Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
8 answers
332 views
First of all, Prometheus is a great product that will change how the world works, well done.
I have resolved most of the problems in using the product though past posts, however, there are still a small problem that couldn't be seems to solve easily.

i have managed to show the dialog with a simple JS
function showDialog(Arg)  
{                      
 var oWnd = window.radopen(Arg, "TaskDialog");  
}  
 
onclientclick="showDialog('../Task/NewEdit.aspx?Mode=1');return false; 

however, when i actually want to post selected ref number from the grid
i use a server side js injection
ScriptPlaceholder.Text = "showDialog('../Task/NewEdit.aspx?Mode=1&ActNo=" + DirectCast(GridAct.SelectedItems(0), GridDataItem)("ActID").Text + "');" 

And the browser shows "_1c has no properites" after postback
do you have an idea?

Leon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Apr 2008
2 answers
166 views
Does Telerik.Web.UI.dll only work with Version=3.5.0.0 of System.Web.Extensions? Or are there different versions of Telerik.Web.UI.dll?
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 15 Apr 2008
2 answers
152 views

We recently upgraded from ASP.NET version to the Prometheus version of rad controls.

When I select an item in the combobox and check the SelectedIndex property server-side, it's always set to -1. This used to work in the older version. Could you please let me know what changes I need to make to make this work in Prometheus?

Thanks.
donoho
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Apr 2008
2 answers
107 views
Hi all.
I am having an issue when trying to export a grid from a content page.  The code to export the grid is getting executed but nothing happens on the front end.  Is there some property that I need to set or something that needs to be done differently when using a content page?  The master page contains the RadAjaxManager, RadAjaxPanel and the RadAjaxLoadingPanel.

I created a new aspx page with the same code ( but this time not as a content page) it works just fine.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Natalie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Apr 2008
2 answers
457 views
I just added the RadEditor for MOSS 2007 to our installation to demo for a client that may want to purchase.  The install worked fine but every time I tried to load up the control I get an:

 

Server Error in '/' Application.

Error opening Configuration File.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Telerik.WebControls.RadEditorUtils.InvalidConfigFileException: Error opening Configuration File.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidConfigFileException: Error opening Configuration File.]
   Telerik.WebControls.RadEditor.GetValidConfigFile() +90
   Telerik.WebControls.RadEditor.ProcessConfigFile() +4197
   Telerik.WebControls.RadEditor.set_ConfigFile(String value) +48
   Telerik.WebParts.Editor.Dialogs.ContentEditor.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +251
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

I have tried adding a reference to the ConfigFile.xml in the ContentEditor.aspx page, but this did not help.  I am hoping to demo this today, so any help is greatly appreciated.
Mathis Marugg
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Apr 2008
1 answer
157 views
I want to be able to restrict the fonts and font sizes available to someone using the radhtmlfield in MOSS. i can configure the menus to only show Arial and 10,12 and 14pt but i cannot prevent someone from pasting formatted text from Word into the radhtmlfield control... can anyone explain how this can be done?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Apr 2008
2 answers
400 views
Hello,

I'm trying to get the loading panel to show up in the RadScheduler when my custom events are fired.  For example, I have a code hooked up to the single and double click events of the RadScheduler and I want the Loading Panel to show while this code is executing and be hidden once the code is done.

Is there any way to show and hide the Loading Panel manually in the code behind page?

Thanks,
David
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Apr 2008
1 answer
169 views
When I use the radSplitter along with controls such as Visio Viewer and Silverlight I get problems. This happens because if I "grab" the splitter bar and drag it towards the control, the control will "capture" the mouse. So when I let go of the mouse button the splitter is still selected (ie, greyed out and moving around with the mouse). To stop moving the splitter I have to find an area outside of the activex control and click again to release the mouse.

Anyone know of a work-around? I guess an acceptable solution is for the radSplitter to deselect itself as soon as the activex control steals the mouse.


Cheers,
Daron
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Apr 2008
1 answer
268 views
Hello,

I have a user control with RadTreeView which nodes are populated from database and has one context menu.
ASPX code:

<telerik:RadTreeView ID="radCategoriesTree" Runat="server" OnNodeDrop="radCategoriesTree_HandleDrop" Skin="Telerik"
        OnNodeExpand="radCategoriesTree_NodeExpand" EnableDragAndDrop="true" OnContextMenuItemClick="radCategoriesTree_ContextMenuItemClick"
        AllowNodeEditing="true"> 
       
        <ContextMenus>
            <telerik:RadTreeViewContextMenu Skin="Telerik" ID="RootCategoryMenu" runat="server" >
                <Items>
                    <telerik:RadMenuItem Value="ViewProducts" Text="View Products" ToolTip="View products in category." PostBack="true"></telerik:RadMenuItem>
                    <telerik:RadMenuItem Value="NewCategory" Text="Add Subcategory" ></telerik:RadMenuItem>
                    <telerik:RadMenuItem Value="Rename" Text="Rename" ></telerik:RadMenuItem>
                    <telerik:RadMenuItem IsSeparator="true"></telerik:RadMenuItem>
                    <telerik:RadMenuItem Value="Delete" Text="Delete"></telerik:RadMenuItem>
                </Items>
            </telerik:RadTreeViewContextMenu>
        </ContextMenus>          
        </telerik:RadTreeView>

 When I right-click on a node, menu is shown, but when context menu item is clicked nothing happens. here is the node binding code:

while (reader.Read())
            {
                RadTreeNode node = new RadTreeNode();
                node.Text = reader["product_category_name"].ToString();
                node.Value = reader["product_category_id"].ToString();
                if ((bool)reader["product_category_hasSubcategories"])
                    node.Expanded = true;
                node.EnableContextMenu = true;
                node.ContextMenuID = "RootCategoryMenu";
                node.PostBack = true;
                nodes.Add(node);
            }

And here the event handling function:

protected void radCategoriesTree_ContextMenuItemClick(object sender, RadTreeViewContextMenuEventArgs e)
        {
            switch (e.MenuItem.Value)
            {
                case "ViewProducts":
                    //e.Node.Value - categoryId
                    DataSet set = ... reader here ..
                    radProductsGrid.DataSource = set;
                    radProductsGrid.DataBind();
                    radCategoriesTree.SelectedNodes.Clear();
                    break;
                case "NewCategory":
                    break;
                case "Rename":
                    break;
                case "Delete":
                    break;
            }
        }

When  clicking the expand button on TreeView the events are fired fine, but not from contextMenu. Any ideas ??

edit: I forgot to add that clicking the menu item will bind data to RadGrid, and here was the problem. When I removed RadGrid from control all events fire properly ... weird

I found an error on Java Console in my browser, maybe it could be helpfull:

 'Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager' is null or not an object

Does it mean that I can't use RadGrid and RadTreeView with context menu in same control ?

Thanks in advance.
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Apr 2008
2 answers
87 views
I have installed RadControls for SharePoint 2007.  When I edit a list item with FireFox via http://site.domain.com/ the controls are displayed.  When I do the same via an alternate access mapping of https://site.domain.com the controls are not.

Is this something that is not supported by the lite version, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
~Joe
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?