Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
104 views

I am implementing a tree with Load On Demand and I have Ajax Panel around the tree. I have few nodes checkable and few nodes checkable=false. From the code behind when I add nodes I set their property Checkable=false properly.

Still, when I expand/refresh the tree suddenly all nodes become checkable. I don't know why that happens.

Thanks,
Piyush
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 01 May 2008
1 answer
107 views
i have a iconurl attribute set for a custom tool in RadEditor Prometheus. After upgrading to the 2008 Q1 version, i'm getting an error :
Sys.InvalidOperationException: 'iconurl' is not a property or an existing field.

Didn't find anything in the documentation regarding iconurl. please give a solution to this.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 01 May 2008
1 answer
141 views
Hi,

I want to add a button to the pager to toogle paging, I understand the code that would be needed to do the actual toogling but I am not able to add the button the the pager.

If I put it in the pager template then I do not see the pager I get when Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" which I want to keep.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 01 May 2008
3 answers
129 views
Hi All,
i'm having some issues with setting up my page layout using the Splitter, the Menu and a table in VS2008 using 2008 Q1 controls.

what i am trying to do is:
  • Use the Spliter to make a Header, Content and Footer area
  • Use the table with three columns in the Header to format it so that the Menu is on the left, a notification area on a timer in the center, and a toolbox area on the right.

I've read the knowledge base article (#758) but it presents an issues.

  • With the menu position as absolute there is not interaction with the resizing of the table/splitter
  • It's not "contained" in the TD object.

Any suggestions on how i can achieve my goal of interaction?  or is the only way to go absolute?

thanks
Jordan

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 01 May 2008
3 answers
364 views
I am programatically creating a RadTreeView control and trying to set the AutoPostBack property to true so I can use an event handler for the NodeClick event.

For some reason AutoPostBack is not showing up in intellisense in my visual studio window, and even if i type it out and try to compile my code it gives me an error that 'AutoPostBack' is not a member of 'Telerik.Web.UI.RadTreeView'

I have looked over the examples on this website using RadTreeView and they are setting the AutoPostBack property to "True", which leads me to believe the property does exist (which is why I tried it in the first place). Or am I using the wrong tree view control in the first place?

What I am really trying to accomplish is to handle an event when one of the child nodes are clicked, so I can get the value and populate a textbox with it.

Any help or clarification on how the postback is supposed to work with the RadTreeView control would be greatly appreciated.

- John
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 01 May 2008
3 answers
183 views
Hi

In this example  when you go into edit mode there are icons instead of words to insert / cancel ect.

I have things working but cant see how to get the images. I'm using custom skins.

Andy
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 01 May 2008
1 answer
137 views
I have defined labels under RadMultiPage control, how do I access these labels in my pageload. if i say

lblConsignee.Text = "hello" in my page_load, i get error  lblConsignee is not declared.
My aspx file looks like:

<

telerik:RadMultiPage ID="rmMain" runat="server">

<telerik:RadPageView ID="pvSummary" runat="server" Width="656px">

<table>

<tr>

<td style="width: 197px; height: 21px;">

<asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Consignee:" Width="178px"></asp:Label></td>

<td style="height: 21px">

<asp:Label ID="lblConsignee" runat="server" Font-Bold="True" Width="249px"></asp:Label></td>

<td style="height: 21px">

</td>

</tr>


</table>

</telerik:RadPageView>

</

telerik:RadMultiPage>

please help

Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 01 May 2008
2 answers
435 views

I downloaded and installed      RadControls_for_ASP.NET_AJAX_2008_1_415_trial.exe

I then used VS2008 to open C:\Program Files\Telerik\RadControls for ASPNET AJAX Q1 2008\Live Demos\RadControlsExamples.sln

It ran the Visual Studio Conversion Wizard to convert it to 3.5

I renamed the Web.config.Net35   to Web.Config  having removed the unwanted Web.config files.

It builds and runs fine.

The problem is that when I display say Examples\ApplicationScenarios\RibbonBar\DefaultCS.aspx in the IDE in Design Mode the controls display

Error Creating Control - RadGrid1Unable to create type 'telerik:RadGrid'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I have installed VS 2008 Professional but have never downloaded the ASP.NET Extensions v1.0 as the ASP.NET site says "AJAX functionality is integrated in ASP.NET 3.5 and does not require any additional downloads.".

Thanks in advance

Mike

  



 

Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 May 2008
1 answer
127 views
Hi,

I want to experiment with ASP.NET 3.5 but only have ASP.NET 2.0 and VS 2005.  Is telerik compatible with Visual Web Developer Express 2008?

Thanks

Stephen
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 01 May 2008
2 answers
307 views
I have an IList<Myobject> which is bound to my grid. I have gross and net value gridboundcolumn's which have and aggregate set to "sum" and another column which has a Count aggregate which are all automatically rendered in the footer.

If my query returns an empty list I recieve a NullReferenceException instead of the default empty table which should return 'Zero' for the computed aggregates. If I remove the aggregate attributes from the columns the grid works fine.

My 'MyObject' class' gross value and net value are nullable decimals (decimal?) which are assigned null in the constructor, however if I remove the aggregate attributes on these two columns, the Count aggregate still produces the exception.
Any Ideas?

Thanks
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 01 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?