Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
234 views

We have an "ADD" asp:LinkButton to add values inside a radwindow. We Use
OnClientClick="GetRadWindow().BrowserWindow.location.reload();GetRadWindow().Close()" to add the value and refresh the parent page.

using <asp:RequiredFieldValidator> if an error pops up after hitting the add linkbutton the window closes. Anyway to prevent the window for closing upon validation error? Looking to keep user inside radwindow to fix error before closing the window.

<code used to close radwindow>


function GetRadWindow()
{
    var oWindow = null;
    if (window.radWindow) oWindow = window.radWindow;//Will work in Moz in all cases, including clasic dialog
    else if (window.frameElement.radWindow) oWindow = window.frameElement.radWindow;//IE (and Moz az well)
    return oWindow;
} 

function CloseOnReload()
{
    GetRadWindow().Close();
}

function RefreshParentPage()
{
    GetRadWindow().BrowserWindow.location.reload();
}


Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2008
5 answers
195 views
Hi,

It is possible to use the RadEditor to replace WSS blog and wiki editting functionality?  To be clear, this is WSS only (and not MOSS).

If it is possible, can you clarify the caveat in your documentation that says the "RadEditor for MOSS cannot be used as a Content field in Web Content Management scenarios in WSS v3".

Thanks.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2008
3 answers
445 views
I posted a ticket about this problem on 4/10, Thursday night.  I haven't received a response yet, so I thought I pose the same question to the general community to see if any other users out there might have some ideas.

I'm having a bit of trouble with a RadWindow in conjunction with radconfirm.  Here's my scenario:

  1. I have a page with a RadAjaxManager, a RadWindowManager, and 2 buttons.
  2. There's an AjaxSetting to update the RadWindowManager when the first button is pushed.  In the code-behind for the button click event, a RadWindow is created and added to the RadWindowManager and the VisibleOnPageLoad property for the RadWindowManager is set to true.  In effect, this allows me to open a window via server-side code; something I need to do because I must first save a database record before I open the window.
  3. The second button has an OnClientClick action defined that calls radconfirm.

Here's the problem:

  1. If I press button1 after the page loads, it works fine.
  2. If I press button2 after the page loads, it works fine.
  3. If I first press button1, close the window, and then press button2, I get the following javascript error "Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'this._windows.length' is null or not an object".
  4. If I disable Ajax, everything works fine.  I can press button1 or button2.  I can first press button1 and then button2.  All works fine.

If I comment out the code in the button1 code-behind, the problem still exists.  From what I can tell, the problem is not caused by the code in the button1 OnClick handler, but rather by the fact that button1 Ajax updates the RadWindowManager.

Any ideas?

Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Apr 2008
0 answers
386 views

RadCalendar for ASP.NET AJAX is the successor of RadCalendar for ASP.NET. The next generation of RadControls is built entirely on top of ASP.NET AJAX, utilizing its common client-side framework and programming model. RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX introduce a number of new features and performance optimizations, which are hard or impossible to implement in the regular ASP.NET suite. The integration and API models of the controls are also better, due to the common framework they share (RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX are shipped as a single assembly - Telerik.Web.UI.dll.) It is important to note that this new generation of RadControls will work only on ASP.NET 2.0 and 3.5 because of the underlying ASP.NET AJAX framework.

Although there are a lot of new features in RadCalendar for ASP.NET AJAX some of the functionality from the “classic” ASP.NET version is still the same.  The forum threads in the RadCalendar for ASP.NET forum are still relevant if they are in the following areas:

  •  DesignTime work with the control
  • Server-side event model - Event handling, as well as events remain the same.  

We hope this is helpful. If you need any assistance in the upgrade process or you have any other questions, please contact us.

Best Regards,
Telerik Team

Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 15 Apr 2008
0 answers
290 views

RadInput for ASP.NET AJAX is the successor of RadInput for ASP.NET. The next generation of RadControls is built entirely on top of ASP.NET AJAX, utilizing its common client-side framework and programming model. RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX introduce a number of new features and performance optimizations, which are hard or impossible to implement in the regular ASP.NET suite. The integration and API models of the controls are also better, due to the common framework they share (RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX are shipped as a single assembly - Telerik.Web.UI.dll.) It is important to note that this new generation of RadControls will work only on ASP.NET 2.0 and 3.5 because of the underlying ASP.NET AJAX framework.

Although there are a lot of new features in RadInput for ASP.NET AJAX some of the functionality from the “classic” ASP.NET version is still the same.  The forum threads in the RadInput for ASP.NET forum are still relevant if they are in the following areas:

  •  DesignTime work with the control
  • Server-side event model - Event handling, as well as events remain the same.  

We hope this information is helpful. If you need any assistance in the upgrade process or you have any other questions, please contact us.

Best Regards,
Telerik Team

 

Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 15 Apr 2008
1 answer
150 views
Hi,
I am using RadEditorMOSS 4.5.2 version to replace the default editor in my sharepoint site. If I use the Rad Editor Webpart, then it is working fine, but when I am useing the Editor for ListItem, then the default editor does not getting affected. Can anybody help me out.
Thanks in advanced.

George
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2008
1 answer
127 views
I'm doing a multi-word search-type interface with a textbox, search button, and Radgrid.  They are tied into RadAjaxManager and the grid correctly displays search results through the manager when the user enters words and clicks the search button.  However, if the user "presses Enter" I hear the "DING" sound and nothing happens.  The behavior I want is to "do the search button".  I've tried catching various events but I'm unable to intercept the "Enter Pressed" so that I can "click the search button".  I'm trying to prevent postbacks, if possible.  I thought that linking the textbox into the manager would do the trick but that hasn't worked either.  Any suggested strategies?

Thanks,

Victor.  
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2008
3 answers
569 views
The "OnClientSelectedIndexChanged" event does not appear to fire when the selected item is changed using the keyboard (e.g. the user tabs into the combobox then uses the arrow keys to select a new item).

Is there some other event that I can use? Or some way to make this event work?

Thanks.
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2008
1 answer
88 views

Hello,

We have an application with Rad Prometheus controls and main error page, but some of the exceptions are handled in the controls itself and displayed as a javascript popup screen.  I would like to check if there is a way to propagate the exception to the main error page or at least to display a generic message instead of the original exception message.

Thanks,

Ivo

Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2008
2 answers
151 views
Hello,

I use RadGrid Prometheus "Futures" release, but the problem can be also reproduced on 2007 Q3 version.
I have the grid with AllowColumnsReorder = true and ReorderColumnsOnClient = false.
The grid has several columns and two of them have Reorderable property set to false.
Anyway I can reorder all the columns by drag-and-drop the column header. My fixed columns don't look like reorderable but I can reorder them as well.
How can I prevent several columns from reordering?

Thank you,
Yaroslav
Yaroslav Kulik
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?