Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
698 views
hi

i have this code that give me this error

dt2 = x.getCompany
drpCompany.DataSource = dt2
drpCompany.DataTextField =
"COM_CompanyName"
drpCompany.DataValueField = "COM_CompanyCode"
drpCompany.SelectedValue = sqlreader("COM_CompanyName").ToString
drpCompany.DataBind()

'drpCompany' has a SelectedValue which is invalid because it does not exist in the list of items.
Parameter name: value


How do I overcome this? Thanks

L
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 May 2008
8 answers
260 views
Is there an example anywhere of how to use the progress meter to display for a static measure. For example...on the Telerik Client.net account page, there is a meter that shows how much of your 1 year maintenance is remaining. I need to do something similar to this by providing the progress meter with a total number of achievements and how many have been completed so far and have that graphed in the same style of meter.

I played around with the control by myself but couldn't seem to get close. If there is a code example somewhere or tutorial or documentation specific to this type of scenario it would greatly help. Thanks.
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
2 answers
135 views
In my application, I need several tables showing a summary of data items.
Depending on the user's permissions, he should be able to VIEW, EDIT, or DELETE the associated data item.

Since the table is just a summary and the real records the grid items represent are spread over 20+ tables, I don't think I can use the built-in edit function. (Q1: is that correct? I have a DataSet providing the summary data and I also have a set of stored procedures performing the rather complex update- and delete-operations)

So I thought to give my grid 3 columns with Select buttons called View, Edit, Delete.

I assumed I'd be able to use the respective event handler to then simply call the appropriate stored procedures depending on which button the user clicked.

But these View, Edit, Delete buttons are not to be enabled at all times: depending on the users permissions, I want to e.g. disable the delete button on certain rows.

How do I do that?

Thanks so much!

s.


P.S. I am new to ASP & Prometheus - so I hope you can forgive me for asking basic questions.
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
1 answer
144 views
I have a grid that I've enabled SEO paging and set the querystring.  However, when the page renders the paging links are javascript postbacks and the querystring is not part of the href.

I've enabled custom paging since not all records are available to the grid at binding.  I would think that I would get a querystring link.  What am I missing here?

Here's part of the markup:
<telerik:RadGrid ID="ProductListGrid" runat="server"
GridLines="None" Width="800px"
OnNeedDataSource="ProductListGrid_NeedDataSource"
AutoGenerateColumns="False"
onitemcommand="ProductListGrid_ItemCommand"
AllowPaging ="true" AllowCustomPaging="true" >
<MasterTableView DataKeyNames="Id" EnableNoRecordsTemplate="true">
<NoRecordsTemplate>
There are no available products in this category.
</NoRecordsTemplate>
<PagerStyle NextPageText="Next" PrevPageText="Prev" Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" EnableSEOPaging="true" SEOPagingQueryStringKey="currentpage"></PagerStyle>
<Columns>
...

The link renders something like:
<span>1</span><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$MainContent$CategoryInfo1$ctl00$ProductListGrid$ctl00$ctl03$ctl01$ctl04','')">2</a><span>



Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
1 answer
222 views
Hi. I've downloaded the demo and what I'm not seeing or am unable to figure out is whether or not you can dynamically generate columns that have different control types.

Here's one example: I have a grid that has two columns. The first column is just text, values generated from reading from a table (these values can always be different and of varying count). The second column needs to either have a control that is a DropDownList or some version of a TextBox depending on the dataType of the field value read from the database.

Is it somehow possible to make a column vary in the types of controls it displays and uses when the grid is dynamically generated?

Thanks.
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
3 answers
173 views
I am binding a rad grid to a generic collection of objects with custom properties.

I can get the grid to filter on the custom properties if I toggle EnableViewState, of course that removes the ability to page and sort. If EnableViewstate is toggled to true then paging and sorting work fine, but I can no longer filter against the properties that are not part of the base object.

Is there a solution for this?
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
1 answer
147 views
Hi there

I was playing around on your demo page http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Editor/Examples/TreeviewAndEditor/DefaultCS.aspx and after I drag an image onto page, right click image to edit image properties I am unable to edit anything. Is this by design for this demo? The modal pop up is disabled. I tried in IE7, Firefox 2 & Safari for Windows and get the same results.

On another note is there a way after resizing an image using image properties dialog to resize to the original image size?

Regards
Alex
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
3 answers
143 views
I am setting up a ToolBar with an XML datasource.

The XML is very basic, and I've configured the data source but now the toobar itself in both design view and when I run it says:

System.Web.Ui.WebControls.XmlDataSourceNodeDescriptor

I've done some searching but cannot figure this out.

Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
5 answers
297 views
I think we need a little better documentation regarding skins because there are many places where they can be set and the "cascade" isn't apparent.

I've set the global skin in web.config, however the RadMenu does not change based on the value.
<appSettings>
        <add key="Telerik.Skin" value="Hay"/>
</appSettings>

With this setting the control's div renders as:
<div id="ctl00_SiteMenu_RadSiteMenu" class="RadMenu RadMenu_" style="width: 800px; z-index: 7000;">

When I set the Skin in the control's properties for the control the div renders as:
<div id="ctl00_SiteMenu_RadSiteMenu" class="RadMenu RadMenu_Hay" style="width: 800px; z-index: 7000;">

There is a theme enabled in my application and when I set a theme in the .skin file the control does pick it up.  But overriding the skin at the control level does not override the .skin setting.  I got around this by setting the control's SkinID to a non-existent .skin SkinId.  I'm not sure if this is supported behavior though.

Is there something else I need to do to enable the controls to accept the global settings in web.config when a theme is set or am I stuck using the .skin file?

I'm also up for a hotfix to override the global setting on individual controls.
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
5 answers
263 views
hi all,
does anyone know how i can add a custom button to my toolbar that either has a textbox beside it - or pops up a text box so i can paste some text into there. I figured out how to add a custom button, but i want to allow the user to
a) click this button
b) paste in a url
c) have the button render the content i want into the editor.

just unsure about the "Best practice" for this type of thing.  i realize i can use all JS to create a popup or display a hidden div with an input in it - but i was thinking maybe the editor (or any of the other controls included ) would be better suited to this.

thanks in advance,
mcm
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?