Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
84 views
I am new to this so I am assuming this is something simple (I'm a winform developer who was assigned a web project...)

On a RadAjaxPanel I am trying to add a RadDatePicker control but the DatePopupButton is too big (about 3-4 times bigger than the input box) and I can't seem to resize it.

-George
George
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Apr 2008
1 answer
261 views

Greetings!

I'm developing a little Web application and use the RadDock as my base classes. I override OnPreRender and Render for RadDockZone.

What I'm trying to do is dynamically add the RadDockLayout based on a column structure; I mean, I have a button to add a RadDockLayout to my default ASP.NET page, and I pass a column count, with this I create my RadDockZones. If I pass 2 columns, the RadDockLayout will have 2 RadDockZones. Everything is fine here, the problem comes when I want to add a RadDock to any of my RadDockZones. I use this as guide to my code.

  1. The page is loaded, then I type the Id of the RadDockLayout and asign it a number of columns, then I click the button and create them. The RadDockLayout is inside an UpdatePanel (updater). The zones are shown in the page fine.
  2. I add a RadDock to any zone and when goes to the OnPreRender in my RadDockZone derived class it throws the exception.

When I'm debugging and reach for the overriden OnPreRender in the RadDockZone derived class, in the line of base.OnPreRender( e ),  it throws a System.InvalidOperationException: Script controls may not be registered after PreRender.

Here is some code in the RadDockZone derived class:

protected

override void OnPreRender( EventArgs e )
{
    if ( !DesignMode )
    {
        ScriptManager scriptManager = ScriptManager.GetCurrent( base.Page );

        if
( scriptManager == null )
            
throw new HttpException();

        
scriptManager.RegisterScriptControl( this );
    
}

    base
.OnPreRender( e ); // The exception occurs here, after I add a RadDock.
}

Code in the Default.aspx.cs:

protected

void btnAddRdDockDerived_Click( object sender, EventArgs e )
{
    var rdLayoutDerived = PageState;
    var rdDockDerived= CreateRdDockDerived( txtRddDerivedName.Text );

    rdLayoutDerived.Zones[
0].DocksDerived.Add( widget );
    rdDockDerived.Dock( rdLayoutDerived.Zones[0] );

    CreateSaveStateTrigger( widget );
    PageState = rdLayoutDerived ;
}

protected

override void OnPreRender( EventArgs e )
{
    base.OnPreRender( e );
    
    var
rdLayoutDerived = PageState;

    if
( rdLayoutDerived != null )
    
{
        updater.ContentTemplateContainer.Controls.Add( rdLayoutDerived );
        PageState = rdLayoutDerived ;
    }
}

PageState is a property that saves the RadDockLayout and its children in the session.

I thank to any help that anyone can give me.

Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Apr 2008
4 answers
143 views
The get_Collapsed() function is no longer working with the latest release.  It causes a full post back and never makes it past that call.

Thank you,


David
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Apr 2008
2 answers
96 views
Hey guys,

You had originally given me a snippet of code to use a couple of shared calendars I had created for the date picker popups on the advanced edit form of the scheduler.

You had me tie it to the FormCreated event and referenced the date pickers using _startDate and _endDate as the names. This worked great in Prometheus, but it no longer works in 2008.1.

I can't seem to find if the object names have changed to something else or if I have to do this in a different way now. If you can let me know when you get a chance, that would be great. Thanks.
Philip Senechal
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Apr 2008
1 answer
70 views
Dear Telerik,

when i disable embedded js and have script references to Telerik scripts, this line in RadPane.js causes a javascript error:

this._contentElement=$get("RAD_SPLITTER_PANE_CONTENT_"+this.get_id());

Thanks,


Simon


Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Apr 2008
1 answer
87 views
Hi,

I have definded some Wiki-Styles to the cssEditor.css

e.g.

".noteimportant{-moz-border-radius-bottomleft:20px;-moz-border-radius-bottomright:20px;-moz-border-radius-topleft:20px;-moz-border-radius-topright:20px;background-position:20px 50%;background-repeat:no-repeat;border-collapse:collapse;clear:both;margin:2em auto;min-height:40px;padding:15px 20px 15px 80px;text-align:justify;vertical-align:middle;background-color:#ffc;background-image:url(CSSImages/important.png);"


I enterd the following text in HTML-View...

"1st line
2nd line"

...and applied the style .notewarning

The Editor creates the following Code:
"
<p> </p><font class="notewarning">1st line<br />2nd line</font>
"

The result doesn't look nice in HTML-View
After I replace "font" with "div" all looks nice(as expected)


How can I configure the editor, to create different Tags with different styles?

e.g.

for styles like "div.styleNAMExyz{background-color:red;}" the editor creates "<div class="styleNAMExyz">1st line<br />2nd line</div>"
and for styles like "font.styleNAMExyz{background-color:red;}" the editor creates "<font class="styleNAMExyz">1st line<br />2nd line</font>"

Best would be dynamic, for styles like "tagNameXYZ.styleNAMExyz{background-color:red;}"
the editor creates  "<tagNameXYZ class="styleNAMExyz">1st line<br />2nd line</tagNameXYZ>"

Maybe it's all about configuration.
Or you add this feature to your next version?


kind regards,
Andreas
George
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Apr 2008
1 answer
148 views
Hi there, when i put Radcombobox in Radwindow, the childs expand Y position is correct for Firefox, but not IE. i can solve it by detect the client browser and set a OffsetY to a constant that will display correctly, but i think that's should be how the problem solved.
any idea? thanx
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Apr 2008
3 answers
153 views
I wish to change the background color of skin sunset of grid. I then modified the following


.GridCommandRow_Sunset
{
    background: #00FFFF none no-repeat 0 -1197px;
    color: #fff;
}

However, when I fresh my page, it does not take up the new setting and is always showing the original color. How do I make this work?
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Apr 2008
1 answer
166 views
Dear Telerik,

We have been developing a RIA for the last couple of months. Recently it was tested form a location in England (with our development servers in Australia).

The results are disturbing as the page load is far longer (say 10-12 seconds) than we are getting from locations here in Australia. I have been using Firebug in an attempt to see what is happening and am convinced the problem is with multiple requests being sent back to our server to retrieve the embedded rsources. My reasons for this are:
1. Page loads are much faster (3 sec) when the Telerik controls are removed.
2. Page loads are faster if IE "check for newer versions of stored pages" is set to never.
3. Firebug color codes the network traffic in a lighter gray if it is saticefied by cache - this is not happening - .axd based resources are still the darker colour.

I have checked the response header using Firebug and the Cache-Control is set to Public.

The way the app is structured, the page content that contains Telerik controls is loaded into a dynamically added IFRAME element - does this have any ag=ffect on caching ? I am not adding any of my own headers, but i have added the following to the web.config :

 <system.web.extensions>
  <scripting>

   <scriptResourceHandler enableCompression="true" enableCaching="true"/>
  </scripting>

 </system.web.extensions>

 <compilation debug="false">

Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Apr 2008
1 answer
64 views
I really like this style.  Unlike the other ones the status bar was low contrast and did not take the users attention away from the content window.

What do I have to do to keep using this skin for the next release Q2?


Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?