Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
294 views
I have a RadGrid in a DNN module which the first column is a GridButtonColumn called Report.  If the user clicks Report button a Crystal Report is displayed on seperate window not within DNN.  The user can view print or export the report.

Well this worked fine until I finally got AJAX working in DNN.  I was registering a startup script after capturing in a session variable the row clicked identified.  In the RadGrid ItemCommand event I identified it was the button pressed which still works but now I can not because of AJAX register a script to run.  I tried just adding a function on the User Control but have not figured out how I can call this function from the ItemCommand event.  I read how to do Callbacks and they act like I need...the client passes back to the server information on what was requested and them the callback fires back a function on the client with passed arguments. 

It would be nice if I could make RadGrid fire a function OnClicked for GridButtonColumn but have found no way of redirecting the event to a client function.  The javascript on the client is:

<
script type="text/javascript">
    function
OpenReport(arg, context)
    {
         window.open(arg,
"_blank","width=700, height=500, scrollbars=yes, menubar=no, resizable=1");
    }
</script>

and the partial code behind for RadGrid ItemCommand is:

If e.CommandName = "Report" Then
    Dim dataItem As GridDataItem = CType(e.Item, GridDataItem)
    If dataItem("Rev").Text <> "1" Then
        Dim pagePath As String = Me.ResolveUrl("Report.aspx")
        Session(
"rptID") = dataItem("ID").Text
        Session(
"rptRev") = dataItem("Rev").Text

        ????????? DO NOT KNOW HOW TO CALL FUNCTION OpenReport ???????

    End
If
End If

Can you please lead me in the right direction?

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 May 2008
2 answers
188 views
I would like to add two radcombobox in the RadGrid to do the Edit and Add function, when I click the first radcomobox, the second radcomobox will bind other data depend on the first radcomobox input value. I attempt to try


  Protected Sub RadComboBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal o As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBoxSelectedIndexChangedEventArgs) Handles RadComboBox1.SelectedIndexChanged
        Me.RadComboBox2.DataSource = "SqlDataSource3"
        Me.RadComboBox2.DataBind()
    End Sub

But nothing happen when the system after autopost
How can I do?
314
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 May 2008
1 answer
84 views

Good morning,
I would like to know what is the best approach to feed my spreadsheet with your control RadGrid.

I need to build a grid to check the permissions of my roles.
------------------------------------
  Rights |  RoleA  | RoleB | RoleZ      <-Table of Roles
-------------------------------------

  RightA |    X    |       |    X 
-------------------------------------
  RightB |         |   X   |     
-------------------------------------
  RightC |    X    |       |    X 
-------------------------------------

The data structure is simple. We have 3 tables.
Table of Roles  (Header columns) 
Table of Rights (Header rows)
And a table relationship between Rights and Roles
Table RightRolesAllow (1) right --> (n) roles

Each cell is a record in the table RightRolesAllow
I have a checkbox in each cell except the first column which is a static text, in order to create or delete a record in the table RightRolesAllow.

Can I take a declarative approach, or do I build everything by programming.  

Thanks 

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 May 2008
1 answer
131 views
I think i have a Bug here. When a I have a RadTreeView and i set the CheckBoxes properties to true, and in the same webform i have a RadformDecorator i would't check the nodes' checkboxes.
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 27 May 2008
2 answers
84 views
How can i get the startdate and enddate of a monthview Calender(not month). Generally srartdate is any date of previous month enddate is any date of next month
 
 
in this July'2008 the startdate is June 29 and enddate is 2nd Aught ..... i want to get this value from code
Krishnangshu
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 May 2008
1 answer
142 views
Hi,

Just want to know how to do Pagination in Rad Grid in the following format :

≤123456 ≥
where ≥ redirects me to last page and similarly ≤ to redirect me to first page.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 May 2008
1 answer
77 views
I am trying to find a sample that will help me with the following problem:

1. Have a RADGrid displaying records (Say, Customer records)
2. Added a Template, to the RADGrid, with an ImageButton that opens a window with a form to add a note that relates the customer

What I need is the Customer ID to automatically appear on the "add a note" window. I cannot work out how to pass (or reference) the Customer ID from the "add a note" window.

Brad
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 May 2008
1 answer
169 views
Hello,

I'm trying to change a .NET 3.5 application to .NET 2.0 application. This application uses telrik controls.

When i change the target .NET reference to 2.0 and recompile i get this error.

The type 'System.Web.UI.IScriptControl' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

I've added the reference, but then once i recompiled i get this error

Assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.415.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' uses 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

Is there a assembly version for the Telerik.Web.UI that uses a lower version of System.web.Extensions?

Thanks
Eric
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 27 May 2008
1 answer
87 views
Hi,
     Please let me know the steps how to install telerik controls with version information asap . Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Preeti
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 27 May 2008
3 answers
287 views
I recently made a post on how to configure RadGrid to display a parent/child hierarchy using LINQ. This is the link to the solution... http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bdbmbg.aspx . It becomes easy once you know how.

I can do an update to a record if using a single table but have been unable to update a detail record in the parent/child hierachy.

Is code required to do the update?

I have created a sample web project with the setup including a database but cannot attach it to this post. Where can I email this to make it easier for others to view the sample.

Brad
ATX
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?