Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
161 views

Dear all,

I use Panelbar on one of my user-controls which I placed in a pane of radsplitter on a master-page.

This panelbar is Ajaxified with other panel on the master-page.

I have a method (loadusercontrol) on the master-page that is called by this panelbar via (OnItemClicked) server side method, everything was fine until I notice that the method is called whenever I clicked on panelbar root-item or item, and I wanted to change this that the method is called on clicking the items only.

So, I think of doing this via client-side script, so I created a javascript method OnClientItemClicking="panelclicked" to handle this situation as follows:

<telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="CB1" runat="server">  
    <script type="text/jscript" language="javascript">  
        function panelclicked(sender, e)  
        {  
            var panelBar = $find("<%= navpanelBar.ClientID %>");  
            var item = panelBar.findItemByText(e.get_item().get_text());  
            if (item)  
            {  
                if item.get_text() == "AVT data"  
                {  
                    "<% MasterP.LoadUserControl("MainDataEntry.ascx", MasterP.MainPanel); %>"  
                }  
                else  
                {  
                }  
            }  
        }  
    </script> 
</telerik:RadCodeBlock> 
when I run the application I got this error:
"Script controls may not be registered after PreRender"

This error appear on the loadusercontrol method of the master-page:
public void LoadUserControl(string controlName, Control parent)  
    {  
        parent.Controls.Clear();  
        UserControl MyControl = (UserControl)LoadControl(controlName);  
        string userControlID = controlName.Split('.')[0];  
        MyControl.ID = userControlID.Replace("/", "").Replace("~", "");  
        parent.Controls.Add(MyControl);  
        CurrentControl = controlName;  
    } 

at that line : parent.Controls.Add(MyControl); 

any advice in this situation ...

Thanks and best regards
Waleed
Waleed Seada
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 May 2008
3 answers
206 views
I am new to RADPanelBar and a bit puzzled about interactions on the server.

In the case where there is no data for the panel item, I want to force it closed and disable it, and this is done on the server:

Me.Next_PanelBar.Enabled = False

Me.Next_PanelBar.Items(0).Items(0).Expanded = False

Me.Next_PanelBar.Items(0).Items(0).Text = "yadda"


The panel is disabled, the text changes to "yadda', but it does not collapse.

I'm guessing that there is a distinction between "properties" that can be modified, vs. "methods" that need to be invoked. If so, how?

Note: panel behaves properly when enabled, end-user can expand/collapse with no problem.

Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
2 answers
127 views
Hello,

I use stored procedures to update/delete the content of a table.
Everything works fine if I only use it on the exact fields in the grid and table but I need to pass an extra parameter (not present in the grid or table...in this case the logged-on username -> used to update a logtable in the same stored procedure).
The stored procedure works fine but cannot be used from the webpage using the modified gridupdate/delete functions (too many parameters...)

Is there a way to make this work. I noticed some related questions on the forum but did not found an answer.

Thanks

Daniel


daniel coppee
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 May 2008
3 answers
157 views

Hi,

I have a project with the next controls:

TabStripControl +MultipageView+RadWindowManager

TabStripControl works fine when loading the page with RadWindow....but if I change the property "ShowContentDuringLoad" to FALSE tabstrip not showing

Thank you.

Santiago.

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
1 answer
101 views
Hello...I have a page that brings up a radwindow that allows the user to make a selection. Once the selection is made, I return the selected value back to the parent page using the Callback function. All that is fine...works very well. However, in this case, i then need to take that returned value and reload a couple of gridviews on the page based on that value. I am stumped on how to take that value and send it to the server side and refresh those grids.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Mike
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
1 answer
144 views
In the prior version I'm nearly certain that the mouse cursor was a hand when hovering over node icons or text which have drag enabled. At least we used to have that functionality and now it is not working.

I think this is a bug. Nodes with drag enabled should have a hand cursor and those without should have the default cursor. If you agree can this be fixed in the next service pack?

We are using the Vista skin.

Thanks,
Terry

Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
1 answer
315 views
I want to open a new window on the click of a button.
I also want to adjust the height and width of the window.

I am doing this right now:

RadAjaxManager

.GetCurrent(this).ResponseScripts.Add("radopen('ReportViewerPopup.aspx);");

This loads a new window but I cannot adjust thr height and the width.

Also, I need to be able to pass in a parameter to the new window.I tried doing this:

RadAjaxManager

.GetCurrent(this).ResponseScripts.Add("radopen('ReportViewerPopup.aspx?ID=" + strID  + ");");

But this does not load thw window.

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
4 answers
168 views
Hello,

I have a radgrid that is bound to a list of customers - I also have filtering set up on the grid. I have the customer email address as a datakeyname. What I want to do is filter the grid and then generate a list of email addresses from that filtered grid.

But also - I am using paging so I only have 10 results per page. If I filter the grid and I get, for example, 27 results back, I want to retrieve the email addresses of all these 27 records, not just the 10 displaying on the page.

Is this possible?

Thanks.
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
1 answer
119 views
Hi all ... This is my first post...

Although I am very fluent in CSS ... I have just started using RadControls and am having a lot of trouble wrestling control of the look and feel away from a RadGrid and into CSS

The first thing that I did was to set EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" which accomplished the reset that I was looking for...

I then began adding my own style based on the classes for things like .rgPagePrev, .rgPageNext, and .rgFilter

My problem is that when AllowFilteringByColumn is set to True and a column is of DateTime type, RadGrid is smart enough to add a Calendar selector to the filter ... However, it does not give me a simple class to change the calendar icon, etc etc and its making a big mess out of the page

Can anyone offer me some suggestions or a solution?

Thanks in advance...


-Mike
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
7 answers
404 views
Hi,

I have been using the RadMaskedTextBox to input telephone numbers with ext. and if the user does not type the extension, when the control looses the focus the value of the control is right aligned. I have even set the NumericRangeAlign to "Left" without any luck.

Here is the definition:

<

telerik:RadMaskedTextBox id="PhoneTextBox" runat="server" Skin="Office2007" Mask="(###) ###-#### x #####" DisplayMask="(###) ###-#### x #####" DisplayPromptChar=" " NumericRangeAlign="Left" />

I'm using Version Q1 2008 released 03/25/2008.

Thanks,
rnoda

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?