Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
130 views
I've basically replicated this project:
 
http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/prometheus/Controls/Examples/Integration/FileBrowser/DefaultVB.aspx

(Though I've taken out those Quickstart references and changed the Img file to Image.)

However, I have found that in the code behind .vb file, if  I use this namespace:

Namespace Telerik.Web.Examples.Controls.Integration.FileBrowser 


Then it complains that all the variable names like 'RadGrid1' and 'RadTreeView1' referenced in the code weren't declared.

Also, when I drag the menu separateer between "Name and Size" to the right, the controls fall over...

What would causing this?
Megan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 May 2008
1 answer
150 views
It seems the OnClientNodeDropping bubbles through to the NodeExpand-event if it is cancelled. If I drag an item to an unexpanded node and hover above it, it is automatically expanded. But if I drag an item onto a node, quickly drop it and cancel the drop the node should not expand. When I run the code below, I get a Javascript-error and then the node is expanded:

<%

@ Page Language="C#" %>

<%

@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>

<!

DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<

html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<

head runat="server">

<title>Untitled Page</title>

<script>

function NodeDropped(sender, args)

{

if (!confirm('Noget'))

args.set_cancel(

true);

}

</script>

</

head>

<

body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<asp:ScriptManager id="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />

<telerik:RadTreeView ID="treeOrganization" runat="server"

Width="199"

Height="500"

OnClientNodeDropping="NodeDropped"

EnableDragAndDrop="true">

<Nodes>

<telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" Text="Island" Expanded="true" AllowDrag="false"

AllowDrop="false">

<Nodes>

<telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" Text="Zanzibar" AllowDrag="false">

<Nodes>

<telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" Text="Weekend Package" AllowDrop="false" Value="1999">

</telerik:RadTreeNode>

<telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" Text="1 Week Package" AllowDrop="false" Value="2999">

</telerik:RadTreeNode>

<telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" Text="2 Week Package" AllowDrop="false" Value="3999">

</telerik:RadTreeNode>

</Nodes>

</telerik:RadTreeNode>

<telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" Text="Mauritius" AllowDrag="false">

<Nodes>

<telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" Text="Weekend Package" AllowDrop="false" Value="2999">

</telerik:RadTreeNode>

<telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" Text="1 Week Package" AllowDrop="false" Value="3999">

</telerik:RadTreeNode>

<telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" Text="2 Week Package" AllowDrop="false" Value="4999">

</telerik:RadTreeNode>

</Nodes>

</telerik:RadTreeNode>

<telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" Text="Maldives" Expanded="true" AllowDrag="false">

<Nodes>

<telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" Text="Weekend Package" AllowDrop="false" Value="3999">

</telerik:RadTreeNode>

<telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" Text="1 Week Package" AllowDrop="false" Value="4999">

</telerik:RadTreeNode>

<telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" Text="2 Week Package" AllowDrop="false" Value="5999">

</telerik:RadTreeNode>

</Nodes>

</telerik:RadTreeNode>

</Nodes>

</telerik:RadTreeNode>

</Nodes>

</telerik:RadTreeView>

</form>

</

body>

</

html>

Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 12 May 2008
1 answer
142 views
Hi Telerik Team,

When clicking on the New Paragraph tool, a new paragraph is inserted, but a space is automatically added in as well.

i.e. <p> </p> is inserted as opposed to <p></p>

Is there a way to remove this space when inserting a new paragrah?

Thanks,
Claudz
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 12 May 2008
2 answers
97 views
I have a (master) table of publications. As a second (slave) table I have a list of authors.
Now, besides registering the names of the authors, I also need to register them in order (first author, second, third,...). There can be only one "first" etc and the number of authors is unknown.

How can I accomplisch this? What tool/control/trick allow me to order this unknown number of authors per publication (and ideal...allow the user to re-arrange this order)

Any ideas are welcome

Daniel
daniel coppee
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 May 2008
2 answers
136 views
Hi,

I was able to do multiple column sorting with GroupByExpression in RadControls for ASP.NET Q3 2007.

After installing RadControls for ASPNET AJAX Q1 2008, I couldn't do the same.

The default multiple sorting fails for a particular column has five sub columns, which are like "Events1,Events2,Events3,Events4,NoEvents"

I have tried in earlier release and it was working though.

The syntax used is

<

telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Events" GroupByExpression="Events1,Events2,Events3,Events4,Events5" SortExpression="Events1" SortAscImageUrl="../Images/Grid/SortAsc.gif" SortDescImageUrl="../Images/Grid/SortDesc.gif" UniqueName="TemplateColumnEvents">

Thanks and regards,

Ramesh


Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 12 May 2008
1 answer
160 views

I am trying to incorporate   Multiple Select in my project. I couldn’t use group selecting example click on Node a then click shift and Click Node X and it will select all nodes between them. If this functionality not exists is there is away to use checkbox to for multiple select and drag all checked nodes?

Thanks

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 12 May 2008
2 answers
506 views
Hi All,

At some point I've had this working but I've changed a few things around and I seem to have broken it!

I have the following code in my .aspx page:

<radU:RadUpload ID="RadUpload1" runat="server" MaxFileInputsCount="1" /> 
    <radU:RadProgressArea ID="RadProgressArea1" runat="server" Skin="Vista"> 
    </radU:RadProgressArea> 
    <radU:RadProgressManager ID="RadProgressManager1" runat="server" /> 
<asp:Button ID="UploadButton" runat="server" Text="Upload File" OnClick="UploadButton_Click" /> 

I have this in my code-behind (C#)

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 
    { 
        // Only display the input for the upload control 
        RadUpload1.ControlObjectsVisibility = ControlObjectsVisibility.None; 
        RadUpload1.AllowedFileExtensions = new string[] { ".csv" }; 
 
        // Get QS into a string and populate label control 
        string CampaignName = Request.QueryString["CampaignName"]; 
        CampaignNameLabel.Text = CampaignName; 
    } 
 
    protected void UploadButton_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) 
    { 
        try 
        { 
            //an invalid file has tried to upload... 
            if (RadUpload1.InvalidFiles.Count > 0) 
            { 
                lblFileUploaded.Visible = true; 
                lblFileUploaded.ForeColor = System.Drawing.Color.Red; 
                lblFileUploaded.Text = "The file format is not valid. Please upload a CSV file."; 
            } 
            else 
            { 
                RadUploadContext UploadContext = RadUploadContext.Current; 
                UploadedFile File; 
                File = UploadContext.UploadedFiles[RadUpload1.UniqueID]; 
 
                File.SaveAs(Server.MapPath(@"C:\Temp\RADUpload\" + CampaignNameLabel.Text + "_Targets.csv")); 
 
                lblFileUploaded.Visible = true; 
                lblFileUploaded.ForeColor = System.Drawing.Color.Black; 
                lblFileUploaded.Text = "Your targets have been uploaded successfully."; 
            } 
 
        } 
 
        catch (Exception ex) 
        { 
 
            throw; 
        } 
         
    } 

The 'if' block of my code works fine but for some reason however, my 'File' variable in my else block is always null and throws the exception (which I'm not handling very gracefully at the minute!).

If I hover over UploadContext.UploadedFiles, there is a file in the collection with the correct name, mime type etc.

Any ideas why File is always null?

Thanks in advance,
Brett
W
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 May 2008
1 answer
276 views
Hi,

In my Rad Grid in the first template column of the header template I have two checkbox controls one checkbox is to select all the Rows in Grid and the another one is to deselect all the checkbox checked.My issue is I want to display the tooltip for the two checkboxes differently.So anyone could plz guide me to get the tooltip for the control checkbox inside the Radgrid header template column.I have checked the properties of the checkbox also but the tooltip property is not there.Plz give a solution to this ASP.

Thanks,
Krishna Kumar.A
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 May 2008
3 answers
174 views
I have grid that I bind with a datatable in my code behind file. I have Allowfiltering set true for my first column. but it does not work. It doesn't filter my data in the grid. Need Help...

<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" AutoGenerateColumns="False" OnItemDataBound="RadGrid1_ItemDataBound" runat="server" AllowSorting="True"

GridLines="None" Width="560px" AllowPaging="True" PageSize="12" AllowFilteringByColumn="True">

<MasterTableView

GridLines="Horizontal">

<RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False">

<HeaderStyle Width="20px" />

</RowIndicatorColumn>

<ExpandCollapseColumn Resizable="False" Visible="False">

<HeaderStyle Width="20px" />

</ExpandCollapseColumn>

<Columns>

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn DataField="Order" SortExpression="Order" HeaderText="Order #" UniqueName="column1">

<ItemTemplate>

<asp:HyperLink runat="server" ID="orderLnk"

Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.Order") %>'></asp:HyperLink>

</ItemTemplate>

<ItemStyle Font-Underline="True" Font-Bold="True" />

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn AllowSorting="False" DataField="ProdNum" HeaderText="Pro #"

UniqueName="gcolumn2" AllowFiltering="False" >

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn AllowSorting="False" DataField="ShipName" HeaderText="Ship Name"

UniqueName="gcolumn3" AllowFiltering="False" >

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn AllowSorting="False" DataField="City" HeaderText="City"

UniqueName="gcolumn41" AllowFiltering="False" >

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn AllowSorting="False" DataField="State" HeaderText="State"

UniqueName="gcolumn4" AllowFiltering="False" >

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

</Columns>

<EditFormSettings>

<PopUpSettings ScrollBars="None"/>

</EditFormSettings>

<AlternatingItemStyle BackColor="#99FF99" Font-Bold="False" Font-Italic="False" Font-Overline="False"

Font-Strikeout="False" Font-Underline="False" Wrap="True" />

<HeaderStyle Font-Bold="False" Font-Italic="False" Font-Overline="False" Font-Strikeout="False"

Font-Underline="False" Wrap="True" />

</MasterTableView>

</telerik:RadGrid>

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 May 2008
1 answer
119 views
We have a RadGrid with an edit type of template.  Inside the template we have a validation summary and each control has it's own asp.net validators utilizing server side validation.  We have business logic validation in a presenter class and when validation fails a custom validator is created and added to the page validators causing the validation to show up in the validation summary.  This work fine when doing updates but no when inserting. 

The validation summary does not show and the form is cleared of data.  Inside the OnInserted event we set the KeepInInsertMode to true and the ExceptionHandled to true.  The template stays open but the validation summary is not shown.  We have made sure the viewstate is on. 

How can we keep the form populated and show the validation summary or is there a different solution?

Any help would be appreciated.

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?