Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
76 views
Hi,

Last time I asked about export, but the grouping does not seem to work for an ajaxified grid. How to make this work?

Regards,
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
74 views
Hi,
I have created a page with a RADGrid which contains some user controls for displaying status and other things as graphics.

Various RADGrid features are enable: paging, scrolling, refresh, new record, etc.

When any of these buttons (i.e. next page) are clicked a message "ERROR ON PAGE" appears on the browser status bar.

Looking for suggestions on how to solve this.

Thanks
Brad
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
129 views
When you export to Excel, or Word, even on your web site demo, all you get is HTML?

Word and Excel can, poorly, deal with this, but it is ugly.
 
In Word you get the non-functioning page links,

In Excel you get a warning about "...different format than specified by file extension..." and "...Verify that the file is not corrupted..."

On our web page, we have check box, edit, delete, hidden ID, etc. columns and these come across as columns
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
85 views
I have a custom column header template for my RadGrid. Does anyone know how to make the header look like the native column headers? This is what my header template looks like:

            <Columns>
                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                    <HeaderTemplate>
                        <center>
                        <table id="ColumnSortHeader" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" border="0">
                            <tr align="center">
                                <td>
                                    <a href="#">Price Low to High</a>
                                </td>
                                <td>
                                    <a href="#">Price High to Low</a>
                                </td>
                                <td>
                                    <a href="#">Name A-Z</a>
                                </td>
                                <td>
                                    <a href="#">Name Z-A</a>
                                </td>
                            </tr>
                        </table>
                        </center>
                    </HeaderTemplate>
                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>  
            </Columns>   

What I wanted to do is make the cells look like the skin set for the RadGrid. Is this possible?

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 26 May 2008
2 answers
128 views
Hi all,
I have a RadGrid inside a RadMultiPage (part of a RadTab), I got it ajaxified by adding RadAjaxManagerProxy (with RadAjaxManager in my Master page) to it, and set the AjaxUpdatedControl' ControlID to be my RadGrid. Ajax is working for paging, sorting, etc... But for filtering, it causes postback. Any idea why?

Thanks,
Kenny.
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
157 views
i have a grid with 2- level  hierarchy. and i set 

CommandItemDisplay

="Top".

now problem is, for one of my columns i have to select the values of that column from a list control that will get the data from another sqldatasource.  how do i do that. because when i click on add new record, it shows me just the name of  those columns that appear in the grid with a textbox.

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 26 May 2008
5 answers
231 views
Hello all,

I want to have a label to display the grid row count and the columns sorts. I have multi sorting in the grid and by default it is sorted with 3 colmns and the user can still sort other column but I want the label to keep changing everytime the user is sorting the grid with the sequence the grid is sorted with.

Thank you for your help,
Shehab
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
103 views
How can i make a web page containing a "FORUM" using rad grid?
Is it possible?

If yes,
can you show me how,
and can you give me some codes to make this web page work properly.

thanks.,
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 26 May 2008
8 answers
187 views
I have problem with using the RadContextMenu with Rad Grid. I was using the Radgrid before with the Export Facility but after adding the Rad Menu it killed the export functionality . Now when i hit Export it shows the same grid with now buttons and does not ask to open or save the excel file.

Thanks
 
Ricky
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 25 May 2008
1 answer
73 views
Hi,

I've got a panel and on postback (callback actually) I clear the panel, create a new RadChart and add it to the panel.

This works great on the first callback but on every subsequent callback the chart does not change.  Its as if its cached?  Is there anyway that I can 'invalidate' the chart?

Thanks

Guido Tapia

Guido Tapia
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?