Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
0 answers
115 views

Has anyone used and successfully deployed an application that requires the entry and rendering of extended, printable characters in the browser?  I have a client with such a requirement but without an extensive prototype test I wondered if any of you have had gotchas and suggestions.  They currently use a fat client to maintain and would love to make web-based.  I posted this to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet as well.  Do the telerik controls have a special rendering for such a beast?

Thanks in advance.

Doug

Doug Odegaard
Top achievements
Rank 2
 asked on 30 Apr 2008
5 answers
95 views
I'm running into some javascript errors in the DateTimePicker control when attempting to use multiple datatime picker controls in a panel.

It might actually be the same bug talked about here: Issue
(http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bbcabc.aspx)

I tried to follow what was recommended in this post but was still not able to resolve the issue.

I've put together a sample project explaining, and demonstrating, the problems I'm having. You can download it from here: Get Sample (http://cid-f662faad8b260b52.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/DateTime%20Picker%20Errors.zip)

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions I would appreciate it greatly.
Philip
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Apr 2008
2 answers
234 views
Hello:

I have sucessfully bound my radScheduler control to a custom business object.  I can create, edit and delete appointments.  However, when I create an appointment, it always shows up with the recurring icon. The RecurrenceParentID and the RecurrenceRule is set to null in the database.  Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?


Thanks
mdonato
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Apr 2008
1 answer
113 views
Is there a way to set a visible date range when in month view.  Our users would like to see a 2 or 3 week time span in month view.

Thanks.
Shanda
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2008
2 answers
169 views

I built a calendar where I create a link button as a day's contents using a class derived from ITemplate.

This works fine.

Some of the days in the current month have events in them so I highlight these by setting the background image like this:

LinkButton link = new LinkButton();
link.ID = day.Date.ToString("MM/dd/yyyy");
link.Text = day.Date.Day.ToString();
link.ToolTip = day.ToolTip;
// Is there an event on this day?
if (bEvent)
{
    link.Style.Add("background", "url(" + SkinImagePath + "HoverBg.gif) left top no-repeat");
}
// Build the command parameters for this link.
link.Command += new CommandEventHandler(onDayClick);
link.CommandName = "ShowDay";
link.CommandArgument = day.Date.ToShortDateString();
CalendarCellContentTemplate template = new CalendarCellContentTemplate(calendar, day.Date, link);

I believe I got the method from another posting is this forum.  The problem is with the highlighted line.  It works fine with a skin such as Web20 but it looks wrong with other skins.  I looked in the skin CSS files and saw why.  For Web20 the background image is as big as a cell and so is not repeated.  With other skins the background image is very narrow and repeated on X.  Some other skins don't even have a "HoverBG.gif".

I want to allow my users to be able to select whichever skin they like so I want to know if there's a higher-level way of doing this?  Is there some property I can set?

Note, I also use the method described in this forum to disable hover so only the event days have this appearence:

Literal js = new Literal();
js.ID = "JavaScriptLiteral";
js.Text = "<script type=\"text/javascript\">\nwindow.onload = function()\n{\nRadCalendarNamespace.RenderDay.prototype.ApplyHoverBehavior = function(){return false;};\n}\n</script>\n";
Controls.Add(js);

Thank you.

Missing User
 answered on 30 Apr 2008
3 answers
387 views
Hi,

I want to disable the Add New Record button and just leave the Edit and Insert buttons.  I have tried disabling AllowAutomaticDeletes but the button is still there in the header region.  I cant see anything declaratively which would allow me to hide this.

I am using the Outlook2007 skin and the add button appears above the headers.

Thanks in advance
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 Apr 2008
13 answers
206 views
Hi,

I'm trying to change the pager mode on my grid from the default PrevNext to Numeric only. but it makes no difference what I do to it. Advanced, slider, whatever. When I run the site, I just continue to see the default PrevNext at the bottom. Am I missing some step?

Thanks,
Kia
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2008
3 answers
232 views
Hi,
Ive been having a problem with the following scenario. Ive got a Radgrid that fits the page in with. Some of the columns have fixed width, like dates and values, and some like names don't have widths. So I set the width of the grid to 100% in hope that the columns with no width have there size determined by the content, if they dont have enought space they can wrap or simply use the "..." in the end of the text. And if the content is too small, the remaining space should be distributed evenly among the columns that dont have widths. It seams that instead of that the widths are calculated simply using an expression similar to:
(container size - total fixed columns width)/# of columns that dont have widths.
So each of the columns with calculated widths receives that value of that expression so all of them have the same size and the content is not taken into account.
Althought I dont like that behavior I can live with that. But my real problem lies with the scrolling. Since I know the grid will fit in width, there should never be a horizontal scroll bar. But I need the contant not to be paged. The reason is that have sumeries in the footer, that are generated on the client, in real time as the grid values are edited, so all the data must be available in the client at any time, or else the summeries will only be valid for the page and thats not the indeed behavior for my bussiness rules. Having a page with limited size, I have  to set a scrollheight or a grid height and use the vertical scrolling in order to fit all the content. The problem happens when the data exceeds the height enabling vertical scroll. I expected the width of the scroll it self to be taken from all or one of the columns that dont have fixed widths. So that way the scroll would fit in the grid and not cause a horizontal scroll to show. Instead the grid displays the horizontal scroll width a scrolling space equals to the size of the vertical scrollbar. That is not intended to happen, and causes problem for the user to visualize the data since he has to be scrolling up and down and side to side to see the content. Now I can also live with this, its only realy anoing but its still usable.
Now the thing that I cant realy live with is that there is a bug in the code that generates the horizontal scroll when I have fixed headers. To me it doenst make any sense having vertical scroll without fixed headers since after scrolling to user is forced to remember what the columns stand for and when your working with a finacial application, as Im am right now, you simply have lots of value columns that look pretty much the same like:
name    05/02/08    45,345.45    5.4545,34    454.435.45    3,343.00

How is the user suposed to know what those values stand for?

So fixed header is a must. Having said that I will quickly describe the bug. The way I wanted the vertical scroll to show actualy happens when the header is fixed. Some columns that dont have fixed widths give space for the vertical bar. The problem is that the same doenst happen to the grid body. So the header fits the width, the body doesnt causing the columns not be allined with the headers. To make thing worst you can still scroll the body with the horizontal scroll, and that doesnt even bother the header since its already fiting to the width.

The bug is very easy to replicate. All you need to do is use a grid that fits the width and has enough rows to cause vertical scrolling. I dont know if have fixed and non fixed widths columns togather makes any diference. What I do know is that the bug is so easily replicated that it even show in the online demos.

http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Grid/Examples/Client/VirtualScrollPaging/DefaultCS.aspx

Just look at the second grid in this demo. Move the horizontal scroll around.

Thank for reading, sory for the long message.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2008
1 answer
153 views
 

Hi Telerik:

 I am gonna simplify the problem.

Basically, there is a combobox inside of a  treeview like the  demo example.

The problem is the the combobox is inside of a radpanelbar. nad when i try to get
the object (the treeview by code, i get null)

so i try to get the instance in the following way:

TelerikQ1.

RadTreeView rtvgroupscombobox = (RadTreeView)

_rpbproductgroups_.FindItemByValue(

"_rpiproductgroups_").FindControl("_ctlparent_").FindControl("_rtvgroupscombobox_");

where :

rpbproductgroups is a Radpanelbar

rpiproductgroups is a Radpanelitem

_ctlparent_ is a combobox

_rtvgroupscombobox_ is a treeview

rtvgroupscombobox  is the object where i keep the treeview


or this other way : 


TelerikQ1.

RadTreeView _rtvgroupscombobox_ = (RadTreeView)

_rpbproductgroups_.FindItemByValue(

"_rpiproductgroups_").

FindControl(

"_rtvgroupscombobox_");

where : 

rpbproductgroups is a Radpanelbar

rpiproductgroups is a Radpanelitem

_rtvgroupscombobox_ is a treeview

rtvgroupscombobox  is the object where i keep the treeview



But it is always null.

How can i get it.

Regards.Pepito

Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2008
3 answers
198 views
Hi,

Simple question: why when I am allowed to set the GridDataItem ID in the ItemDataBound event of RadGrid, does it then get overwritten with a numeric ID specifying its position within the grid when it is rendered?  Is it possible to stop this behaviour and have my own ID?

Thanks.

if (e.Item is Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataItem)  
{  
    e.Item.ID = "Whatver";  
}  
 
 
 
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?