Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
302 views
I have a radwindow with a grid being opened on the click of a button.

I want to retrieve al the datakey values for a sleceted row on the client side and pass it back to the calling page.

I am unable to get a collection of keys.
Do i have to extract each datakey value with the datakeyname.

In radgrid for asp.net we could do something like:

function SelectClicked()
{

    var grid = window[\"gridPopup\"];
    if(grid.SelectedItems[0] != null)
    {
        var row = grid.SelectedRows[0];
        var oWindow = GetRadWindow();
        scriptText.Append("oWindow.Close(row.KeyValues);
    }
}

But this doesn't work with prometheus.

Please suggest.

newbie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 May 2008
1 answer
115 views

We are trying to use the spell checking tool. We noted that while it detects the error, the correct word is seldom in the list of possible words. We have set the attributes correctly and can even reproduce the problem using the spell checker for English on the Telerik website. To reproduce the problem, try the following sentences:

1.       This is a test where the wodr is spelt wrong.  ----- wodr is detected as bad spelling and many options are suggested as corrections, but the most obvious where just the last 2 letters are in the wrong order is no. The option “word” is not in the list of possible corrections.

2.       This is a tets where the word is spelt wrong. ------ tets is also detected as bad spelling, but “test” is not suggested as a possible correction.

It seems to me that the algorithm is incorrect if it can suggest so many possible corrections with many different letters that are not in the word, but it does not suggest the word where the letter order is typed incorrectly, which is a frequent error users would make.

Please advise.

Regards

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
7 answers
319 views
Not sure why this is occuring.

LoadingPanel has a spinning circle (standard Telerik) -  stops while
the grid is loading. 

David
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 May 2008
4 answers
316 views
For what its worth...

After working a few days with Telerik RadNumericTextBox it worked nicely in IE 7, FireFox but not in Safari on Windows.

I am using Safari Version 3.1(525.13)

I had a RadNumericTextBox inside a several panels, which were inside of a ASP.NET MultiView, which was inside of a ASP.NET Ajax Update Panel.

After scratching my noggin for a couple of days I kept strange javascript errors, I checked the web Inspector in Safari, and found the following error:

Failed to load. Check for:
Inaccessible path.
Script errors. (IE) Enable 'Display a notification about every script error' under advanced settings.
Missing call to Sys.Application.notifyScriptLoaded().

I did the following:

1. changed my ScriptManager and specified a path
2. Include the asp.net AJAX scripts in a folder under my solution.
3. Write an exe that would rename the scripts supplied with Telerik to the names that were expected in the source.
Something like: /Scripts/Telerik.Web.UI/2008.1.415.20/Telerik.Web.UI.Input.MaskedTextBox.RadMaskedInputScript.js
4. Edit the scripts that were failing and added the following code to the end of the script:
    if(typeof(Sys)!=='undefined')Sys.Application.notifyScriptLoaded();

So far I have changed the following scripts:
Telerik.Web.UI.Input.NumericTextBox.RadNumericInputScript.js
Telerik.Web.UI.Input.TextBox.RadInputScript.js
Telerik.Web.UI.Input.MaskedTextBox.RadMaskedInputScript.js

By the way Telerik in there install supplies them as:
    Scripts\Input\TextBox\RadInputScript.js
But the exe that I wrote to rename all 63 of them to the correct names worked like a charm.


And I still have to check the rest of the scripts being used in my application.
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
2 answers
228 views
ToolTip Manager demo

In the C# code of this demo, there's a reference to details.Data, but I can't tell what Data is. I checked all the tabs and can't tell to what it's referring.


private void UpdateToolTip(string elementID, UpdatePanel panel) 
        { 
            Control ctrl = Page.LoadControl("Information.ascx"); 
            panel.ContentTemplateContainer.Controls.Add(ctrl); 
            Information details = (Information)ctrl; 
            details.Data = SelectItemsById(elementID); 
            
        }                       

DeadlyAccurate
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 May 2008
5 answers
129 views
I've spent the past few hours looking for a good example and haven't found one.  How do you use LoadOnDemand with a user control??? I have a Datalist that loads images using XML and a file folders (no database).  In the Datalist ItemTemplate, I currently am doing things the old way, with linkbuttons etc which when clicked, opens a radWindow that has a page with the image details/order options etc.  This needs to be replaced with the ToolTip LoadOnDemand, but I have yet to find a clear example on how this is accomplished.  In the tool tip, there needs to be a user control that takes in a few querystring parameters to load the appropriate data.  So far the closest example thats remotely clsoe to understandable, is exteremely short, has no real useful information and uses HTML controls....

Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
6 answers
295 views
When you load on demand from a Web Service, is there a way to add fields to the "context" argument? In my test it contains only "NumberOfItems" and "Text".
Ideally I would like to gather more info about the calling RadCombo. Help anyone?

Thank you
Andrew
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
1 answer
162 views
Hi,

Is any way to reduce viewstate size of radnumerictextbox control? When type is set to number viewstate is about 1k for each control, and with type not set its about 800bytes. Disabling viewstate is not an option for me.

Regards
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
2 answers
230 views
I've installed radcontrol asp.net ajax Q1 2008 trial ver. 515 on windows 2003 server and vs 2005. I've configured web site in IIS on "Live Demo" folder.
This installation are fully ok.

After this, i've installed (i've try manual and automatic installation) same package on other test server whitout VS2005, but only IIS 6, it's all ok but when i click on "about dialog, image manager, flah manager or similar" appear box of dialoghandler whith message "404 error - page not found".

can help me ?

marco li mandri
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 May 2008
1 answer
99 views
Hello,

I am not able to change RadSlidingZone's BackColor property to whatever I want. When I was using Premethous version of RadTelerikControls, I fixed by changing CSS file however new version dosn't provide textual CSS so I tried to pats around control and modify  back color property. If i change width it is allowing me to change (because I checked using view source). But if I change BackColor property of RadSlidingZone, I don't see any changes related to backcolor in viewsource.

Would you let me know how can I change only BackColor property of RadSlidingZone to whatever I want.


Thanks,
Jigar
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?