Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
0 answers
1.8K+ views

RadGrid for ASP.NET AJAX is the successor of RadRadGrid for ASP.NET. The next generation of RadControls is built entirely on top of ASP.NET AJAX, utilizing its common client-side framework and programming model.

RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX introduce a number of new features and performance optimizations, which are hard or impossible to implement in the regular ASP.NET suite. The integration and API models of the controls are also better, due to the common framework they share (RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX are shipped as a single assembly - Telerik.Web.UI.dll.) It is important to note that this new generation of RadControls will work only on ASP.NET 2.0 and later because of the underlying ASP.NET AJAX framework.

Although there are a lot of new features in RadGrid for ASP.NET AJAX some of the functionality from the “classic” ASP.NET version is still the same.  The forum threads in the RadGrid for ASP.NET forum are still relevant if they are in the following areas:

  • DesignTime work with the control
  • Server-side object model and event handling     

If you upgrade your projects from RadGrid for ASP.NET to RadGrid for ASP.NET AJAX we encourage you to refer to this online help article which highlights the most important steps in the migration process.

We hope this is helpful. If you need any assistance in the upgrade process or you have any other questions please contact us.

Best Regards,
Telerik Team

Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 15 Apr 2008
1 answer
179 views
Hiya, I am following the External Edit in RadWindow example here and have been trying to figure out whats wrong with my code.  When I double click an appointment to edit it, about 50% of the time it calls the RadWindow twice for some reason.  Only seems to happen from Day view and Week view modes, but not month view. 

After a while I decided to re-check the demo (normally a good way to see where I screwed up :)) and found it exhibits the same behaviour.

this being the output from fiddler from a single click:

GET /demos/aspnet/prometheus-futures/Scheduler/Examples/RadWindow/AdvancedFormCS.aspx?Mode=Edit&AppointmentId=15&rwndrnd=0.31608744380786535 HTTP/1.1

GET /demos/aspnet/prometheus-futures/Scheduler/Examples/RadWindow/AdvancedFormCS.aspx?Mode=Edit&AppointmentId=15&rwndrnd=0.37927669538742825 HTTP/1.1

I installer fiddler on a second env with IE7 and has same result as IE6.

I found this thread suggesting ReloadOnShow could be the issue and indeed setting it to false appears to solve the double load however if the example injects a RadWindow.Close() into a ScriptPlaceholder (as it does upon save), the next time you click the appointment, it reloads the cached one which immediately closes!

how can I solve this?  ideally I'd keep the benefit of ReloadOnShow=false which seems to very nicely load cached pages, but then how to close the RadWindow?

totally stumped!

regards
ewart
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2008
1 answer
150 views
I want the radscheduler to show specified date appointments instead of todays date. I was doing that like this in page_load event.

If

  Not IsPostBack Then
sDate = DateTime.Parse(Request.QueryString("sDate").ToString())
RadScheduler1.DataSource = CreateDataTable()
RadScheduler1.SelectedDate = sDate
End If

But the problem is with rendering of time headers on the lefthand side of the scheduler. I am seeing the incorrect time header on the scheduler. Not sure whats wrong i am doing

Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2008
1 answer
153 views
Hello.

I put the editor into full-screen mode (by clicking the toolbar button).  I then right-click on an image and go into its properties.  When I return, the scroll bars on the browser window reappear (I'm using Firefox) and I'm able to scroll up the window moving the "full-screen" editor down the page.

Thank you for checking into this.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2008
2 answers
179 views
Is it possible to change the numeric type through javascript?

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2008
8 answers
207 views
I use aradwindowManager on my page. In a "TextChanged" event I want to add a new window to the manager. I use follwing code in code behind:

                    objWindow = New RadWindow  
                    objWindow.ID = "rwSearchShiftNo" 
                    objWindow.OpenerElementID = "lnkSearchShiftno" 
                    objWindow.NavigateUrl = "search.aspx?searchtype=shiftno&show=yes" 
                    objWindow.ClientCallBackFunction = "SearchDialogCallBackFunction" 
                    rwmSearchDialog.Windows.Add(objWindow)  
 

The problem is that when I click nowe on the specified control defined in "OpenerElementId" nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Apr 2008
1 answer
105 views
Hi all,

When I first load my web page, I use the NeedDataSource event to bind my RadGrid to my data source.  This works fine.  But I now added a start date and end date textbox out side of my radGrid.  I also have a button outside of the radgrid.  I want to key in a start and end date and then click the button and re-populate the radgrid.  How can I do this?   Can I call the NeedDataSource event from the button click event?

Thanks,
Bob
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2008
2 answers
252 views
I'm getting an error of "[control].get_value is not a function". I've been trying to hunt down the proper javascript... but everything I've found suggests that the get_value should work.

<script type="text/javascript"> 
 function PreventPostback(sender, eventArgs) 
 { 
    var txtGrossCommission = document.getElementById('<%= radNumCommissionValue0.ClientID %>'); 
    var txtTypeValue = document.getElementById('<%= radNumCommissionValue.ClientID %>_text'); 
    var ddlType = document.getElementById('<%= radComboType.ClientID %>_ClientState'); 
    var txtCommission = document.getElementById('<%= radNumCommissionAmount.ClientID %>'); 
             
    var re1 = new RegExp(".+\"value\":\""); 
    var re2 = new RegExp("\",\"text\".+"); 
     
    var clientValue = ddlType.value.replace(re1, "").replace(re2, ""); 
 
    alert(sender.get_value()); 
    alert(txtGrossCommission.get_value()); 
 
    if(clientValue == "percent") 
    { 
        txtCommission.set_value(txtGrossCommission.get_editValue() * txtTypeValue.get_editValue()/100); 
    } 
    else if(clientValue == "flatrate") 
    { 
        txtCommission.set_value(txtTypeValue.get_editValue()); 
    } 
 } 
</script> 

The first alert works fine; the second alert fails. The Firefox Error Console gives me the error - "txtGrossCommission.get_value is not a function".

I'm obviously missing something - No idea what though. Any help would be great.
Baatezu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 15 Apr 2008
3 answers
93 views
Telerik support,

We have a visual problem that I'm able to recreate on ours and others prometheus editors.  When we choose the spellchecker, it inserts the yellow section above the text body.  The designer and html view icon at the bottom of the editor gets pushed down beyond the frame.  This then creates a visual inconsistency because the icons are floating past it's allocated space.  The control has a fixed height and doesn't modify the height when the additional spellchecker information is inserted.  Is there a fix in the future?  If you require, I could send you a screen shot.

Thank you.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2008
3 answers
261 views

I have a List(Of Customer) and part of the Customer object is a List(Of Order).  I programmatically bind the Customers, using RadGrid1.Datasource = CustomerList.  I want a DetailTable under each Customer row with all Orders.  The examples I've seen use table data sources.  I would expect something like...

Protected Sub RadGrid1_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As   
Telerik.Web.UI.GridItemEventArgs) Handles RadGrid1.ItemDataBound  
If e.Item.ItemType = GridItemType.Item Or e.Item.ItemType =   
GridItemType.AlternatingItem Or e.Item.ItemType = GridItemType.SelectedItem Then   
Dim myCustomer As Customer = e.Item.DataItem  
If myCustomer.hasOrders Then 
'The following is pseudo-code  
e.Item.DetailTable.DataSource = myCustomer.Orders  
e.Item.DataBind()  
End If 
End If 
End Sub 

But that doesn't seem to be how to crack this nut.  Any help is appreciated.
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?