Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
185 views
Do we get the upgrade to the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX?  We purchased the subscription option on 11/14/2007.

Thanks,

Brian
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Apr 2008
1 answer
469 views
This was fine in the Q3 release of the toolkit:

        <telerik:RadSplitter ID="rsMain" runat="server" Orientation="Horizontal" Width="100%" Height="100%" Skin="Vista">  
            <telerik:RadPane ID="rpToolbar" runat="server" Scrolling="None" Width="100%" Height="30">  
                <center> 
                <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%">  
                    <tr> 
                        <td align="right">  
                            <telerik:RadToolbar ID="rtTools" runat="server" Skin="Vista" OnClientButtonClicked="onMainToolbarClientClicked" Width="100%">  
                                <Items> 
                                    <telerik:RadToolbarButton runat="server" Text="Search" Value="Search" ImageUrl="images/find.gif" Visible="True"/>  
                                    <telerik:RadToolbarButton runat="server" Text="Administrative Tools" Value="Admin" Visible="True" /> 
                                    <telerik:RadToolbarButton runat="server" Text="Administrative Auditing" Value="AdminAudit" Visible="True"/>  
                                </Items> 
                            </telerik:RadToolbar> 
                        </td> 
                    </tr> 
                </table> 
                </center> 
            </telerik:RadPane> 
 

This would align the toolbar on the right hand side of the window.  This no longer works.  The toolbar is aligned on the left.

Please advise.
Shaun Peet
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 18 Apr 2008
3 answers
223 views
Hello All,

Anyone else facing this problem.
2008.1.415.35 build

I cant see the Toolbox items in VS2008 (for both the 20 and 35 framework)
When i run the tool it goes through fine but dosent do any thing
When i try to install it manually i get
"There was an error loading types from assembly 'C:\program files\telerik\RadControls for ASPNET AJAX Q1 2008\Bin35\Telerik.web.ui.dll'
could not load file or assembly for 'System.web, version=2.0.0.0
....

Using vista 32 bit business edition.
It works fine in win2003 server with vs2008

The prev version Prometheus worked fine on vista till this morning :(



Thanks in advance.
Regards
KM
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Apr 2008
3 answers
150 views
Hi

do you have treeview with demostrate treeview loaded from sql, some child node load on demand, refresh treeview from sql and keep expanded state for the node, and node click to display a gridview?
Zhengmao
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Apr 2008
3 answers
168 views
Hi,

For my RadScheduler control I have on the page, within the AppointmentTemplate tag I have a Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater defined.

In the AppointmentCreated event, I get a handle on the repeater and bind a datasource to this and call databind.

However on any postbacks the repeaters lose their state. IIRC the Repeater control manages it viewstate between postbacks.

The only way I've been able to get round this issue is to databind the scheduler control on every postback, which is not desirable.

Can you suggest anything?

Regards

John
Charles
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Apr 2008
2 answers
191 views
Hi all,

I have been at this for half a day now but can't seem to get it to work.

I have 2 sets of data, A and B of which the B has a foreignkey relation to A and has a self referring foreign key.
What I want to achieve is that the mastertableview is populated with the data from  A and each record has self-referencing detailtables populated with the data from B. But that doesn't seem to work.

When I load the data from B into a self-referencing mastertableview, as shown in the examples, the data shows hierarchical.
But when I try my grid (shown below) and load the DetailTableView with the correct datasource using the DetailTableDataBind event the detailtable shows all the data as one level and not hierarchical and each row does have a expand icon which when clicked opens a "No Data Found" detail table.

<rad:RadGrid id="grid1" runat="server" AllowSorting="true" AllowPaging="false" Width="100%"> 
    <ClientSettings AllowExpandCollapse="true"> 
        <Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="true" ScrollHeight="100%" /> 
        <ClientEvents OnGridCreated="ResizeGrid"  /> 
    </ClientSettings> 
    <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="Id"> 
        <DetailTables> 
            <rad:GridTableView 
              HierarchyDefaultExpanded="false" 
              FilterExpression="SfpId = 0" 
              ShowHeader="false" 
              AllowSorting="False" 
              width="100%" 
              ShowHeadersWhenNoRecords="false" 
              EnableNoRecordsTemplate="false" 
              DataKeyNames="Id,SfpId"> 
                <SelfHierarchySettings ParentKeyName="SfpId" KeyName="Id" /> 
                <columns> 
                    <rad:GridBoundColumn DataField="Title" /> 
                </columns> 
            </rad:GridTableView> 
        </DetailTables> 
        <Columns> 
            <rad:GridBoundColumn DataField="Title" /> 
        </Columns> 
    </MasterTableView> 
</rad:RadGrid> 

To me it seems that the the FilterExpression for a detail GridTableView is not used or does not work. Or is what I'm trying to achieve not possible at all? Or am I doing something else wrong?

I'm using the Q1 2008 futures build.

Thanx for the help.

Regards,
J-P
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Apr 2008
1 answer
391 views
I have just updated my prometheus controls to the newly released version.  Previously I had a grid that had buttons in its footer to allow exports.  I had to do the following to get the buttons to get outside the "Ajax Panel" to cause a full postback:

protected void RadGrid1_ItemCreated(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e) 
        { 
            if (e.Item is GridEditableItem && e.Item.IsInEditMode) 
            { 
                GridEditFormItem item = (GridEditFormItem)e.Item; 
                RadEditor editor1 = (RadEditor)item["Notes"].Controls[0]; 
                try 
                { 
                    (e.Item.FindControl("UpdateButton") as ImageButton).Attributes.Add("onclick", "saveEditorContent('" + editor1.ClientID + "');"); 
                } 
                catch 
                { 
                    (e.Item.FindControl("PerformInsertButton") as ImageButton).Attributes.Add("onclick", "saveEditorContent('" + editor1.ClientID + "');"); 
                } 
            } 
            if (e.Item is GridFooterItem) 
            { 
                ImageButton btnExcel = (e.Item as GridFooterItem).FindControl("btnExcel") as ImageButton; 
                ImageButton btnWord = (e.Item as GridFooterItem).FindControl("btnWord") as ImageButton; 
 
                ScriptManager sc = ScriptManager.GetCurrent(Page); 
                sc.RegisterPostBackControl(btnExcel); 
                sc.RegisterPostBackControl(btnWord); 
 
            } 
            if (e.Item is GridDataItem) 
            { 
                ImageButton showProfile = (e.Item as GridDataItem).FindControl("showItem") as ImageButton; 
 
                ScriptManager sc = ScriptManager.GetCurrent(Page); 
                sc.RegisterPostBackControl(showProfile); 
            } 
        } 

This worked fine but with the newest build I find that it no longer works.  Is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks


Curt
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Apr 2008
2 answers
122 views
Why does the RadAjaxPanel support both an attribute called "ClientEvents-OnRequestStart" and a child element <ClientEvents> that, in turn, has an attribute "OnRequestStart"?

I ask in the spirit of enquiry.

Is there one we should favour over the other?

--
Stuart
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Apr 2008
8 answers
154 views
When I use GroupSettings.Height I am consistently getting a javascript framework error. 

Error: get_childListElement() is null or not an object

This doesn't happen in the RadQ3 2007 version.  Is this  a known problem, is there a workaround?

Thanks,
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Apr 2008
3 answers
245 views
I have created a context menu for my Tree View, and one of the items is an edit command.  With javascript, I am able to toggle the startEdit() command, and the node will go into edit mode.  However, almost instantly, the node will exit edit mode.

javascript:
<script type="text/javascript"> 
     function onClientContextMenuItemClicked(sender, args) 
                { 
                    var menuItem = args.get_menuItem(); 
                    var treeNode = args.get_node(); 
 
                    switch(menuItem.get_value()) 
                    { 
                        case "Edit": 
                            treeNode.get_treeView()._startEdit(treeNode); 
                            break; 
                    } 
                } 
    </script> 

ASPX:

<telerik:RadTreeView OnClientContextMenuItemClicked="onClientContextMenuItemClicked" ...> 
   <ContextMenus> 
      <telerik:RadTreeViewContextMenu ...> 
         <Items> 
            <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" ExpandMode="ClientSide" Value="Edit" Text="Edit Node"> 
               <GroupSettings ExpandDirection="Auto" Flow="Vertical" /> 
            </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
         </Items> 

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?  This code is near cut-and-paste from the Prometheus examples.

Edit: It's also probably worth of note that the RadTreeView is wrapped inside a RadPane, which is inside a RadSplitter, inside of an UpdatePanel ^^;
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?