This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Deploying RadControls Q1 2008 on DiscountASP.net

4 Answers 120 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
John asked on 18 Apr 2008, 03:08 AM

What's the procedure for deploying Telerik controls on DiscountASP.net? I'm using Telerik ASP Q1 2008 (formerly prometheus) and I would like to makesure I'm doing it right.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Apr 2008, 04:57 AM
Hi
I dont think you need to do anything special.
As long as you have the telerik.web.ui.dll in your local bin folder you should be good to go.
I am assuming you have your own copy of the telerik suite. installed on you local dev machine, then you build your project and publish it to a precompiled location on your local drive ) it will remove all .cs or .vb files and just leave all the .aspx files and the code-behind all compiled as dlls in bin folder along with any other dlls u have (telerik included in this case)
then you take the whole folder from your precompiled folder and ftp it to the discount asp.net site. The bin folder will have the proper dlls
I have done the same in the past and this q1 should be no diff. 
Thanks to Telerik
Let me know if u need details.

Cheers
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Apr 2008, 01:59 PM
This is the error that I am getting after I publish and go to view the site:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Peter
Telerik team
answered on 21 Apr 2008, 03:53 PM
Hello John,

Could you please make sure that your host supports Framework 3.5? What version of the the .NET framework did you use to develop your project?

Kind regards,
Peter
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
chowbang
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Apr 2008, 06:00 PM
I have the same problem. Things were working ok with build 2007.03.1425.20, but when I upgraded to the RTM build, it complained about 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0. Previously, it was using System.Web.Extensions version 1.0.61025.

I'm using asp.net 2.0 and Visual Studio 2008.  I made sure to grab the Telerik.Web.UI.dll from the non-3.5 directory. Is 3.5 required? Thanks.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 1
John
Top achievements