Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
592 views
Hi,

I'm currently implementing an outlook style notifiction popup system using the radTooltip. The current problem I'm trying to solve is what to do when notifications happen in quick succession. The simplest way to deal with this, I think, is if a tooltip is already displayed, put the new notification in another tooltip and position this directly above the already displayed one. It is possible for radToolTip to display more than one tooltip simultaneously  but to implement the functionality I require, I need to create the tooltips programmatically, client side. I can't see any mention of this in the documentation, so can you tell me if its possible?

Many Thanks,

John Rhodes.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 May 2008
3 answers
185 views
I am currently reviewing the a trial of the ASP.NET AJAX 2008 controls.  I'm having a problem with columns being automatically generated when the autogeneratecolumns is set to false.  I have a DataTable that I have "pivoted" with a function.  My RadView's datasource is set to this DataTable (in the NeedDataSource event).  I need the columns of the RadView to be in a specific order so I have put code like the following in the Page_Load event:

if

(!IsPostBack)
{
//Important: first Add column to the collection, Then set properties
GridBoundColumn boundCol = new GridBoundColumn();
this.RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundCol);
boundCol.DataField =
"CompanyName";
boundCol.HeaderText =
"Company";
}

etc.

This new bound column gets added just fine, however, all of the other columns from the DataTable are added as well. 

I've also noticed, that the code I have in my "ColumnCreated" event does not seem to fire on the columns I add dynamically.  I have a switch statement that checks the header text to decide what the background color should be set to.  This code works just fine on the other columns.

Any ideas what is causing this behavior?  Also, if I'm going to long way about either one of these two issues (Setting a specific column order, and conditionally applying a column background color) please let me know.  Thank you!

Samantha
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 May 2008
2 answers
167 views
It seems that the AjaxUpdate event must be delegated before the Page's OnLoad or else any controls programmatically added to the UpdatePanel won't be shown.  I have a test page setup, and moving the AjaxUpdate delegation to OnInit solves the problem.  This is kind of an inconvenience... is there a reason it's this way?  Thanks!
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 May 2008
0 answers
83 views
Hi,

I've juste installed RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX 2008 on my computer and all controls works well. But the wizard are not supposed to create the necessary virtual folders for RadControls during the installation?

If I execute the lives exemple page, It's start a temporary development server on some port. But with my previous version of RadControls (2007), I start the live exemple page with my IIS server (virtual directory), not with the integrated development server of Visual Studio.

Do I must create the virtual directory for RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX 2008 myself? Why the wizard have not install it during the installation process? I have IIS 5.1.
François
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 16 May 2008
1 answer
109 views
Did the OnAppointmentClick event start getting handled differently with Q1 SP1?  I have code that displays the details of items when clicked, but now the server side event isn't even getting fired when I put a breakpoint there.  Is there something I have to do so that it runs that event?
Mike Dennis
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 May 2008
3 answers
144 views
I quite like the look and functionality of the Telerik help documentation (seen here:  http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/introduction.html).

Does anyone know what tool was used to create and publish the help files?  Is it available for purchase?

Darren.
Darren
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 May 2008
2 answers
135 views

I am inexperienced with Telerik so I apologize if this is just a programmer issue.
Still if someone can easily see the solution please let me know.

My project uses a master page having a layout similar to this Telerik example:
http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/prometheus/Controls/Examples/Integration/FileBrowser/DefaultCS.aspx

I want the menu on top and two panes below. The left pane has a tree view. There is a splitter bar between the left pane and right pane.
It looks like this:

---Menu--------------------------------------
Left-pane-with-tree-view | Right-pane-with-content

Everything worked fine when I used RadControls for Asp.Net Ajax.
But after I installed RadControls for Asp.Net Ajax SP1 (and changed nothing else)
I get a layout like:

---Menu---- Left-pane-with-tree-view | Right-pane-with-content

Where the menu is to the left of the left pane instead of on top.
                        
Included below is the aspx of the master page

<%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="BalancedFlowSite.Master.cs" Inherits="BalancedFlow.WebSite3._5.MasterPages.BalancedFlowSite" %>

<%@ Register TagPrefix="rad" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
<head id="Head1" runat="server">
 <title>Balanced Flow</title>
 <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../Styles/site.css" />
 <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="head" runat="server">
 </asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
</head>
<body style="background: white url('../images/MenuItemBackground.gif') repeat-x;">
 <form id="form1" runat="server">
 <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />

 <rad:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManagerMain" runat="server">
 </rad:RadAjaxManager>
 <rad:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanelMain" runat="server" Height="75px" Width="75px">

  <asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..." ImageUrl="~/RadControls/Ajax/Skins/Default/Loading.gif" />
 </rad:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>

 <div class="wrapper1" style="height: 100%">

  <script type="text/javascript">
       function clickHandler(sender, eventArgs)
          {   
          if (!eventArgs.Item == null)
              {
               if (eventArgs.Item.Text == "BF Help")
              {
                  radopen(null,"Window1");
                  //Cancel the postback
                  return false;
              }
              }
          }   
  </script>

  <rad:RadMenu ID="RadMenuMain" OnClientItemClicking="clickHandler" runat="server"
   Skin="Web20" CausesValidation="false">
  </rad:RadMenu>
  <rad:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server">
   <Windows>
    <rad:RadWindow ID="Window1" runat="server" NavigateUrl="~/Help/index.html" />
   </Windows>
  </rad:RadWindowManager>
  <rad:RadSplitter ID="RadSplitterMain" runat="server" Height="100%" EnableClientDebug="False"
   Width="100%" BorderSize="0" BorderStyle="None">
   <rad:RadPane ID="RadPaneLeft" runat="server" Width="100px">
    <rad:RadSplitter ID="SplitterTreeView" runat="server" Orientation="Horizontal">
     <rad:RadPane ID="RadSlidingPaneSCS" runat="server" Width="263px" Scrolling="Both">
      <rad:RadTreeView ID="RadTreeViewSection" runat="server" Height="100%" Skin="Web20"
       AutoPostBack="True" CausesValidation="false">
       <Nodes>
        <rad:RadTreeNode runat="server" Text="Supply Net" />
       </Nodes>
      </rad:RadTreeView>
     </rad:RadPane>
    </rad:RadSplitter>
   </rad:RadPane>
   <rad:RadSplitBar ID="RadSplitBar1" runat="server" CollapseMode="Forward" />
   <rad:RadPane ID="RadPaneMain" runat="server" Width="100%" Scrolling="Y">
    <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="ContentPlaceHolderMainArea" runat="server">
    </asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
   </rad:RadPane>
  </rad:RadSplitter>
 </div>
 <asp:Literal ID="labelMessage" runat="server" EnableViewState="false"></asp:Literal>
 </form>
</body>
</html>

 

John Davis
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 May 2008
1 answer
96 views
Hi,

Is there any support in slider controls so that Left and Right arrow keys can be used to slide the drag handle once it's in focus?

If there is not support, is there any way to achieve that?

Thanks!
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2008
3 answers
130 views
I have a sliding pane that contains 2 positioned divs, one with a RadGrid and the other an Image button.  This looks great until I go to dock it.  Docking the sliding pane must actually combine it with the page so then my Div's are being positioned to the entire page and not just the sliding pane.

This is my code snippit of the section in question.
<telerik:RadSlidingPane ID="ColumnsSlider" runat="server" Width="200" Scrolling="None" 
    Title="Add Columns" EnableDock="false">  
    <div id="attributeGrid" runat="server" style="position:absolute; top:19px; left:5px; right:-2px; bottom:32px; overflow:scroll;">  
    <telerik:RadGrid ID="attributeList" runat="server" Skin="Office2007" GridLines="None" 
        Width="176px" Height="100%" AutoGenerateColumns="false" AllowMultiRowSelection="true">  
        <MasterTableView> 
            <Columns> 
                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="CheckBoxSelectColumn">  
                    <ItemTemplate> 
                        <asp:CheckBox ID="attributeCheckbox" runat="server" AutoPostBack="true" OnCheckedChanged="attributeCheckbox_CheckChanged" /> 
                    </ItemTemplate> 
                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> 
                <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="Name" DataField="Name" HeaderText="Name" HeaderStyle-Height="0" 
                    DataType="System.String" /> 
            </Columns> 
        </MasterTableView> 
    </telerik:RadGrid> 
    </div> 
    <div id="attributeBtn" runat="server" style="position:absolute; left:0px; right:0px; bottom:0px; height:32px;">  
        <center> 
            <asp:ImageButton ID="btnApplyChanges" runat="server" ImageUrl="Images/btnApplyChanges.gif" OnClick="btnApplyChanges_Click" /> 
        </center> 
    </div> 
</telerik:RadSlidingPane> 
 

Any suggestions on to making this look right?

Thanks
David
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 May 2008
2 answers
192 views

Hi

My tree control handles the NodeExpand event on the server. It also handles the client NodeExpanding event.

If the user clicks the expand icon on a tree node, I thought it would be efficient to check on the client side to see whether I have already got child nodes. If I have child nodes then there is no need to do a postback. However, I do still want the node to expand as the client has all the node data.

My problem is - How do I cancel the postback, but allow the node to expand?

Thanks,
Martin

    function onClientNodeExpanding(sender, args)  
    {  
        var childrencount = args.get_node().get_nodes().get_count();  
        if (childrencount > 0)  
        {  
            //don't cause a post back as we already have the children. However, we do actually want to expand   
            args.set_cancel(true);  
        }  
    }  
 
Martin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?