Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
160 views
Hi,

After install the last version "prometheus future" the next function not work:

GridFilterMenu not found in the class tree.

Thank you.


public

void TraducirMenuFiltrosGrid(RadGrid grid)
{

GridFilterMenu menu = grid.FilterMenu;

foreach (GridMenuItem item in menu.Items)

{

//change the text for the menu item with text StartsWith

switch (item.Text)

{

case "NoFilter":

item.Text =

"Sin Filtro";

break;

case "Contains":

item.Text =

"Que contenga";

break;

case "DoesNotContain":

item.Text =

"Que no contenga";

break;

case "StartsWith":

item.Text =

"Comienza por";

break;

case "EndsWith":

item.Text =

"Finaliza por";

break;

case "EqualTo":

item.Text =

"Igual A";

break;

case "NotEqualTo":

item.Text =

"Distinto de";

break;

case "GreaterThan":

item.Text =

"Mayor que";

break;

case "LessThan":

item.Text =

"Menor que";

break;

case "GreaterThanOrEqualTo":

item.Text =

"Mayor o igual que";

break;

case "LessThanOrEqualTo":

item.Text =

"Menor o igual que";

break;

case "Between":

item.Text =

"Incluido entre";

break;

case "NotBetween":

item.Text =

"No incluido entre";

break;

case "IsEmpty":

item.Text =

"Campo vacio";

break;

case "NotIsEmpty":

item.Text =

"Campo con valor";

break;

case "IsNull":

item.Text =

"Valor nulo";

break;

case "NotIsNull":

item.Text =

"Con valor";

break;

}

}

}

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2008
1 answer
129 views
Hi,

We are getting ready to buy your control for 2-4 developers (to start) and I have been asked to do program a dashboard.

So I am using the 30 day trial period.  And I have gotten so far and now I am trying to understand how to do a complicate thing.

I used the PortalSiteCS demo that was given as a starting point and developed my own Dashboard page.

However, I need to be able to have your Menu Control tied to the DockLayout/Docks controls.  The Docks are Initiating UserControls.

So, a person selects a particular type of dock from the RadMenu.

AJAX wise it goes through adds the dock to the UpdatePanel and flushes javascript wise over to the appropriate zone on the client.

For the client not show this movement on the page the UpdatePanel it wraps it in a div with display:none.

However, I also need my Menu to be updated to not show that item anymore in the list.

Same goes for closing a dock, I need the menu to also be updated  to show the dock that was jsut taken off.

How, can I do this? I have tried several different ways with no success in meeting the basic requirement of updating the menu and not showing the movement of the dock/usercontrol on the screen.

Any Help is greatly appreciated :)

Angela
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2008
9 answers
133 views
There is a weird behavior with the Mac Skin or any other Skin that uses a background image with a fix width. The behavior only happens in IE 7, the control works great with FireFox. Here is a test link.

http://beta.l33tlink.com/testInput.aspx

When you type in something that will go beyond the width of the input, the control's background image will stay at the bottom right, but when you go back to the beginning of your input using the left arrow keyboard key, the background image is lost, since it stays on the bottom right.

Is there a way around this bug?

Thanks,
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2008
2 answers
244 views
I have a grid that has 6 columns on it by default.  I then allow the user to add/remove other columns at run time.  The add works well however if they add a column and then attempt to remove that column only the Header for the column actuall get removed.

Eaxmple the user selects a checkbox that adds State column to a grid.  I add the column, set the datafield and uniquename.  ReBind the grid and all is good.  The user the deselects the State checkbox so I attempt to remove the column by finding that column with the unique name, do a Remove (I have also tried getting column and using RemoveAt) and a rebind.  The header for State is now gone but all the actual rows are still populated with the state data.  If the then attempt to add State again a new column is created with the state info and the previous column now shows System.Collection.Dataobject still with no header.

Any assitance would be welcome.

Thanks
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Apr 2008
6 answers
175 views
If I configure the paths like this:

<DocumentManager ViewPaths="~/content/uploads" UploadPaths="~/content/uploads" DeletePaths="~/content/uploads" MaxUploadFileSize="10485760" />

As soon as I click on the document manager I see the contents of "content/uploads" but if I try to upload something I get this message:

"A file with a name same as the target already exists and you have chosen not to overwrite it!"

To overcome this, before uploading, I have to click on refresh, which takes me back one folder, enter the uploads folder and then upload -- and then it will work.

Peter.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2008
3 answers
236 views

I have a RadGrid on my main page and I created a user control form to edit the data in the Grid. In that user control form I put another RadGrid the form with a GridDropDownColumn.

When you click "Edit" on the main grid, it'll bring up the user control form displaying the second RadGrid with all the items associated with current item that they're editing. Then when user adds an item to the second grid, they can select the item from the dropdown (there are over 60 different choices, and of those 60, you could have 60 items associated with that one item, hence why I went with another RadGrid in the user control form to add/delete).

On my User control form I put another SqlDataSource with a Select * From table Where ItemID = @ItemID

What I'm wondering is, is there a way to return the ItemID from the main Grid to the Grid on the user control form?

So that when you click "Edit" on the main page, it'll pass the ItemID to the user control from the main form and the select statement will only return all the items associated with that ID for the Grid on the user control form.

Thanks,

Brett

Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2008
0 answers
89 views
Re:  The Original Soln, Danny Pronk ..Very Very Nice, Thx Man!!

Now for Probably a bite more than I can chew.
(I need to use it as a File/Folder Explorer,..with physical filecopy or folder (incl files) copy between Servers..So some fso wil be required, but that is not the challenge)

Having had a look at the Grid to Grid Example, with the Overrides Sub RaisePostBackEvent  (but in C#) + its js  (UserControl being the primary reason)
 and then the  The Tree to Tree to Grid Example..

So,.. for an interesting way to learn about EventArgs, JS and drag n drop, (plus hopefully still implementing the Context menus...maybe best done later ).

Would the following be workable??? (using VS2005 and T ctls vers.Q4 2006)

using and amending the js as per the Grid to Grid Example, but defining the dest as a treeview ctl, then implementing the
C# code as per the HandleDrop in the tree to tree example
(either dragging or using the context menu..) Overriding the PostBack, and implementing the drop from there to the treeview,incl positioning the node as per that example.

Arg Structure (delimited) to show the Dest TV Node++ and
Src args as SourceCtl (check a row was selected) , Source's Row+cols (name type Size DateModified).


I guess the TV specific eventarg[s] .  would somehow have to include data (destnode  + position) , and  be cast back from string as per the Grid toGrid example, to RadTreeNodeEventArgs.
Any thoughts help pointers (documented code) :)  would be very welcome.


Neal
Neal
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 16 Apr 2008
0 answers
128 views
when i use radchart, i can't display radchart in MS visual studio 2003, it's not error,
Please tell me How to visual studion 2003 support radchart.
Thanks.
Dung
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 16 Apr 2008
0 answers
907 views
RadComboBox for ASP.NET AJAX is the successor of RadComboBox for ASP.NET. The next generation of RadControls is built entirely on top of ASP.NET AJAX, utilizing its common client-side framework and programming model. RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX introduce a number of new features and performance optimizations, which are hard or impossible to implement in the regular ASP.NET suite. The integration and API models of the controls are also better, due to the common framework they share (RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX are shipped as a single assembly - Telerik.Web.UI.dll.) It is important to note that this new generation of RadControls will work on ASP.NET 2.0, 3.5 and above because of the underlying ASP.NET AJAX framework.

Although there are a lot of new features in RadComboBox for ASP.NET AJAX some of the functionality from the “classic” ASP.NET version is still the same.  The forum threads in the RadComboBox for ASP.NET forum

  • DesignTime work with the control
  • Server-side object model and event handling

If you upgrade your projects from RadComboBox for ASP.NET to RadComboBox for ASP.NET AJAX we encourage you to refer to this online help article.

To get familiar in a fast and pretty straight-forward manner with our web combobox control, I suggest that you visit the online resources linked below:

 
We hope this is helpful.

Best Regards,
Telerik Team
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 16 Apr 2008
1 answer
135 views
I am looking to build a new multi-page applciation from scratch, with menu options defined by each users logon and permissions derived from a database.

Having tried standard ASP.NET controls with master & content pages there appears no easy way of restoring the state of each master page control as the user switches from page1.aspx to page2.aspx etc. SiteMapDataSource works but this seems inflexible.

1) Is there an easy way of acheiving this with Prometheus controls?

2) Are Master/Content pages the way to go (they seem to complicate everything without a huge benefit) or are there better ways of building multi-page sites such as copy/includes? I have cheated and used frames in the past but these cause web security and search engine issues.

Mods please move this to General Discussions
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?