Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
85 views
Right now I'm trying out the lite version of the RadEditor in MOSS.
When I open up a page with several radE:RadHtmlFields in edit mode, the different fields are nicely displayed in IE6 (under each other), but in IE7 they are all through and above and under each other, without the possibility to bring the ones that are on the background to the front.

Does anyone recognize this scenario and / or has a simple solution?

Thanks a lot.
George
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
3 answers
102 views
Hi, All:

I had implemented this:

<rad:RadAjaxPanel ID="rapGrid" runat="server" Height="200px" Width="300px" LoadingPanelID="alpLoading" >


it works very good for my RadGrid control inside my page.  However,
when my page is loading up, for the first time,  I have no similar AjaxLoadingPanel control for the entire page. So my page is now blank for 20 seconds for the loading-up.  It would be very nice, to implement similar AjaxLoadingPanel for the entire page, when the page is first loaded.

Please give some idea.

Stanley Huang
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
1 answer
91 views
hi,
my code has been attached to the following website
http://www.prabirshrestha.com/telerikproblem3.zip
i use telerik radcontrols for asp.net ajax q1 2008. (I have not included the bin folder).

I want to set the initial value to of the combobox which containts a treeview inside. the treeview is populated on demand.
if u look at the code, suppose i click a treeview at the left . for example categories>electronics>mobile. and click the update button in the formview, the parentId is always reseted to 0. so how do set the initial value and text of the combobox to the parentId.

i would also want the treeview inside the combobox to automatically expand to the specified parentId node, when the combobox is opened for the first time.

thanks
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
2 answers
109 views
I have a templated radcombobox, which contains radtreeview inside. My treeview is loaded on demand using serversidecallback.
This Combobox is inside a formview and uses objectdatasource, and is supposed to contain the value "ParentId" which is retrieved from objectdatasource.
By using ajax javascript, i have managed to set the value of combobox using set_value() in treeview, onclientnodeclick. so when i click update after click a tree node it works.
but, since treeview is populated on demand, i would like to set the inital value of combobox to be retrieved from object datasource but don't populate the treenodes. if i dont set the intial value, that means i have not selected the node, so the parentnode is always 0 or null.
when the combobox is dropped down for the first time, i would like it to auto load the treenodes to the specified node.
i cannot use selectedvalue of the combobox because the treeview is populated on demand? any ideas?
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
1 answer
230 views
I have a RadTreeView that is using LoadOnDemand.  My ExpandMode is set to ServerSide, but the Loading Message never displays.

If I change the ExpandMode to ServerSideCallback, then the Loading message is displayed in the tree node being expanded, but the OnNodeExpand function is not called and the loading message is left in the tree.

If I disable Ajax, then the loading and callback function all seem to work, but I want to keep Ajax enable to update other parts of the screen.

How can I implement a Loading Message in a RadTreeView when when using server side load on demand and Ajax?

I am using .NET 3.5, c# and the most recent ASP.NET AJAX controls.

Tim
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
2 answers
241 views
In response to user selection I want to add tabs dynamically and corresponding pageview.

I have this working, but the tab doesn't seem to be linked to the PageView (ie: I click on the tab and the pageview doesn't change).  How do I link the two of them.

The tabs and pagview are created through an ajax call.
Marty
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 May 2008
2 answers
138 views
Hello,

I kinda combined this sample http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Grid/Examples/DataEditing/UserControlEditForm/DefaultCS.aspx with a 2 level hierarchy.

Both levels have a usercontrol for display and edit information( and inserting). All works lovely. The only trouble is with retrieving the parentid while inserting in a client usercontrol.

Is there a sample around how to make this work ?

thanks!

--jw

jan willem fransen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 May 2008
1 answer
236 views
I have not been able to find a decent solution for this issue:

I am allowing the user to upload files from my application.  If the user attempts to upload a file that exists, I want to prompt them with the opportunity to overwrite the file or cancel the operation.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

- Adam
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
1 answer
169 views
Hi, I am using RadTreeView for ASP.NET AJAX. I want to change the HoveredCssClass for the tree nodes which are created using Customerized Template while applying the "Default" skin for the rest tree nodes. What I did is: I created a css class and put it in my main .css file and in my program, I assigned the css to the tree nodes created from template. However, the HoveredCssClass doesn't see to use my stylesheet. So I tried change CssClass and SelectedCssClass as well and fount out the CssClass works, but SelectedCssClass doesn't work either. Can you help here? The following is my code snipet:

node5.NodeTemplate =

new CustomizedTemplates.MyTemplate(dr);
node5.CssClass = "MyNodeCss";
node5.HoveredCssClass = "MyNodeHoveredCss";
node5.SelectedCssClass = "MyNodeSelectedCss";

Thanks.
Ming
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
1 answer
140 views
Hi everybody!

I´ve added a tool for inserting a certain type of flash-tags i my radeditor. These require a certain set of parameters. The problem is that when I switch to html-mode or save the html the values in the embed or object tag gets manipulated or lost. Why is this? Is there a certain way the editor needs the embed tag to look?

Thanx!
George
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?