Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
111 views
Has the documentation for adding additional custom tools to the toolbar be released for version 5.0.0.0 yet? 

From what I can tell it seems to be quite diffent from version 4.x.

Thanks,
Dave
George
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
1 answer
74 views
Don't know if it affects any other versions of Opera, but in mine (9.26 on Vista) the RadEditor overflows it's container and disappears underneath any elements that are below it on the page.

I'm guessing this is a CSS issue, and it affects the editor using all the skins I've tried.

For reference, view http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Editor/Examples/Default/DefaultCS.aspx

to reproduce the problem.

Matt
George
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
1 answer
138 views
We've been running the RadEditor for sharepoint version 4.5 for a few months now, and recently our marketing has asked us to create a new domain by which to access the site. We set up all of the alternate access mappings, however, it appears that all of the links on the site are pointing to the old domain name even when the site is being accessed by via the new domain.

For example, if I have site1 and site2 and both are pointing at my MOSS implementation all of the links say:

<a href=http://site1/somelink>some text</a>

regardless of if it's being accessed via site2.

I tried changing the StripAnchors... Property and it didn't seem to make a difference. Can anyone help or are we going to have to redo several thousand links?
George
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
3 answers
201 views
Hi,
I have just upgraded my applicaiton to use version 2008.1.415.35 (I was previously using Prometheus) then the column filters stop working anymore if you specify the DataSourceID attribute of the RadGrid to the id of a XmlDataSource. It just always display all items in the datasource.

Also, the selected filter option is not highlighted in the two new skins. (Sunset and Hay)

Regards,
Kathy
Bodevain Svensson
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 May 2008
2 answers
148 views
I have a customer control with several RadTextBoxes all set to Autopostback and a common TextChanged event wired to each.

If I change the text in a single text box, each RadTextBox fires the TextChanged event instead of just the one where the text was actually changed.

In fact, each RadTextBox fires the TextChanged event on all submits, including a button despite the fact that no text was actually changed.

Any idea how to prevent this happening?

Doug Beard
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 May 2008
1 answer
99 views
Where can i state the start date of the schedular please?
By default it takes the actual month, i would like to set it at run time.
Thank you in advance.
al
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 May 2008
6 answers
205 views
Hi guys,

I am doing manual updates/inserts on the RadGrid using OnUpdateCommand event.
I am using a EditForm template to achieve this.
Now, I have several columns coming as part of a select statement in a Stored proc; which returns a DataTable, which then forms the DataSource of the grid.
Many of these columns are not being used while editing. For instance if 10 columns are coming in, I am editing only 5.
In the OnUpdateCommand event, I am able to get hold of the items on the EditForm, using the following code:

protected void RadGrid_Bank_UpdateCommand(object sender, GridCommandEventArgs e)
    {
        RadGrid grid = (RadGrid)sender;
        int itemIndex = e.Item.ItemIndex;

        GridEditableItem editedItem = e.Item as GridEditableItem;

        
        GridNestedViewItem nestedEditForm = grid.MasterTableView.Items[itemIndex].ChildItem;

        RadComboBox accUsageTypeEditor = (RadComboBox)editedItem.FindControl("accUsageTypeEditor");
        RadDatePicker effBankDateEditor = (RadDatePicker)editedItem.FindControl("effBankDateEditor");
        RadDatePicker effToBankDateEditor = (RadDatePicker)editedItem.FindControl("effToBankDateEditor");

// So now, get the corresponding value from the editors
string s = accUsageTypeEditor.SelectedValue;
}

But I have not been able to get hold of the other columns which are not a part of my EditForm. Is there any way I can hold of the current DataRow object or a DataSource object from which the row could be extracted using the ItemIndex??

Regards,



Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
5 answers
203 views

I have a Radgrid, when editing, a column changes to RadEditor within a RadPageView.  Part of the aspx as follows:

<EditItemTemplate>
<asp:Label ID="BrandLogoFileNameLabel" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("BrandLogoFileName") %>'
        Visible="false" />
   <div style="float: left; width: 200px">
    <div style="padding: 2px;">
   <b style="width: 70px; float: left">
          Brand ID:</b>
       <asp:Label ID="BrandIDLabel" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("BrandID") %>' /><br />
       <b style="width: 70px; float: left">
          Name:</b>
       <asp:TextBox ID="BrandNameTextBox" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("BrandName") %>'
          Width="180px" MaxLength="255" /><br />
       <b style="width: 70px; float: left">
          Active:</b>
       <asp:CheckBox ID="ActiveCheckBox" Width="40px" Checked='<%# Bind("Active") %>'
          runat="server" />
     </div>
     <div style="padding: 2px; margin-top: 10px">
      <b>
          Logo:</b><br />
       <asp:Image ID="BrandLogoImageEdit" runat="server" />
     </div>
     </div>
      <div style="padding: 2px; width: 380px">
       <telerik:RadTabStrip ID="ts1" runat="server" Skin="Telerik" MultiPageID="mpage1"
         SelectedIndex="0">
         <Tabs>
          <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Default Short Description">
          </telerik:RadTab>
          <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Default Long Description" Selected="True">
          </telerik:RadTab>
         </Tabs>
        </telerik:RadTabStrip>
        <telerik:RadMultiPage ID="mpage1" runat="server" SelectedIndex="0">
         <telerik:RadPageView ID="pvShort" runat="server">
          <telerik:RadEditor ID="editorDefaultShortDesc" runat="server" Skin="Telerik"
           Height="250px" Width="360px" ToolsFile="~/Common/CustomizedRadXML/ToolsFile2.xml"
           EditModes="Design">
           <ImageManager SearchPatterns="*.gif,*.jpg" MaxUploadFileSize="200000" />
           <FlashManager SearchPatterns="*.swf" MaxUploadFileSize="200000" />
           <DocumentManager SearchPatterns="*.pdf,*.doc" />
           <Content>
            
           </Content>
          </telerik:RadEditor>
         </telerik:RadPageView>
         <telerik:RadPageView ID="pvLong" runat="server">
          <telerik:RadEditor ID="editorDefaultLongDesc" runat="server" Skin="Telerik"
           Height="250px" ToolsFile="~/Common/CustomizedRadXML/ToolsFile2.xml"
           EditModes="Design" Width="360px">
           <ImageManager SearchPatterns="*.gif,*.jpg" MaxUploadFileSize="200000" />
           <FlashManager SearchPatterns="*.swf" MaxUploadFileSize="200000" />
           <DocumentManager SearchPatterns="*.pdf,*.doc" />
           <Content>
           </Content>
          </telerik:RadEditor>
         </telerik:RadPageView>
        </telerik:RadMultiPage>
       </div>
      </EditItemTemplate>

My problem: when I call Image Manager (clicking the image button in the Editor), the pop-up dialog box is very short, only the upper part of the dialog box can be seen.  Is there anything I can check?

Thanks

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
3 answers
154 views
I am using a RadEditor in a radgrid. When updating, the content of the RadEditor is lost in Firefox only.

Why is it happening. How can I fix it?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
2 answers
101 views
Hello everybody!
I have a simple contextmenu inside my radtree:
<contextmenus>
                                                <telerik:RadTreeViewContextMenu ID="cmAdministration"
                                                    runat="server" Skin="Outlook">
                                                    <Items>
                                                        <telerik:RadMenuItem ImageUrl="~/Img/New.png" PostBack="false" Value="NewGroup" meta:resourcekey="newGroup">
                                                            <groupsettings expanddirection="Auto" flow="Vertical" />
                                                        </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                                                        <telerik:RadMenuItem ImageUrl="~/Img/New.png" PostBack="false" Value="NewUser" meta:resourcekey="newUser">
                                                            <groupsettings expanddirection="Auto" flow="Vertical" />
                                                        </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                                                        <telerik:RadMenuItem ImageUrl="~/Img/Delete.png" PostBack="false" Value="DeleteGroup" meta:resourcekey="deleteGroup">
                                                            <groupsettings expanddirection="Auto" flow="Vertical" />
                                                        </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                                                        <telerik:RadMenuItem ImageUrl="~/Img/Delete.png" PostBack="false" Value="RemoveUser" meta:resourcekey="removeUser">
                                                            <groupsettings expanddirection="Auto" flow="Vertical" />
                                                        </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                                                        <telerik:RadMenuItem ImageUrl="~/Img/Delete.png" PostBack="false" Value="DeleteUser" meta:resourcekey="deleteUser">
                                                            <groupsettings expanddirection="Auto" flow="Vertical" />
                                                        </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                                                    </Items>
                                                    <expandanimation type="OutQuart" />
                                                    <collapseanimation duration="200" type="OutQuint" />
                                                    <defaultgroupsettings expanddirection="Auto" flow="Vertical" />
                                                </telerik:RadTreeViewContextMenu>
                                            </contextmenus>

The first item in the menu is  a single line, all other menuitems are two lines, in the first line there is the image, in the second one there is the text

kind regards
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?