Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
122 views
Does RadTab client object contains a method to get the PageViewID?
Server side is able to set RadTab.PageViewID, I wonder if Client side object can retrieve the same PageViewID value.

Chris
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 01 May 2008
5 answers
386 views
Hi all,

I have a GridTableView which shows all the rows for an associated MasterTableView.  I also made some columns in the GridTable as editable.  In fact, i have this setup as full-screen editing.  So the user can change 20 rows at once.  I created an ASP:LinkButton outside of the radgrid.  When clicked, I want to loop thru my GridTableView so that I can update my database.  I want to do something like:

Protected

Sub lbSaveProjections_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles lbSaveProjections.Click

Dim gi As Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataItem

For Each gi In IllustrationProjections.GridTableView.

UpdateMyDataBase()

Next

End Sub


This code is invalid though.  I do not know how to do this.  IllustrationProjections is the name of myGridTableView.

Can someone help?

Thanks,
Bob
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 01 May 2008
1 answer
238 views
Hi
Is one difference between the RadGrid and GridView (in 2.0) that the RadGrid can enable Ajax to allow for Ajax sorting of columns?
Can this be done with the GridView in either 2.0 or 3.5?
Thanks
Paul
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 01 May 2008
3 answers
139 views

Hi

I have a RadGrid (RadAjaxManager) with a WebUserControl (RadAjaxManagerProxy).

The RadAjaxManager code is as follows ...


<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="ramLogs" runat="server" ClientEvents-OnRequestStart="ConditionalPostback" ClientEvents-OnResponseEnd="EnableAjax" EnableAJAX="true" EnablePageHeadUpdate="true">

<AjaxSettings>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="rgLogs">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="rgLogs" LoadingPanelID="ralpLogs" />

</UpdatedControls>

</telerik:AjaxSetting>

</AjaxSettings>

</telerik:RadAjaxManager>


And the RadAjaxManagerProxy Code is ....


<

telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy ID="ramprgLogs" runat="server">

<AjaxSettings>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="rwmrgLogs">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="rwmrgLogs" LoadingPanelID="ralprgLogs" />

</UpdatedControls>

</telerik:AjaxSetting>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="bResolved">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="bResolved" LoadingPanelID="ralprgLogs" />

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="tdResolvedDate1" />

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="tdResolvedDate2" />

</UpdatedControls>

</telerik:AjaxSetting>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="bNewThread">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="bNewThread" LoadingPanelID="ralprgLogs" />

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="trDate" />

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="trReceiptMethod" />

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="trVisibleToClient" />

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="trThread" />

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="trAttachments" />

</UpdatedControls>

</telerik:AjaxSetting>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="sThread">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="sThread" LoadingPanelID="ralprgLogs" />

</UpdatedControls>

</telerik:AjaxSetting>

</AjaxSettings>

</

telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy>



The problem is that the RadAjaxLoadingPanel stays on the screen after the Ajax Request has finished.

Also my RadEditor does not render correctly the first time it is displayed from a hidden state. The second time it displays it works correctly.

Any ideas ?

Kind Regards

David
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 01 May 2008
1 answer
251 views
I trying to bind and assign a selected value to a rad combo box in rad grad

This is in  popup edit mode.  the combo box is referencing another table, and I wish to bind this progmatically.

I am calling 'OnItemsRequested' which binds the dropdown on request but I need it to bind and select the selected value when form is displayed.
<EditFormSettings CaptionFormatString="Group form" EditFormType="Template" EditColumn-CancelImageUrl="../img/grid/Cancel.gif" 
                CaptionDataField="GroupName"> 
                <FormStyle BackColor="#eef1ba" BorderColor="#3b3b3a" BorderWidth="1" BorderStyle="Solid" /> 
                <FormTemplate> 
                    <div class="Editform"> 
                        <!-- Business unit --> 
                        <div id="group"> 
                            <label> 
                                <asp:Label ID="lblGroup" runat="server" Text="Group name: "></asp:Label></label> 
                            <asp:TextBox ID="txtBusinessUnit" runat="server" CssClass="textInput" Width="200" 
                                TabIndex="1" Text='<%# Bind( "GroupName") %>'></asp:TextBox> 
                        </div> 
                        <br style="clear: both;" /> 
                        <!-- Message of the day --> 
                        <div id="messageoftheday"> 
                            <label> 
                                <asp:Label ID="lblMessageoftheday" runat="server" Text="Message of the day: "></asp:Label></label> 
                            <asp:TextBox ID="txtMessageoftheday" runat="server" TextMode="MultiLine" Height="100" 
                                Width="300" CssClass="textInput" TabIndex="1" Text='<%# Bind( "MessageOfTheDay") %>'></asp:TextBox> 
                            <br style="clear: both;" /> 
                        </div> 
                        <br style="clear: both;" /> 
                        <!-- Business unit --> 
                        <div id="businessunit"> 
                            <label> 
                                <asp:Label ID="lblBusinessUnit" runat="server" Text="Business unit: "></asp:Label></label> 
                            <telerik:RadComboBox ID="rcbBuisinessUnit" runat="server" DataTextField="BusinessUnit" DataValueField="BusinessUnitId"   OnItemsRequested="rcbBuisinessUnit_ItemsRequested" EnableLoadOnDemand="true" width="300" EnableEmbeddedSkins="False" 
                                Skin="Default" ShowToggleImage="true"> 
                                <CollapseAnimation Type="OutQuint" Duration="200"></CollapseAnimation> 
                            </telerik:RadComboBox> 
                            <br style="clear: both;" /> 
                        </div> 
                        <!-- Archive --> 
                        <div id="archive"> 
                            <label> 
                                <asp:Label ID="lblArchive" runat="server" Text="Archive"></asp:Label> 
                            </label> 
                        </div> 
                        <asp:CheckBox ID="chkArchive" runat="server" Checked='<%# (DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"Archive").ToString()!="False"?true:false) %>' /> 
                        <telerik:GridCheckBoxColumnEditor ID="GridCheckBoxColumnEditor1" runat="server"> 
                        </telerik:GridCheckBoxColumnEditor> 
                        <div style="clear: both"> 
                            <!-- Update/Cancel/Insert --> 
                            <label> 
                            </label> 
                            <cc1:EIB ID="btnUpdate" runat="server" CommandName='<%# (Container is GridEditFormInsertItem) ? "PerformInsert" : "Update" %>' 
                                CssClass="btn" ToolTip="Insert" ImageUrl='<%# (Container is GridEditFormInsertItem) ? "../img/btn/insert.gif" : "../img/btn/update.gif" %>' 
                                MouseOutImage='<%# (Container is GridEditFormInsertItem) ? "../img/btn/insert.gif" : "../img/btn/update.gif" %>' 
                                MouseOverImage='<%# (Container is GridEditFormInsertItem) ? "../img/btn/insert-over.gif" : "../img/btn/update-over.gif" %>' 
                                Height="22px" Width="77px" /> 
                            <cc1:EIB ID="btnCancel" runat="server" CommandName="Cancel" CssClass="btn" ToolTip="Cancel" 
                                ImageUrl="../img/btn/cancel.png" MouseOutImage="../img/btn/Cancel.png" MouseOverImage="../img/btn/Cancel-over.png" 
                                Height="22px" Width="77px" /> 
                            <!-- End Upade/Cancel/Insert --> 
                        </div> 
                        <div id="errorGrid"> 
                            <asp:Label ID="lblError" runat="server"></asp:Label> 
                        </div> 
                </FormTemplate> 
                <PopUpSettings ScrollBars="Auto" Height="400" Width="500"></PopUpSettings> 
            </EditFormSettings> 
    protected void rcbBuisinessUnit_ItemsRequested(object sender, RadComboBoxItemsRequestedEventArgs e) 
    { 
        Data.vaccineprofessionalDataContext db = new Data.vaccineprofessionalDataContext(); 
        var results = db.vpBusinessUnitSeach("", "UnArchive"); 
        RadComboBox comboBox = (RadComboBox)sender; 
        comboBox.DataSource = results; 
        comboBox.DataBind(); 
    } 
 
Any suggestion would be great.

Thanks
Paul
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 01 May 2008
5 answers
96 views
Hi,

I have a template column in my RadGrid which uses the following ItemTemplate:

<uc1:StatusIndicator ID="StatusIndicator1" runat="server" CurrentStatus='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.CurrentStatus") %>' />  
                                 

The status control simply has one public property that takes the value from the CurrentStatus datafield of the ObjectDataSource, and sets it's ImageControl ImageURL property to the appropriate status image.

This works on the first time the grid is loaded, and when the Edit event is fired.

But as soon as the page index is changed, none of the images load.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Richard.
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 01 May 2008
3 answers
181 views
i try to run project in production
and i got this error



Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 36:     <compilation debug="true">
Line 37:       <assemblies>
Line 38: <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>Line 39:         <add assembly="Telerik.Charting, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=D14F3DCC8E3E8763"/>
Line 40:         <add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 01 May 2008
1 answer
86 views
I stumbled upon this problem and verified it on at least one demo on the telerik page:

If I create a two level grouping, collapse the inner group, then the outer group, when I expand the outer group, the inner group still looks like it is collapsed (it shows the collapsed image), but its contents is shown as if it was expanded.

When I click the expand/collapse (now in collapsed mode) icon to collapse the shown rows, the expand/collapse icon switches to the expanded image, and the rows remain in place. When I click again, it works as expected - the group collapses.

http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/prometheus/Grid/Examples/GroupBy/GroupLoadModeClient/DefaultCS.aspx
has this behavior.

It looks like it's only a problem when using client-side expand/collapse.

Best regards,

Arne Sostack
IntraNote a/s
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 01 May 2008
2 answers
117 views
I have a RadTreeView and primarily I detect the Node Value for the next process.  However, is it true that without setting the NavigateUrl, the mouse pointer remains an arrow?  I want to make it show as a "hand" so that end-users know it can be clicked.

I tried to add the node.NavigateUrl = "#", which going nowhere.  It works, except that the IE status bar show the link similiar to http://localhost/Products/#

If the NavigateUrl is required to show the "hand", can I change the status bar?

Besides, for the RadMenu, it seems that no matter a NavigateUrl is set, the mouse point is an arrow, just like the case in this your web top menu.

Thanks
Raymond Mui
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 May 2008
0 answers
103 views
I have a class that implements ICollection, IEnumerable.  It contains a type dataset representing a collection of entities.  The class implements an indexer that returns a single instance of a class that represents a row in the type dataset.  That class exposes public properties.   I can bind the "plural" class to any databound control (datagrid, gridview, dropdownlist, etc) and it works as expected. I can so things like:
foreach (Customer c in Customers)
{
        Console.Print c.Name;  
}
 I can bind it also to RadGrid using Advanced Binding and the NeedsDataSource event and it binds the data find including responding to the DetailTableDataBind event correctly.  However, the automatic sorting fails with a message indicating it can't find the column name selected in the sort.  I verified the datafield and sortexpression declarations are correctly mapped. 

When I bind to a Datatable.Dataview, of similar data, all works fine.  I think this has something to do with the switch to using Linq under the covers in the sort handler methods.

Can you advise?
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 30 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?