Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
291 views
Hello,

Our events/appointment application has a custom implementation for recurrence.  We are not using the iCalendar standard - we are using our own format.

With that said, I've been trying to bind our data to your scheduler and have almost had a successful merger.  When appointment modification need to take place I'm redirecting the user to our already established page where they can build their appointment.  Afterwards I simply rebind the schedulers current viewable timeframe.

The way I've bound the recurring events is simple.  I have 2 boolean values in my datasource "IsRecurring" and "IsException".  On the AppointmentCreated event I'm manually checking these custom attributes and then assigning the appointment recurrence state accordingly.  By doing this however I'm leaving the recurrence rule / parent Id fields null.

I have everything working the way I want short of being able move / resize / delete appointments right on the scheduler.  For most operations I get a "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." alert box showing.  When deleting I get "Cannot parse parentAppointment rule during delete operation.".

I can only surmise that this means that it is required to provide a valid iCalendar recurrence rule to the appointments for these operations to work by default.

My question is - is there a work around?

Thank you.
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2008
1 answer
125 views
Hi,

I want to use a combobox and radio buttons to display and select custom attributes in the Scheduler Advanced Edit form. I want to fill the combo box with values depending upong the selection of the radio buttons.

Any ideas / examples on how to go about this?

Thanks
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2008
0 answers
144 views
I'd like to use my RadMenu to show the SiteMapDataSource contents, and further be able to style the individual buttons using CSS. This requires that I be able to set the ID of each <li> generated by the menu. I can include the ID in the Web.SiteMap xml and if I was using a basic repeater could then just bind the LI id attribute to that value. Is there a way to declaratively bind the ID property of each LI generated by the rad menu to a property of its datasource item?

Here is how it works with a repeater:

   <ItemTemplate><li id='<%# ((SiteMapNode)Container.DataItem)["id"]  %>'>&nbsp;</li>
       </ItemTemplate>
        </asp:Repeater>

If I have to achieve the same result by building the rad item template myself, then the menu doesn't really give me anything the repeater didn't. I was hoping to start using the menu more generally, but in this first instance I seem to have already found an exception where it can't replace my standard code.

Thanks!

James
James
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 30 Apr 2008
4 answers
274 views
Hi, grreetings, 
I have a Rad toolbar with with 5-7 buttons. couple of buttons like new, print, help work only client side and the client side click event opens up rad windows. the rest of the buttons do some server side work. there is one button (Delete), that requires a Rad Comfirm dialog to come up and on confirmation (OK) the javascript should let the button do server side code, (if Cancel it should just stop and return. ).

here is my Toolbar defination:

<rad

:RadToolbar ID="MainToolbar" runat="server" ButtonWidth="26px"

style="margin-bottom: 0px" ononclick="MainToolbar_OnClick"

AutoPostBack="True">

attchment of the client Side event handler:

window[userToolbar].attachEvent("OnClientClick","User_Toolbar_Click_Handler");

here is my Client Siode Javascript function: 
var returnValue;

function User_Toolbar_Click_Handler(sender, e)
{
/// Toolbar Event handler of the user.aspx page.
    switch(sender.CommandName)
    {
        case 'New':
        window.radopen("DetailPages/UserDetails.aspx?isNew=true&userId=-1","PropertiesWindow");
        return false;
        break;
        case 'ImportUsers':
        doImportUsers();
        return false;
        break;
        case 'Delete':
        doDeleteUsers();
        return returnValue;

        break;
        default :
        radalert('Option not ready', '', 150,"Message");
        return false;
    }
    return false;
}
function doImportUsers()
{
  radconfirm('Are you sure you want to import Users from the LDAP store?', importUsersCallBack, 330, 100); 
} 
function doDeleteUsers()
{
  radconfirm('Are you sure you want to Delete User?', deleteCallBack, 330, 100);
} 
   function deleteCallBack(arg)  
   {  
       returnValue = arg;
   } 


Question: either it does the client side code or it does ther server side code. never both together. what else is required to get the toolbar to work as we need it to?

Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2008
3 answers
544 views
Hello, I am trying to export a grid to Excel. I can't seem to get the headers to not center. Even if I align left, they still export centered.

Is this a bug? Please see below. I"m using VS2008, .net 3.5 and Prometheus

<telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="FullName"

FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Name"

UniqueName="FullName">

<HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter"

FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None"

HeaderText="Vehicle" UniqueName="TemplateColumn">

<ItemTemplate>

<asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server"

Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "VehicleYear") + " " + DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "MakeLabel") + " " + DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Model") %>'></asp:Label>

</ItemTemplate>

<HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="Phone1"

FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Phone"

UniqueName="Phone1">

<HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="StepLabel"

FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Step"

UniqueName="StepLabel">

<HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>


And have this in my code-behind....

RadGridCallList.DataBind();

RadGridCallList.ExportSettings.ExportOnlyData =

false;

RadGridCallList.ExportSettings.OpenInNewWindow =

false;

RadGridCallList.ExportSettings.IgnorePaging =

true;

RadGridCallList.MasterTableView.ExportToExcel();

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2008
0 answers
126 views
Hi all
In the detailView control'd template, I am using a RadComboBox with its SelectedValue binded.
When the binded column in the dataSource returns NULL it throws an exception. Is there a way to setup the RadCombo so to display nothing (empty string) when the binded value is NULL (Database null or .NET nullable type)?
Mohamed
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 30 Apr 2008
1 answer
187 views
If the ImagesPath property value does not end in a forward slash, a backslash is use to concantenate the ImagePath value with the filename of the image.  This is wrong.

For the PagerStyle, the PrevPageText and NextPageText property values should HTML encode the values.  Otherwise putting in "&lt;" or "&gt;" as values actually renders a "<" or a ">", breaking XHTML compliance.

There's still no equivalent to the "HtmlEncode" property available for the GridBoundColumn.  This makes the GridBoundColumn effectively useless since it allows XSS attacks.
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2008
1 answer
163 views

Hi All,
I've discovered a bit of an issue with the RadGrid control, when it's used inside a RadSplitter.  I'm using the latest version of the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX (.NET 2.0).

The (very) basic layout of the page is as follows:
One RadSplitter comprising of two Panes, with the left most pane containing a RadSlidingZone and then two RadSlidingPanes inside that. 

If I put a RadGrid (which uses EnableVirtualScrollPaging=True) inside one of the RadSlidingPanes, the scrolling functionality of the grid fails to work correctly - when the grid page changes the scrollbar resets to the top.  I know that the grid works correctly outside of the RadSlidingPane and I have tested this in various scenarios with success.

Has anyone come across this before?  Is there any known fix for this issue?

Cheers,

Aidan 

Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2008
1 answer
394 views
Hi, all:

what is the difference of RadScriptManager and asp:ScriptManager?

I used it like this, and it worked:

<asp:ScriptManager ID="smManager" runat="server"></asp:ScriptManager>
<telerik:RadDatePicker ID="rdpDate" runat="server"></telerik:RadDatePicker>

Stanley

Ivo
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2008
3 answers
143 views
I would like to change the RadEditor skin according to the themes in the sharepoint.

The default themes provided in the Rad Editor does not suit the sharepoint themes.

Can you clearly explain the procedure how to change the skin according to the sharepoint themes.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?