Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
8 answers
251 views
Is there any way to navigate from month view to a specific day (in DayView) by clicking on the number in the upper left corner of the day cell?  I don't think there is and ended up writing some javascript to attach click events and calculating the offsets. 

Same thing goes for the week view, but in this case by clicking on the day in the header I woud like to navigate to that day in DayView. 

If it is not currently on the list of requested features I think it would be tremendously valuable in the finished product.  (I modeled what I did after Outlook 2007)

Etienne
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 May 2008
3 answers
135 views
Hi,
i would like to display the MonthView but showing only M-F. hide sat/sunday.
but from the code and sample the days are incorrect?

the demo is from here:
http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Scheduler/Examples/Customization/DefaultCS.aspx

Choose Firstday=Monday
LastDay=Friday
and view as monthview.

Friday ends on the 2nd and it has Monday the 3rd,
Monday should be the 5th.

Is Monthview by Monday-Friday possible?

thanks.
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
4 answers
149 views

It seems that I cannot find the answer to what I need to do with the Scheduler in the documentation and online, but I would imagine it’s been done many times. We keep a list of tasks for each user and we want to associate the tasks with appointments (sometimes). I have a table of Tasks with the PK being TaskID type Int. I also have an Appointment table with one of the fields called TaskID so it can have the ability to link back to the Tasks; its type is also Int. I don’t want to use the resources and show the users the tasks to select from , instead they will select that from a grid outside the scheduler. The idea now is to intercept the Insert operation and add the TaskID to the appointment. How do I do that? (by the way, I use Object Datasource and VB)

 Thanks for all the help.

-Sam

Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
119 views
Hi,

This seems like it should be straightforward, but I can't find the details....

Is there a good resource for the various properties you can use for the TextAppearance property within the HTML tags in RadChart?

e.g.

For a series you can set:

 <Appearance TextAppearance-TextProperties-Color="255,255,255" TextAppearance-TextProperties-Font="Verdana, 12pt">

But what I can't do is find the syntax to make the font bold:

e.g.

 <Appearance TextAppearance-TextProperties-Color="255,255,255" TextAppearance-TextProperties-Font="Verdana, 12pt, Bold">

Doesn't work.

I can achieve this programatically by using:

RadChart1.Series.Item(x).Appearance.TextAppearance.TextProperties.Font = New System.Drawing.Font("Verdana", 12, System.Drawing.FontStyle.Bold)

But what's the syntax to do this directly in the tag? For now it's just the syntax for bold/font weight I'm after, but if there's a good article on the various options for this that would be great.

Thanks
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
154 views
What is the syntax (or is it possible) to reference one of the embedded resources from telerik?  I have created a grid that has a custom CommandItemTemplate containing a Telerik Toolbar.  I want to create a refresh button that is pulled from the telerik dll.  I noticed that some of the build it ImageUrl properites use a synxax like:  

mvwres://Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.415.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4/Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Default.Grid.Refresh.gif

If I cut and paste this into the Toolbar Button image, it doesn't seem to work. 

Am I totally off base here?

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
427 views
When clicking on the Portal icon in the Docking examples, I get the following error:

The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.

Source Error:


Line 21: {
Line 22: rates = new XmlDocument();
Line 23: rates.Load(new XmlTextReader("http://www.czechinfocenter.com/currency.rss"));
Line 24: Cache["Dock_Examples_Default_ExchangeRates"] = rates;
Line 25: }


Source File: c:\Program Files\Telerik\RadControls for ASPNET AJAX Q1 2008\Live Demos\Dock\Examples\Default\ExchangeRates.ascx.cs Line: 23
 
I am running the application behind a proxy server and have tried loading the solution in both VS2005 and VS2008 with the same result.

I have tried varuous solutions involving altering the code in the relevant page to create a new WebProxy object and assigning it my credentials but have not been able to overcome the error.

Any suggestions?
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
116 views
It's possible to change the text to an EditorDropDown with Javascript?

We need to put the selected item to the text of EditorDropDown.

Thank you!
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
100 views
How can we track user information such as

If user is out of office.
    holiday or vacation

Standar Working time
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
172 views
Hi,
I use the DayRender event to make specific dates look different base on data.

This works perfectly: I set.Cells.Font.Bold to true. This results in the given date is bold.

Problem is when I hover over other dates, and hover on the "bold" date, the the bold style is overwritten and set back to default.

I use the Vista skin on the Calendar.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Nicolas
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
136 views
Hello,

I have a side effect with the javascipt given in Telerik sample, When I want to add a RadTreeView, the treview stop expanding and collapsing when clicking on an image.
How could I correct this.
Here is my  page code with javascript directly from the sample.
The Treeview is loaded from a custom control in one Pane.
RadPanelMenu is simply a class wrapper arounf RadPanelBar.

<%@ Control Language="c#" AutoEventWireup="true"  %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="cc1" Namespace="AW.WebControls" Assembly="WCore" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<asp:ScriptManagerProxy ID="ScriptManagerProxyDeskTop" runat=server />
<div class="wt_DefaultLayoutDiv">
<div>
    <cc1:WT3Panes ID="TPans" Height="100%" ShowLastSeparator="False" ShowFirstSeparator="False"
        CellPadding="0" CellSpacing="0" runat="server">
        <LeftPaneTemplate>
        <div style="height:30px" ></div>
        </LeftPaneTemplate>
        <LeftPaneStyle CssClass="LeftPane" VerticalAlign="Top"></LeftPaneStyle>
        <ContentPaneStyle CssClass="ContentPane" VerticalAlign="Top" HorizontalAlign="left">
        </ContentPaneStyle>
        <RightPaneStyle CssClass="RightPane" VerticalAlign="Top"></RightPaneStyle>
    </cc1:WT3Panes>
</div>
<div style="position:fixed; top:0; left:0">
        <asp:ImageButton runat="server" ID="tbimage" SkinID='FloatButton' Style="float: left; outline: 0;" />
        <div id="slidingDiv" style="visibility: hidden; position: relative; float: left;
            display: block">
            <cc1:RadPanelMenuNavigation ID="NavMen" runat="server" Bind="BindOptionTop" UseTabNameInUrl="True" ShowImages='True'
                AutoBind="True" EnableViewState='False' ExpandMode="MultipleExpandedItems" ImgWidth=20 BackColor=Transparent EnableTheming='true' PersistStateInCookie='true' >
            </cc1:RadPanelMenuNavigation>
        </div>
    <script type="text/javascript">
            var panelDomElement = $get('<%=NavMen.ClientID %>');
            if (panelDomElement)
            {
                SetUpAnimation('<%=tbimage.ClientID %>', Telerik.Web.UI.SlideDirection.Right,panelDomElement);
            }
           
            function SetUpAnimation(image, direction,element)
            {
                element.style.position = "relative";
                var slider = document.getElementById(image);
            
                var expanded = false;
               
                var expandAnimation =new Telerik.Web.UI.AnimationSettings({});
                var collapseAnimation = new Telerik.Web.UI.AnimationSettings({});
               
                var slide = new Telerik.Web.UI.Slide(element, expandAnimation, collapseAnimation, false);
            
                slide.initialize();
               
                slide.set_direction(direction);
               
                slider.onclick = function ()
                {
                    element.parentNode.style.visibility = "visible";
                    element.parentNode.style.display = "block";
                    if (!expanded)
                    {
                        slide.expand();
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        slide.collapse();
                    }
                    expanded = !expanded;
                    return false;
                }
            }
    </script>
 </div>
</div>

Thanks for answer.
CS
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?