Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
7 answers
190 views
I have been developing my site to target IE, since that's what 95% of end users will be using. However the site needs to be as compatible as possible with Firefox and Safari as well. Here's where my problems begin.

I'm getting script errors (that have knock-effects to the point where ajax stops working) in several controls including RadAjaxManager, RadTreeView and RadPanelBar.

Here's an example error as reported by Safari (on RadTreeView.NodeClick) event:


I have no idea what the code at line 9025 does and no intention of attempting to debug it.

I get this error on just about every nodeclick. It doesn't seem to cause problems in IE (doesn't throw script errors either), but in Safari and FF it's fatal because ajax seems to stop working after a couple of these errors.

Cheers,
Daron
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2008
0 answers
89 views
Hello All,
Just wondering if some one had already done creating a chart webpart for sharepoint base on people submitting blogs. Would you mind sharing your thoughts about it.
Thanks,
Joel
Joel
Top achievements
Rank 2
 asked on 16 May 2008
3 answers
153 views
Hi,

I have create a page (aspx with Rad Grid) and another web control with (ascx).

The ascx will be used to add/edit data in grid.

        <EditFormSettings EditFormType="WebUserControl" UserControlName="BoardPositionDetails.ascx"> 
        </EditFormSettings> 
 

In WebUserControl I have used a RadTreeView. I am going to use on demand loading with rad tree. My problem is any event of radtree does not call the code behind event methods.

Is this possible to do ?

Thanks in advance

Dinesh
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2008
3 answers
182 views
Greetings, How do you assign a vanlue to a custom attribute based on an external drop down list or text box?
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2008
1 answer
74 views
After my </telerik:radmenu> control I put a header/banner img.

The banner shows up in IE and Firefox on the right side of the menu!

I put a <br /> after the radmenu and it still didn't work.  I put 2 <br /> tags and it moved the img down too far.  Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks!
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2008
0 answers
280 views
I have following in Master Page.
ScriptManager1_AsyncPostBackError()
and following in BasePage.
 OnError().

In OnError() I get Server.GetLastError(). Now, I want to display the message as javascript alert() or radalert() from OnError and do the Server.ClearError(). - first of all is it good idea?

Next, whatever message I set to AsyncPostBackErrorMessage  - as per documents - it is sent to browser. But then what happens to it? How can I get it on the client side and display it?
radScriptManager1.AsyncPostBackErrorMessage = exception.message

Will Page.OnError() be called in case of AsyncError?

Is it first of all good idea to display all errors back to user as alert() box?
-Piyush
Piyush Bhatt
Top achievements
Rank 2
 asked on 16 May 2008
6 answers
175 views
hi!

i'm using a modified skin (office2007) for scheduler - which works fine for the scheduler itself...

when i call the advanced edit form the calendar control that is used for the start & end date is missing it's images and the popup calendar seems to miss all css...

it searches for the images under the application root...

where can i set the skin, paths or style sheet for the calendar control within scheduler? or where / or how do i have to include the skin for the calendar control?

thank you very much for your help!
kind regards
reini
Reini
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 May 2008
3 answers
111 views
Hello im using the radeditor and i am trying to bind the html after the user has inputed the text they want, i would like to insert it into the database. Could someone explain to me how to do this
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2008
1 answer
81 views
Basically I have 3 tables:
Table 1: tblCars (fields: CarId, CarName)
Table 2: tblAppointments (fields: ApptId, ApptStart, ApptEnd...)
Table 3 (links 1 & 2): tblReserve (fields: ApptId, CarId)

An "Appointment" can reserve MANY cars, hence the need for Table 3.

I want a new appointment to allow them to select 1 or more cars then save it.  On save it saves the appointment and the necessary info to Table 3.

How do you suggest I handle this?  I was thinking that I could use Resource Types, but wasn't sure how to save them to Table 3 etc...

Any thoughts on this?
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2008
1 answer
161 views
Hi.

I am using a scheduler in a rad tabstrip. It is populated according to a projectID when a dropdownlist causes a postback.

If I don't rebind() the scheduler at page load, the scheduler doesn't populate on the first postback from the drop down list.

If I add RadScheduler1.Rebind() in the page load event, it works great except that the insert and update event don't work anymore.

What shall I do to combine both?
 
I have already added RadScheduler1.Rebind() to the selectedindexchanged event of the drop down list to no effect.
Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?