This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Scrolling & 100% Height

3 Answers 171 Views
PanelBar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dan asked on 17 Apr 2008, 12:12 PM
I have a PanelBar that I want to occupy 100% browser height and be in FullExpandedItem mode. And I want the PanelBarItem to scroll if there are more items than there are space for. I can't figure out the correct number of chickens to sacrifice to make this work.

I can get a FullExpandedItem mode PB to occupy 100% height but if the number of child items under a root item exceeds the available spac, the root items below it are pushed down off the screen and the whole PanelBar gets a scrollbar.

If you (a) know what the hell I'm talking about and (b) know how to make it happen, please share.

--
Stuart

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Shaun Peet
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 Apr 2008, 01:44 PM
Hi Stuart,

I get what you're saying and I'm not sure how to fix it, but I have an idea.  How about using a ItemTemplate for each of the root PanelBarItems and setup a div in the template to control whether or not scrollbars are available?  It sounds like a messy idea to me but I suppose it'll depend on your implementation.

Shaun
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Apr 2008, 01:52 PM
I see where you're going. Nice thinking.

How, without setting an explicit height for the template, would I stop the PanelBar just setting it's height as it does now though?

In principle, I think I could do it as the root items are fixed for the life of the app; it's only the child items that vary.

<thinks/>
I'd have to do something nasty like visiting each child item, getting its height and setting the template height to the sum. Ick!

--
Stuart
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Apr 2008, 02:37 PM
[Deleted by author, 'cos he's a twit]

--
Stuart
Tags
PanelBar
Asked by