Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
410 views
i've built a form which has tooltips defined for each row of the table the form is layed out on. using the mouse to go to a particular field within the form is great because the tooltips show as you mouse over each element - even mousing over the prompts shows the tooltips because they are in the same table row as the field and the title= is defined on the table row.

the only issue is that the forms tend to be long and most users will tab from field to field instead of using their mouse. that means they may not see the tooltips. so, what i want to do is have the onfocus of the form fields call a function to show the tooltip that relates to them. But how to do that? How do i get a reference to the instance of the tooltip for that particular row of the table?

any pointers gratefully received.

one other approach to this as a fallback option would be to have the tooltip only on the form fields and make it respond to both onMouseOver and onFocus. Is that possible?

thanks,
rob
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
212 views
I'm testing your new controls. I would like to use RadTabStrip for navigation and I wonder if it is possible to somehow load a new .aspx when I click on a tab. I don't want to use NavigeateToUrl since it causes a complete postback.

Thanks, Jernej
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
197 views
Here is my scenario:

I have a form with a radWindow.  The parent form shows Site A, and the window shows Site B.  Users navigate through site B through the window (while the parent form stays the same) and complete a process and click on a final link.  That link redirects the window back to a page in Site A.  I want this page(which is currently loading in the window) to CLOSE the window, and redirect the parent form to another page.

I have very limited access to do any coding on Site B, and therefore everything should be accomplished on site A.

How can I accomplish this?  Thank you in advance for your support.
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
78 views
In the documentation for the AJAX RadEditor on the Intro to Toolbars page, it states that the tool name for the spell checker is 'SpellCheck'.  It should say that the tool name is 'AjaxSpellCheck'.

SpellCheck throws a JS alert stating 'The SpellCheck command is not implemented yet'

-Rich
George
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
491 views
Hi - We are currently using RadMenu and trying to make it work consistently with IE 6 and IE 7. It looks good in IE 7 but in IE 6, there is spacing between each sub-menu option. Also, strangely in IE 6, on hover over the sub-menu links, the color does not change for all sub-menu options. The css we are using is as below. Any ideas? Thanks.


.RadMenu_yankee {
    height: 14px;
    margin-left: 12px;
}
.RadMenu_yankee .link {
    padding-left: 7px;
    padding-right: 7px;
    line-height: 14px;
    text-decoration:none;
    cursor: pointer;   
}

.RadMenu_yankee .link:hover, .RadMenu_yankee .focused, .RadMenu_yankee .expanded {   
    cursor: pointer;
}
 
.RadMenu_yankee .text {
    font-size: 1.1em;
font-weight:bold;
    font-family: font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    color:white;
    text-transform:none;
}
.RadMenu_yankee .Selected .text, .RadMenu_yankee .link:hover .text {
    color:#E3B367;
}
.RadMenu_yankee .group {
}
.RadMenu_yankee .group .text,
.RadMenu_yankee .group .link:hover .text {
    font-size: 1.1em;
    font-weight:normal;
    text-transform:none;
    padding-left:2px;
    margin-left:0pt;
}
.RadMenu_yankee .group .link {
    background: #00709E ;
    text-align: left;
    color:#0068A5;
    cursor: pointer;
    border:solid 8px #00709E;
}

.RadMenu_yankee .group .link:hover, .RadMenu_yankee .group .focused, .RadMenu_yankee .group .expanded {
    /* makes hover orange on item */
    font-weight: normal;
    color:#0068A5;
    cursor: pointer;
}
.RadMenu_yankee .leftArrow, .RadMenu_yankee .rightArrow,
.RadMenu_yankee .topArrow, .RadMenu_yankee .bottomArrow,
.RadMenu_yankee .leftArrowDisabled, .RadMenu_yankee .rightArrowDisabled,
.RadMenu_yankee .topArrowDisabled, .RadMenu_yankee .bottomArrowDisabled {
    background: #ededed url('img/left.gif') center center no-repeat;
    width:15px;
}
.RadMenu_yankee .topArrow, .RadMenu_yankee .topArrowDisabled {
    background-image:url('img/top.gif');
    width:100%;
}
.RadMenu_yankee .bottomArrow, .RadMenu_yankee .bottomArrowDisabled {
    background-image:url('img/bottom.gif');
    width:100%;
}
.RadMenu_yankee .rightArrow, .RadMenu_yankee .leftArrow {
    height:100%;
}
.RadMenu_yankee .rightArrow, .RadMenu_yankee .rightArrowDisabled {
    background-image: url('img/right.gif');
}
.RadMenu_yankee .expandLeft, .RadMenu_yankee .expandRight {
    background: transparent url(img/groupImage.gif) right center no-repeat;
    /*margin-right: 4px;*/
}
.RadMenu_yankee .link:hover .expandLeft,
.RadMenu_yankee .link:hover .expandRight,
.RadMenu_yankee .focused .expandLeft,
.RadMenu_yankee .focused .expandRight,
.RadMenu_yankee .expanded .expandLeft,
.RadMenu_yankee .expanded .expandRight {
    background:transparent url(img/invertedGroupImage.gif) right center no-repeat;
}
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
2 answers
121 views

Good Morning,

I have a license related issue. I started to develop an application using the previous version of telerik controls, the one where the controls were in individual packages. My client is now ready to buy the needed licences, but I don’t find any licenses for the individual controls. There is only the new bundle. 

If I buy this licence, can i continue to use the individual controls without using the new namespace Telerik.web.ui ?

Regards,

al
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 May 2008
2 answers
113 views
Hi,

I am attempting to create a menu maintenance page that allows an admin to rearrange the menu with drag and drop of the nodes within the treeview. The treeview is loaded from a sitemap table and written back in it's entirity during the save.

First question: How can I disable the NavigateURL mode? I could just leave it off the bind, but I need the URL to rewrite out the structure once the menu has been rearranged. Is there a way? I would rather not have the user navigating away while they try and move menu items around.

Second question: When dragging and dropping a node using the code from your demo, it loses the NavigateURL field. Can this attribute be moved during a drag & drop operation especially between two separate treeviews? If so, can you assist with pointing me in the right direction.

Many thanks for the help as well as a great product,

Clyde


Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
2 answers
221 views
Hi,

Using v2008.1.515.20, I noticed a difference between DatePopupButton and TimePopupButton when EnableEmbeddedSkins is set to "false" on a RadDateTimePicker.

I set up my RadDateTimePicker like this :
<telerik:RadDateTimePicker ID="rdtpBegin" runat="server" SharedCalendarID="sharedCalendar" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedScripts="true"> 
</telerik:RadDateTimePicker> 

For the DatePopupButton, the images are there even if not explicitly set, but the TimePopupButton images are missing, resulting in some major flickering in Firefox and the missing-image X in IE7.

Setting both ImageUrl and HoverImageUrl in the code-behind solve the problem, but what is the intended behavior when using EnableEmbeddedSkins="false"?

Thanks,

Dominic.
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
71 views
Hello,

I am having troubles inserting records.  I have copied most of the sample code for multiple resources, and the scheduler allows me to update.  However, when I click on an empty cell, the little dialog to enter the subject appears, and when I click on "more", it never displays the default insert form.  The cell stays blank, and then nothing else seems to work in the scheduler (the context menu no longer shows, the current cell is not highlighted when you hover over, etc.)

Has anybody seen something like this?

Thanks.
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
156 views
Does anyone have a good example to implement this control using the data access layer using database instead of the session? Thanks!
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?