Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
273 views
Hello,

It seems that this sample is out of date, using scriptmanager and updatePanel, could we have a sample using RadAjaxManager ?
Moreover, I find unclear the explanation for the life process od a RadDock in the VisualStudio Documentation :

Workflow: 1). OnInit - ensure that the framework will call TrackViewState, LoadViewState and SaveViewState. We expect that all child docks will be created here. 2). TrackViewState - raise LoadDockLayout event in order to let the developer to supply the initial parents of the registered docks, because the docks could be created with different parents than needed. 2a). LoadViewState - loads and applies the dock parents from the ViewState in order to persist the dock positions between the page postbacks. 3). LoadPostData - returns true to ensure that RaisePostDataChangedEvent() 3a). Dock_DockZoneChanged - this event is raised by each dock in its LoadPostData method. We handle this event and store the pair UniqueName/NewDockZoneID in the _clientPositions Dictionary. This Dictionary will be used in #4. 4). RaisePostDataChangedEvent - sets the parents of the registered docks according their positions, set on the client. These positions are stored in the _clientPositions Dictionary. 5). OnLoad, other events, such as Click, Command, etc. If you create a dock here it will be rendered on the page, but if it is not recreated in the next OnInit, it will not persist its position, set on the client! 6). SaveViewState - stores the dock parents in the ViewState in order to persist their positions between the page postbacks. 7). Page_SaveStateComplete - raises the SaveDockLayout event to let the developer to save the state in a database or other storage medium. Note: The dock parents will be stored in the ViewState if StoreLayoutInViewState is set to true (default). Otherwise the developer should take care of the dock positions when the page is posted back.

 Does it means that the DockLayout event is overwriten using the default option of saving dock positions in ViewState ?
Are the current docks positions automatically updated after RaisePostDataChangedEvent  ?

Thanks for help.

CSurieux
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Apr 2008
3 answers
295 views
I have a PanelBar that I want to occupy 100% browser height and be in FullExpandedItem mode. And I want the PanelBarItem to scroll if there are more items than there are space for. I can't figure out the correct number of chickens to sacrifice to make this work.

I can get a FullExpandedItem mode PB to occupy 100% height but if the number of child items under a root item exceeds the available spac, the root items below it are pushed down off the screen and the whole PanelBar gets a scrollbar.

If you (a) know what the hell I'm talking about and (b) know how to make it happen, please share.

--
Stuart
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Apr 2008
1 answer
194 views
Hi,
i have a subscription and source code license for the classic RadControls, i would like to know if i have the rights to download the source code for the new ajax suite, because the source code is not available in My Licenses/Purchases page.
Thank you.
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Apr 2008
0 answers
681 views
The compatibility layer which was used in the transition beta period is now removed. All client-side methods strictly follow the ASP.NET AJAX conventions and are lower case. For instance:
  • ajaxRequest(eventArgs)/ajaxRequestWithTarget(sender, eventArgs) should always be used from now on (methods/events start with lower case letters)
  • AjaxRequest(eventArgs)/AjaxRequestWithTarget(sender, eventArgs) are no longer supported.

Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 17 Apr 2008
3 answers
329 views
When I tried to use fire() function to execute the editor's command, I found sometimes it did not run, such as: Copy, Cut, Paste, InsertTable, etc. But some command can be run correctly, such as: Bold. Why ? And would you please tell me how to send the command's param in the fire() function ? Thand you very much.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Apr 2008
1 answer
290 views
Hi,

I have a RadGrid with three buttons viz Export to word, Export to Excel, Export to PDF in the aspx page. The buttons contains one line code
RadGrid1.MasterTableView.ExportToWord();
RadGrid1.MasterTableView.ExportToExcel();
RadGrid1.MasterTableView.ExportToPdf();

In the grid column resizing, client side column reordering, row selection, sorting paging is enabled.

I facing following problems while using Export to Pdf and Grid Resizing property

1. I am using export to Pdf function and the property Open in new window is false but the pdf document appears in the current window.
What should i do if I want to directly Download the pdf file.This problem didn't occurred when I used Export to Word and Export to Excel.

2. Resize grid on column resize property is true but it doesn't reflect in  IE 7 but in mozill everything is working fine however, in safari 3.1 resizing columns is not working.

3. Why exported grid data is not arranged in tabular form when exported to pdf. Means i would like to have grid lines in the pdf document.

Please Help me and solve these issues

Regards,
Mohit Tiwari
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Apr 2008
0 answers
645 views
RadTabStrip for ASP.NET AJAX is the successor of RadTabStrip for ASP.NET. The next generation of RadControls is built entirely on top of ASP.NET AJAX, utilizing its common client-side framework and programming model. RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX introduce a number of new features and performance optimizations, which are hard or impossible to implement in the regular ASP.NET suite. The integration and API models of the controls are also better, due to the common framework they share (RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX are shipped as a single assembly - Telerik.Web.UI.dll.) It is important to note that this new generation of RadControls will work only on ASP.NET 2.0, 3.5 and 4.0 because of the underlying ASP.NET AJAX framework.

Although there are a lot of new features in RadTabStrip for ASP.NET AJAX some of the functionality from the “classic” ASP.NET version is still the same.  The forum threads in the RadTabStrip for ASP.NET forum
  • DesignTime work with the control
  • Server-side object model and event handling
If you upgrade your projects from RadTabStrip for ASP.NET to RadTabStrip for ASP.NET AJAX we encourage you to refer to this online help article

To get familiar in a fast and pretty straight-forward manner with our tabstrip control, I suggest that you visit the online resources linked below:


Of course, you can browse the public forum as well to find a specific information/code sample concerning an aspect of the tabstrip object model/ features. There are numerous threads which can get you started/assist you through the development process.

We hope this is helpful. If you need any assistance in the upgrade process or you have any other questions please contact us.

Best Regards,
Telerik Team
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 17 Apr 2008
1 answer
106 views
I am setting the FirstDayOfWeek="Monday" and LastDayOfWeek="Friday" in Month View of Scheduler.  I am using version 2008.1.415, and the dates are not skipping Saturday and Sunday.  Thus, 4/15/2008 is showing up on a Wednesday in Month View.  Is anyone else having this problem?  What have you done to resolve it?  This was not happening before I upgraded to the new version.

Thanks.
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Apr 2008
0 answers
333 views
To get familiar in a fast and pretty straight-forward manner with our tabstrip control, I suggest that you visit the online resources linked below:

Online examples

Online documentation

KB articles

Code library


Of course, you can browse the public forum as well to find a specific information/code sample concerning an aspect of the tabstrip object model/ features. There are numerous threads which can get you started/assist you through the development process.

Finally, we will appreciate your feedback on the structure/content of the online resources - our goal is to continue enriching them, thus facilitating our customers even more.
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 17 Apr 2008
2 answers
104 views
Hi,  Just incase anyone else runs into this problem I'll post it.  This drove me crazy today.  I'm not really sure if this is a charting problem or a tooltip problem.

I have an aspx page with a UserControl I created of a RadChart.  I display two instances of this rad chart.  One whenever the page is viewed and another in a tooltip. The first is located at the top of the page and does not contain labels or any unessecary data.  It's just a pie chart and a legend.  A condensed version I guess you could call it.  Then once the user mouses over the Chart a tooltip pops up displaying the graph with all of the data and variables.  Please note the the ToolTip animation mode was set to Fade.

Now the problem.  It worked fine when the page loads.  However if I go into edit mode in the grid and then click the save button (to come out of edit mode) I kept receiving a Stack Overflow error.  On the save button event I had to recreate the charts incase some of the data was changed in the grid.  The charts are directly related to the grid.

I narrowed the problem down to the fact that I was using the "Fade" tooltip animation mode.  The Stack Overflow would only occur if I immediately went from viewing the tooltip to clicking the edit button on the grid.  If I came to may page and did not view the tooltip and then clicked the edit button I would not recieve the error.  Once I stopped using the "Fade" animation mode my page started to work correctly.  I am assuming it has something to do with the tooltip still being in memory somewhere.

Anyways, I just wanted to point that out and hope it helps someone else who may find themselves in the same position.
Thomas Salt
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?