Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
83 views

All my details tables are expanded by default. I'd like to set the background color of every detail row to match the background color of its respective parent row. I assume it would be something along these lines:

Sub RadGrid1_ItemCreated(...)
   if itemcreated is a detail row
        determine if parent row is item or alternatingitem
        set detail row's background style to match item/alternating style         
   end if
End Sub

Is this possible? If so, could you please provide a sample code?

Thanks!

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
148 views
Hi,

    Is it possible to make the multiline RadTextBox dynamically change it's Height instead of showing the scrollbar? Exactly like the multiline input they use on FaceBook.com.

Thanks,
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
3 answers
148 views
Is there a way to restrict the movability of appointments even though the appointment is editable?

What I am trying to do is have certain appointments being locked down as not editable despite being able to double-click on them and view the entire information in the form.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
430 views
Hello,

I used RadNumericTextbox in FormView and in RadGrid. I used the methods Select, Insert and Update to bind data in this control.
I have some problems when I'm binding a data from type "Decimal" : on the loading, the value in the RadNumericTextbox is multiplied by 100 (because my decimal type is defined with 2 decimals).
This problem occurs when I'm using Text or Value property of my RadNumericTextbox.
If I used DbValue instead on Text or Value, the loaded value in my field is the good, but when I when to update my line, I have a conversion error :
Object of type 'System.Double' cannot be converted to type 'System.Decimal'.

How can I good configure my RadNumericTextbox to use correctly decimal values to bind in the 2 ways ?

Than you in advance,

Christophe.
Missing User
 answered on 26 May 2008
3 answers
130 views
Hello!

I have been working with radchart for some time now and now i have found something that i don't think i can solve by my self

I have a problem where i would need two charts on top of each other.
The chart i want should look something like this.

1-|            __________                         _________
0-|______|                   |____________|
    |                _
6-|   _          /  \
4-|  /   \       /     \
2-|/       \__/        \
0-|______________________________________

I Thought of stacked line chart but that required the same amount of chartserieitems for both series.
I have seen that there is a chartplotareascollection. Is it possible to include another plotarea in the chart? (On top of eachother)

I would be glad if you have a solution to my problem.
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
3 answers
310 views

I am creating and populating some comboboxes in code for a page using 2008 SP1.

Everything seems to work fine except that it will automatically set the selected item to the first item in the list (selectedindex = 0)

If I set the selectedindex to -1 it will revert to 0. Adding an empty item to the combobox will then show the empty text but it seems a bit clunky.

Is this behaviour of automatically selecting the first combobox item (and therefore not showing the emptymessage either) correct?

code extract below :-

RadComboBox cmb = new RadComboBox();

//Set the ID
cmb.ID = "cmb_" + row.MyID;
cmb.SelectedIndex = -1;

//Add the control to the listitem container
item.Controls.Add(cmb);

//Get the possible values
string[] values = Value.Split('|');

//Custom or fixed list?
cmb.AllowCustomText = Custom;
if (Custom)
    cmb.EmptyMessage = "Select a value or enter your own";
else
    cmb.EmptyMessage =
"Select a value";

//Will show empty message if I add a blank item to the combo first
//RadComboBoxItem emptyItem = new RadComboBoxItem(String.Empty);
//cmb.Items.Add(emptyItem);
//emptyItem.Selected = true;

foreach (string value in values)
{
    RadComboBoxItem cmbItem = new RadComboBoxItem(value);
    if (cmbItem.Text == row.Value)
        cmbItem.Selected =
true;
    cmb.Items.Add(cmbItem);
}

//If no item matched and cmbItem.Selected = true is not hit, it will still
//have selectedindex = 0 and show the first item, not the empty message

Helen
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
2 answers
245 views
Hi ,

I have used a  Rad Numeric Textbox,

i have  set it as  readonly=true.

If i  press '.' key, it resets  the  value  for another 2 values.

for Ex;

previuosly it is 135.54

after pressing '.' it becomes 13554.00

<radI:RadNumericTextBox EnabledStyle-Font-Names="verdana"  EnabledStyle-Font-Size="Small" BorderWidth="0" ReadOnly="true" ID="txtHedge"    NegativeStyle-ForeColor="red"  EnabledStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right" runat="server" MaxLength="18">

                                <EnabledStyle HorizontalAlign="Right" />

                                <NegativeStyle ForeColor="Red" />                                            

                            </radI:RadNumericTextBox>


Please help me out in this issue.

Thanks,
Sasikumar
Sasikumar
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
115 views
Hi,

I have been trying to use the EnableEmbeddedSkins by setting in my Default Theme I have for the website and then for more complicated Grids I am creating putting  EnableEmbeddedSkins="true" however this is not overriding the setting in my Theme file?

Is there something I am missing?

in the Theme:
<telerik:RadGrid runat="server" PageSize="5" AllowPaging="True" CssClass="nomargin" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false">
                       <PagerStyle Position="Bottom" ShowPagerText="False" VerticalAlign="Bottom" Mode="NextPrevNumericAndAdvanced" />
</telerik:RadGrid>

In the ascx file:
            <telerik:RadGrid ID="rgUsers" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="false" GroupingEnabled="true"
                OnNeedDataSource="BindGridNeedDataSource" EnableViewState="true" AllowSorting="true"
                ShowGroupPanel="true" Width="100%"
                EnableEmbeddedSkins="true" Skin="Default2006" CssClass="nomargin">

Any thoughts?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
260 views
Hi Fellas

I'm having trouble with the new controls that force the page to do a postback with the upload control. With the old control i had to use some javascript to get the postback to work and now that's not doing it anymore. Here's my page layout

AjaxPanel with a Tabstrip and a multipage inside. Inside one of my pages is the upload control.

Here is the javascript i had to use with the old controls:

function ValidateRadUpload1(source, arguments) 
{ 
   arguments.IsValid = getRadUpload('<%= RadUpload1.ClientID %>').validateExtensions(); 
} 
             
function realPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument) 
{ 
    $find("<%= RadAjaxPanel1.ClientID %>").__doPostback(eventTarget, eventArgument); 
} 
             
function CloseAndRebind(args) 
{ 
    GetRadWindow().Close(); 
    GetRadWind().BrowserWindow.refreshGridP(args); 
} 
             
function GetRadWindow() 
{ 
    var oWindow = null; 
    if(window.radWindow)  
         oWindow = window.radWindow; //Will work in Moz in all cases, includine classic dialog 
    else if(window.frameElement.radWindow) 
         oWindow = window.frameElement.radWindow; //IE (and Moz as well 
    return oWindow; 
} 
             
function CancelEdit() 
{ 
    GetRadWindow().Close(); 
} 


How do i solve this problem?
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
147 views
Is there a way to "lock" a zone once a pre-determined number of docks have been moved into it? I tried setting enabled = false once the zone.docks.count hits a certain number but I can still add more docks into it after disabling. TIA
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?