Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
224 views
Hello,

I'm wondering if Telerik team plan to make the validation (Ex.: RequiredFieldValidator) with the value selected in the RadComboBox instead of the selected text like actually?

For sure I can use a CustomValidator but why use a CustomValidator when a RequiredFieldValidator can normally easily do the job.

Thanks for your help

Cedric
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2008
1 answer
57 views

Hi~I'm mocha.
I bought "r.a.d control prometheus" from "yess world( korea)".
I have any question.
Is is possible to get access to the content that gets displayed in the Daterow for the month view?
please, reply. thank you!

I already installed RadControls 'Prometheus' for ASPNET Q1 2008.
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bcccde.aspx

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2008
3 answers
225 views
hi,
In my application, i was using Grid of asp.net.

and using that grid's ResponseScripts I was opening rad window, this way....

grdExams.ResponseScripts.Clear();

grdExams.ResponseScripts.Add(

string.Format("window.radopen({0});", args));


But now I have replaced that grid with Prometheus one. but Prometheus Grid does not support ResponseScripts.

Can any one tell what is the alternative of ResponseScripts in Prometheus grid.

Please help me.
Priya
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2008
1 answer
100 views
I have implemented a custom DB provider. The list resources depends on the value selected in a DropDown.
1) in week/day view, if I change the selected value and then double click to add a new appointment, the list of resources reflects my selection
2) if in advanced insert form and I select another value from the dropdown, the list of resources is refreshed BUT with one selection delay. That is, if I selected USA, then EUROPE, it will show me the selection of USA. Then if I select USA, it will show selection of EUROPE and so on.

Any clue? I am calling Scheduler1.DataBind() in the SelectedIndex_Change event but it does not help.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2008
1 answer
324 views
How can I get back the Width of a RadPane in Percent after a postback?

I am creating the Splitters and Panes dynamically, and on the creation of the Panes, I am specifying their widths in percentages. I have a postback LinkButton that will persist the state of the splitters and panes - but when I access the Width of the panes, they are all specified in pixels -- not percentages.

I checked with firebug, and the width in pixels that is being returned matches the width of the pane in the browser, but I want the width to be in percent not pixels.

Thanks,
Adam
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2008
1 answer
92 views
Has RadDatePicker been set up to work with MultiViewColumns yet? I've got the old Javascript solution for the older version of RadInput + disconnected RadCalendar sitting around, no problem there, but I was hoping to avoid using tricks and hacks with Prometheus.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2008
6 answers
327 views
I love your Scheduler because it makes things so simple. With that in mind, I'd like to keep the default appointment form for the scheduler (so I don't have to rewrite all the controls in a template, such as Recurrence controls). But I was wondering if there was a way to add controls to the Advanced Insert/Edit and then retrieve their values once the Appointment is added/updated?

To be more specific, here's 2 examples:

1) I want to add a checkbox for "Remind Me" to each appointment. Then IF (and only if) they check it, I add a new row to a seperate table in the database.

2) I want to add an extra textbox at the top so there is "Subject" and "Body" to each appointment. How can I add this and retrieve the value later?

Thank You! And keep up the great work!
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2008
1 answer
282 views
Hi there,
I am trying to add a few buttons on my page
Here is code behind of Page_Load event:
(default.aspx.cs)
for (int i = 0; i < totalPages; i++)  
{  
     LinkButton b = new LinkButton();  
     b.Text = // never mind  
     b.CssClass = //never mind  
     b.ID = "spb" + i;  
 
     Panel1.Controls.Add(b);  
     RadAjaxManager1.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(b, RadAjaxPanel1, RadAjaxLoadingPanel1);  
} 
Also in code behind i have the AjaxRequest event handler. This handler updates contents of the RadAjaxPanel1. Running this simple project produce the following code in HTML(please, pay attention to the third argument, it's a _asyncPostBackControlIDs collection of the PageRequestManager):
Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance()._updateControls['tRadAjaxPanel1Panel','tRadAjaxManager1SU'], ['spb0'], [], 90) 
It's obvious that on the current page only 'spb0' control is 'ajaxified'.
Clicking on the LinkButton 'spb0' will proof that statement.
Clicking on the other LinkButtons will generate default postbacks.
Trying to make a little trick with the PageRequestManager i put this code in my default.aspx(at the very end of this file):
<script type="text/javascript">  
        Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance()._updateControls(['tRadAjaxPanel1Panel','tRadAjaxManager1SU'], ['spb0','spb1',...,'spbx'], [], 90);  
</script> 
This code will force all LinkButtons to generate Ajax requests, but unfortunately in code behind only first control 'spb0' generate true AjaxRequest event and return real content of RadAjaxPanel1. All other requests generates no content.
Tracing down all responses i found the following statement in response body:
asyncPostBackControlIDs||spb0| 
So, only the first control created in code behind is able to generate ajax requests...
Simple web project with a controls added to the default page from the toolbox works fine....
Please show where i'm wrong?
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2008
6 answers
202 views
Hi,

Is there a way the RadGrid can be used to drag and drop rows to reorder them? At the moment I use the Reorderlist control in the AJAXControlToolkit but I would prefer to be able to do this with a gridview so my users don't have to go to another page to reorder their records.

Thanks,
Curt.
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2008
2 answers
145 views
I would love the ability to edit some content with the RadEditor, then tell it to save that content as a template.  It would then take the content of the editor and just save it to a file in your templates upload folder.

Is that possible?  If not, would you consider doing this?

Thank you.
LeBear
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?