/content of the online resources - our goal is to continue enriching them, thus facilitating our customers even more.
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 09 Apr 2008
0 answers
1.7K+ views
In order to get familiar in a fast and pretty straight-forward manner with our web grid control, I suggest you visit the online resources linked below:

Online examples

Online documentation

Videos

Code library

Knowledge base

Blogs

Of course, you can browse the public forum as well in order to find a specific information/code sample concerning an aspect of the grid object model/ features. There are numerous threads which can get you started/assist you through the development process.

Finally, we will appreciate your feedback on the structure/content of the online resources - our goal is to continue enriching them, thus facilitating our customers even more.
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 09 Apr 2008
0 answers
315 views
In order to get familiar in a fast and pretty straight-forward manner with our web calendar control, I suggest you visit the online resources linked below:

Online examples

Online documentation

Code library

Of course, you can browse the public forum as well in order to find a specific information/code sample concerning an aspect of the calendar object model/ features. There are numerous threads which can get you started/assist you through the development process.

Finally, we will appreciate your feedback on the structure/content of the online resources - our goal is to continue enriching them, thus facilitating our customers even more.
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 09 Apr 2008
1 answer
173 views
I tried following code - but the Font/Color properties are all ignored when Tab renders. Only main BackColor property showed background color. But Font-Bold, Font-Size, HoveredCssClass are all being ignored.

        <telerik:RadTabStrip ID="rts1" runat="server"
            Orientation="HorizontalTop"
            Skin="Vista"
            BackColor="Orange"
            Font-Bold="true"
            Font-Size="Large"
            >
            <Tabs>
                <telerik:RadTab Text="Tab 1" Font-Size="Large" Font-Bold="true" BackColor="Red" HoveredCssClass="hovered" />
                <telerik:RadTab Text ="Tab 2" Font-Size="Large" Font-Bold="true" />
            </Tabs>
            </telerik:RadTabStrip>

Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Apr 2008
1 answer
119 views
Hi I have a situation where I call a RadWindow to open using javascript within a user control.
This works fine the first time I call the window to open, however, if I call it again, then I get a javascript error. My code is as follows:
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">  
            function openRadWindow()  
            {  
                // Get the Details of the postcode textbox  
                var txt = document.getElementById("<%=txtAppPostcode.ClientID %>").value;  
                if(txt == ''){  
                    alert('A partial address must be entered');  
                    return;  
                }  
                // Open Our Rad Window  
                var oWnd = radopen("pointer.aspx?SearchText=" + txt, "rwPointer" );  
   
                oWnd.Skin = "Vista";  
                oWnd.Center();  
                document.getElementById("<%=txtAppPostcode.ClientID %>").value = '';  
            }  
        </script>  
I read somewhere that it has something to do with the ID of the window being opened, so I tried to set the window ID from javascript using the following code:
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">  
            function openRadWindow()  
            {  
                 var dt = new Date();   
                // Get the Details of the postcode textbox  
                var txt = document.getElementById("<%=txtAppPostcode.ClientID %>").value;  
                if(txt == ''){  
                    alert('A partial address must be entered');  
                    return;  
                }  
                // Open Our Rad Window  
                var oWnd = radopen("pointer.aspx?SearchText=" + txt, "rwPointer" );  
                oWnd.ID = dt.getMilliseconds();   
                oWnd.Skin = "Vista";  
                oWnd.Center();  
                document.getElementById("<%=txtAppPostcode.ClientID %>").value = '';  
            }  
        </script>  
But this didn't work either. I need the user control to be reusable, so if anyone can tell me where I am going wrong, I would be grateful.
Kind Regards
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Apr 2008
3 answers
168 views
I want to bind a list of value pairs (A/B) to a RadChart, whereas both values of a pair are of type double and the value of B can be double.NaN in some pairs. But if there is a pair which contains a double.NaN, the system throws an exception.
My DataSource is a list of custom objects and the Chart contains two series.

Is there a possibility to define which bound value has to be interpreted as Empty?
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Apr 2008
3 answers
231 views
RadAjaxManager, RadComboBox, FieldSet, Dynamic hiding and showing.

I have a RadCombpBox inside a fieldset <li>.  Below that <li> I have a  PlaceHolder with visibility set to false with an <li> isnide it.  When my RadCombo box uses ajax to call OnSelectedIndexChange I want to set the visibility of the PlaceHolder to true.  When this runs I get an client Unknown runtime error.

As a test if I rap the entire fieldset in a placeholder and set visible to false.  Then use another cobo box outside the fieldset using ajax to post back and make the outer placeholder visible.  Then i go and use the innner combo in the <li> to make the inner placholder in the <li> visible, this works ok.

PS I also cannot get the client api working this way.

Please help.

Thanks


<

telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" OnAjaxSettingCreating="RadAjaxManager1_AjaxSettingCreating" DefaultLoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1">

<AjaxSettings>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="rcbNOI">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="PHTest"/>

</UpdatedControls>

</telerik:AjaxSetting>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="rcbShow">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="ShowMe"/>

</UpdatedControls>

</telerik:AjaxSetting>

</AjaxSettings>

</telerik:RadAjaxManager>

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<div id="questionset">

 

<asp:PlaceHolder ID="ShowMe" runat="server" Visible="true">

<fieldset>

<ol>

<li>

<div><telerik:RadComboBox Width="265px" ID="rcbNOI" runat="server" RadComboBoxImagePosition="Right"

AutoPostBack="true" OnSelectedIndexChanged="rcbNOI_SelectedIndexChanged" EnableEmbeddedSkins="False"

Skin="B2C">

<Items>

<telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="No" Value="No" />

<telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="Yes" Value="Yes" />

</Items>

<CollapseAnimation Duration="200" Type="OutQuint" />

<ExpandAnimation Type="OutQuart" />

</telerik:RadComboBox>

</div>

</li>

<asp:PlaceHolder runat="server" ID="PHTest" Visible="false">

<li >

<telerik:RadTextBox EnableEmbeddedSkins="False" Skin="B2C" ID="radNOI" runat="server">

</telerik:RadTextBox>

</li>

</asp:PlaceHolder>

<li>a</li>

</ol>

</fieldset>

</asp:PlaceHolder>

<telerik:RadComboBox Width="265px" ID="rcbShow" runat="server" RadComboBoxImagePosition="Right"

AutoPostBack="true" OnSelectedIndexChanged="rcbShow_SelectedIndexChanged" EnableEmbeddedSkins="False"

Skin="B2C">

<Items>

<telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="No" Value="No" />

<telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="Yes" Value="Yes" />

</Items>

<CollapseAnimation Duration="200" Type="OutQuint" />

<ExpandAnimation Type="OutQuart" />

</telerik:RadComboBox>

</

div>

</

asp:Content>

Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Apr 2008
1 answer
93 views
I set the ActiveItemStyle of a Grid and I have keyboard support enabled. I am using Vista skin.

When I press the Down/Up arrow keys each item first starts turning Green as per following style and then after all rows turn Green, then ActiveRow turns to the original setting from Vista skin.

            <ActiveItemStyle  CssClass="customSelectedRow" BackColor="#C8F415" />

Expected behavior is that when a row becomes active using Keyboard - its style should be as per the above 'ActiveItemStyle' and all other rows should be back to normal 'ItemStyle' or 'AlternatingItemStyle'.

Let me know if this is bug or I need to do something else.

-Piyush
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Apr 2008
4 answers
113 views
Hello,
With Prometheus 2007.3.1314.20 I'm using  a css class .GridRowOver_Default td to have DataRows highlight on mouseover.

I'm also using
<ClientSettings>
<ClientEvents OnRowClick="rg_RowClick" /> </ClientSettings>
to respond to mouse click anywhere on the row.

Both of these work fine when my RadGrid is first loaded. However, after I go to a different page of data (using any method, next/prev, number, etc) both the style and the script no longer work.

I tried quickly switching to version 2007.3.1425.20, but that didn't help. In fact, then the GridRowOver_Default style didn't work at all. Not even on the first page of data.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Michael Abrahamsen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?