Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
123 views
Hi, I am in the process of converting a project to use Prometheus controls and cannot find an equivalent to the RadControls RadWindows property EnableStandarpPopups.

This has been very useful in the RadWindow control to prevent unnecessary rendering of code if the standard popup windows are not required and therefore keeping page size down.

Has this feature disappeared from the Prometheus Window control?

Regards,
Jonathan
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Apr 2008
1 answer
159 views
I'm sure there is a simple solution to this one, but when i use a RadComboBox in an ASP.NET GridView the RadComboBox becomes disabled.  This RadComboBox is used as a TemplateField.  The dropdowns work fine in the GridView, but not the RadComboBox.

<asp:GridView ID="gvCPT" runat="server" CellPadding="2" OnRowCommand="gvCPT_RowCommand" OnRowDataBound="gvCPT_RowDataBound" ForeColor="#333333" DataKeyNames="Value" AutoGenerateColumns="false" GridLines="None"> 
    <Columns>        
 
    <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Qty"> 
                                        <ItemTemplate> 
                                          <telerik:RadComboBox ID="ddlQty" Width="40px" runat="server" Skin="Outlook" style="text-align: right" AllowCustomText="True"> 
                                                <CollapseAnimation Duration="200" Type="OutQuint" /> 
                                                <Items> 
                                                    <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="1" /> 
                                                    <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="2" /> 
                                                    <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="3" /> 
                                                    <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="4" /> 
                                                    <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="5" /> 
 
</Items> 
                                            </telerik:RadComboBox> 
</ItemTemplate> 
                                        <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" /> 
                                    </asp:TemplateField> 
    </Columns> 
</Columns>                                 
                            </asp:GridView> 

Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Apr 2008
2 answers
271 views
Hi There,


I m using Radgrid "Prometheus", I want to bind dropdownlist on fly and i m refering this link 

http://www.telerik.com/help/radcontrols/prometheus/?grdCustomizeConfigureGridDropDownColumn.html

According to above link i m trying to add values in dropdownlist box but

ex: 
 GridDropDownListColumnEditor editor = (GridDropDownListColumnEditor)(editMan.GetColumnEditor( "DropDownColumn"));
 DropDownList ddList = editor.DropDownListControl;

i m not able to find editor.
Dropdownlistcontrol, it says there is no dropdownlistcontrol.

Any one knows how to convert GridDropDownListColumnEditor  to dropdownlist box and add values ...

thanks
HHH
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Apr 2008
1 answer
141 views
My grid has a check box column, once I select all my items I click a button.

On the button click I want to "copy" only the selected rows into a second grid.  I do not want to commit anything to a database yet as the second grid acts as a summary, so they may go back and select more rows in the first grid.

Can someone help me on my way here?

Brett
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Apr 2008
3 answers
86 views
I asked this over in the tooltip forum but couldn't get any response.

I'm having trouble getting tool tips to display on my ajaxified GridView after changing pages.

My GridView is wired up using a RadAjaxManagerProxy to update itself when the page is changed or a sort occurs.

The first page works fine and if I switch back to it it still works.

All the pages work when I remove the grid from RadAjaxManager and do a full postback. So I conclude my problem has something to do with the fact that the grid view is wired up to use AJAX for page changes,sorts,etc.

Do you guys have a tooltip example that does pagination using ajax with tooltips on multiple pages?

This seems like it would be a pretty common scenario. Do you know if it's possible to get it working? If so, do I need to use a different implementation?

Thanks,
Joe
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Apr 2008
4 answers
152 views
I'm having trouble getting tool tips to display on my ajaxified grid view after changing pages.

My grid view is wired up using a RadAjaxManagerProxy to update itself when the page is changed.

The first page works fine and if I switch back to it it still works.

All the pages work when I remove the grid from RadAjaxManager and do a full postback. So I conclude my problem has something to do with the fact that the grid view is wired up to use AJAX for page changes,sorts,etc.

Do you guys have a tooltip example that does pagination using ajax with tooltips on multiple pages?


Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Apr 2008
2 answers
163 views
Hi,

I have a page with a RadNumericTextBox with NumberFormat-DecimalDigits=2.

Suppose I have the value "1.95". In display mode, it shows 1.95 which is correct. When I focus and go into edit mode, I get 1.95. That's also correct.

But if I have a value of "1.00", it doesn't display the .00 in edit mode. It only displays 1. Is there a way to get it to display all the decimal places, even if they are zeros? It looks and feels very odd to the user since it displays 1.00 but changes to 1 when editing. Thanks!
Mark DeMichele
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Apr 2008
1 answer
265 views

I have the following scenerio.

I am using a RadTreeView and on server-side I add root and one child node (folder), expand the root node and set folder node ExpandMoe=ServerSideCallBack.
On client, the user expands the folder node, the NodeExpand event fires and is handled on server and a call to DB gets the one child node and it loads properly and show properly on client.

At this point everything is fine. So the state is Root node expanded, folder node
expanded showing one child item node. I also have a context menu hooked up to the tree and when the user right-clicks the folder node and chooses the 'New' option, an area to the right of the tree opens to allow for data entry.
 The 'Create' button in this area is then clicked causing a postback, data is persisted to DB and code then runs to reload the nodes for the 'selectednode' (the one they right-clicked on in the client). The code that runs is the SAME CODE THAT RUNS WHEN THE USER EXPANDS THE FOLDER NODE.

Now the problem. The client does not reflect the fact that the child nodes of the
folder node (which is currently expanded and showing the original one node) were reloaded/refreshed from DB on server-side. If I F5 the page and drill back down Root -> Folder, the new node shows as expected.

How do you programatically tell the tree... "hey, the selected node, which has already been expanded on-demand, has just had a new node added, now show it".

I am sure this has to do with the asynchronous behavior based on ExpandMode=ServerSideCallBack, but no matter what I try on the server side, the client never shows new child nodes of an ALREADY EXPANDED node. Keep in mind, if the node (folder node that is) had NOT been expanded and I right-click, add New, THEN I expend the folder node, the new data/node shows up fine.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Apr 2008
1 answer
71 views
How do I add a link in the messsage?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Apr 2008
1 answer
168 views
Hello!

I have a RadGrid with two GridTemplateColumns. Each Column has a RadComboBox in the EditItemTemplate.
The Comboboxes have the Property "EnableLoadOnDemand" set to true and i use the "ItemsRequested" Event to populate them.

Now (if i am in InsertMode) i would like to read out the "SelectedValue" of the first Combobox in the "ItemsRequested" Event of the second (should be filled in order to whats selected in the first).

I am trying to access the "SelectedValue" with the following code:
############
(RadGrid1.MasterTableView.GetInsertItem().FindControl("cmbGrouping") as RadComboBox).SelectedValue;
############

The problem is that in the "ItemsRequested" Event of the second ComboBox this code returns an empty string but in the "RadGrid1_InsertCommand" Event it returns the correct ID.

Can anyone tell my what iam doing wrong or how to access the values of controls in different GridTemplateColumns??

thx in advance
Markus
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 14 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?