Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
8 answers
367 views
Hello,

I'm attempting to implement RadSplitter in full screen mode for my site.  I have everything working well, but am somewhat dissapointed with the delay that occurs until the page is laid out correctly.

I have gone ahead and used the VisibleDuringInit, which also works well, but I'm actually trying to address the delay itself.

When viewing the online demo that shows full screen, there is a .5 - 1 second delay before the page fully adjusts.  In the "classic" RadSplliter demo, this works really well and fast. 

It seems to me that something in the underlaying architecture is causing the delay before the layout functions kick in.

Is there any way to speed this up and have it more quickly like the "classic" RadSplitter did?  I really want to use the control, bit this lag makes the web site itself feel slow, which is not the case.

Thanks,
Chris
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
3 answers
152 views
Hi!
I have a RadTreeView with a context menu.
The context menu have 3 options:
1) edit
2) add
3) delete

When the users click the option 1 and 2,  I show a form with the Node Info throw AjaxManager.(just the form)

How can i do to update with AjaxManager the treeview when the users click "Delete" option ?

Thanks!
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
1 answer
113 views
Hi,
When I try to open my solution in IE7 i got the following error


Profile.bgColour = ColorTranslator.ToHtml(RadColorPicker1.SelectedColor)

It works fine in IE6

Has anyone else come across this problem and if so found a solution?

Thanks in Advance

Stuart
stuart
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 May 2008
1 answer
115 views
Hello, i would like to upgrade my production site with the last telerik version. But, the Radpanel cookie format has changed.
In a old version, when a user has clicked on a menu item, the cokie looks like this:

{"SelectedItem":"ctl00_LoginView2_Menu1_RadPanelbarMenu_p2_p1_p1","ExpandedItems":"ctl00_LoginView2_Menu1_RadPanelbarMenu_p1,ctl00_LoginView2_Menu1_RadPanelbarMenu_p2,ctl00_LoginView2_Menu1_RadPanelbarMenu_p2_p1,ctl00_LoginView2_Menu1_RadPanelbarMenu_p3,ctl00_LoginView2_Menu1_RadPanelbarMenu_p4"}

in the last version ( 2008.1.515.35 ) the cookie looks like this:

{"SelectedItems":["2:1:1"],"ExpandedItems":["1","2:1","2","3","4"]}

The probleme is, when a user with the old cookie come back to my new site version, i have an exception
<StackTrace>   Ã  System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.ConvertObjectToTypeInternal(Object o, Type type, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError, Object&amp; convertedObject)  
   Ã  System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.ConvertObjectToTypeMain(Object o, Type type, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError, Object&amp; convertedObject)  
   Ã  System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.AssignToPropertyOrField(Object propertyValue, Object o, String memberName, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError)  
   Ã  System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.ConvertDictionaryToObject(IDictionary`2 dictionary, Type type, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError, Object&amp; convertedObject)  
   Ã  System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.ConvertObjectToTypeInternal(Object o, Type type, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError, Object&amp; convertedObject)  
   Ã  System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.ConvertObjectToTypeMain(Object o, Type type, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError, Object&amp; convertedObject)  
   Ã  System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.ConvertObjectToType(Object o, Type type, JavaScriptSerializer serializer)  
   Ã  System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize(JavaScriptSerializer serializer, String input, Type type, Int32 depthLimit)  
   Ã  System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize[T](String input)  
   Ã  Telerik.Web.UI.RadPanelBar.LoadState(String state)  
   Ã  Telerik.Web.UI.RadPanelBar.LoadStateFromCookie()  
   Ã  Telerik.Web.UI.RadPanelBar.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)  
   Ã  System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()  
   Ã  System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()  
   Ã  System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()  
   Ã  System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()  
   Ã  System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()  
   Ã  System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()  
   Ã  System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()  
   Ã  System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)</StackTrace> 

how can i resolve this ?

Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
1 answer
371 views
how i use RadScriptBlock and where i get this control. i have 2007 telerik component.Please help me.
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
1 answer
82 views
I am using webblue for skinning a toolbar.  I am dynamically loading the toolbar with items at runtime.  When the toolbar has no items and I have the toolbar disabled, it still shows a small portion of the skin on the left side.  I would have assumed there shouldn't be anythign showing since it is empty.  Is there any resolution for this?
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
3 answers
177 views

I have just found that there is a latest 2008.1.515 is available.  I downloaded the hotfix version and replaced the existing files in c:\telerik\...\bin\*.*.

My questions:
1. besides the dll files, do i have to update the modules and handlers settings in web.config?  It is still pointing to 1.415 as follows:

   <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.415.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"
    validate="false" />
   <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.415.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"
    validate="false" />
   <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.415.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"
    validate="false" />

2. should I replace the spell-check files in app_data as well?

Besides, when deploying to the server, do I have to run installation on the server before copying my project files? (I do not use GAC.)  Or just copy the \BIN\*.DLL along with other files.
 
Thanks

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
0 answers
137 views
What is the css rule I need to modify to adjust the image location for a PanelBar image? Currently, when I add an image to a PanelBarItem it's sitting at the top of the item, and I want to center it vertically, kind of like the ImageAlign="absmiddle" attribute on .net image controls.
kriskramer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 23 May 2008
2 answers
165 views
Hi,
  I've been using the Telerik controls for close to 2.5 years now but have not really had to dig into the functionality of Spell.  I've got an application scenario that requires a dynamic dictionary.  Consider many users updating a single dictionary and each of those users having access to all updates.

From what I can tell Spell only uses text files.  I considered how I might to this but multiple file sharing is always messy.  The elegant solution would be to store dictionary entries in a database then generate the dictionary on the fly when a user needed to use the dictionary.  The only problem being is that there doesn't seem to be any functionality in Spell to connect it to a database source.

I have considered using the DictionaryImporter class in conjunction with the MemoryStream class as an avenue of investigation but have not done so yet.

So my question to you is what is involved in getting Spell to use an database for dictionaries rather than form .tdf files?
Cheers,

Michael
Michael Harrison
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 May 2008
4 answers
137 views

How can i insert picture to calendar (like your example in special days).
I didn't find how can i fill the content propertie with image object for DayTemplate.
Please send me a full code for server side programaticlly to see image in the calendar.

Where can i find the code behind for your aspx calendar examples (special days).

udi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?