Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
120 views
I have deeply nested custom user controls and I'm trying to use $find("<%= RadTabStrip1.ClientID %>") deep within the hierarchy to find an "ancestor" control. For some reason I get a Javascript error saying that there are no properties for it. But when I execute the same Javasript function in the same user control that has RadTabStrip1, it works fine. So can I use $find to find a control 4 parents up the hierarchy for example, or am I only supposed to use $find in the same aspx page that has the control? I'm trying to troubleshoot to see if this is the problem or might be something else. Thanks for any help on this.
Chris Gillies
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 May 2008
1 answer
108 views
Hi,

Do we have lightbox kind of controls in Teleric. We need to show a terms and condition popup as a lightbox.

Thanks,
Pramod
 
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 May 2008
3 answers
132 views

Hi!

I have a radgrid is configured as following:
<

telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" Skin="Vista">
<MasterTableView DataKeyNames="SchematicDescriptionId"
AllowFilteringByColumn="true" AllowSorting="True" AllowCustomPaging="true" AllowPaging="True" PagerStyle-Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" PageSize="10" CommandItemDisplay="Top" EditMode="EditForms" AllowAutomaticInserts="true" CommandItemSettings-AddNewRecordText="New Description" CommandItemSettings-RefreshText=""><Columns>.....</Columns></MasterTableView></telerik:RadGrid>

I have also a dropdownlist. Everytime I select an item in this dropdownlist, datasource of RadGrid1 will be changed. The issue is datasource comes from the 1st item of dropdownlist has 18 rows (for example) and datasource's 2nd item if dropdownlist has only 1 row. But I don't know why Paging section alway show "Displaying page 1 of 2, items 1 to 10 of 18." while the 2nd datasource just has 1 row ??? 

Please help me
Thank
Hung

Hung
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 May 2008
1 answer
98 views
I have pagging enabled for my RadGrid, when I select the next page, the control moves to the next page but adds two additional coulums with the following data in them: System.Data.DataRowView

My code is below:

protected

void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

if (!IsPostBack)

{

}

}

protected void Page_PreRender(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

this.BuildGrid();

}

protected void Page_Init(object source, System.EventArgs e)

{

}

private void BuildGrid()

{

GridBoundColumn boundColumn;

boundColumn = new GridBoundColumn();

boundColumn.DataField = "CountryId";

boundColumn.HeaderText = "Country Number";

this.RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundColumn);

boundColumn = new GridBoundColumn();

boundColumn.DataField = "CountryName";

boundColumn.HeaderText = "Country Name";

this.RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundColumn);

RadGrid1.Width = Unit.Percentage(50);

RadGrid1.PageSize = 50;

RadGrid1.AllowPaging = true;

RadGrid1.PagerStyle.Mode = Telerik.Web.UI.GridPagerMode.NextPrevNumericAndAdvanced;

RadGrid1.AutoGenerateColumns = false;

RadGrid1.ShowStatusBar = true;

RadGrid1.Skin = "Web20";

RadGrid1.ShowStatusBar = true;

RadGrid1.GridLines = GridLines.Horizontal;

RadGrid1.HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Left;

RadGrid1.ShowFooter = true;

RadGrid1.ShowHeader = true;

RadGrid1.ShowStatusBar = true;

RadGrid1.AllowSorting = true;

RadGrid1.Visible = true;

this.RadGrid1.DataSource = this.GetData();

this.RadGrid1.DataBind();

}

private DataSet GetData()

{

SqlConnection sqlConnection = new SqlConnection();

SqlCommand sqlCommand = new SqlCommand();

SqlParameter sqlParameter = new SqlParameter();

DataSet dataSet = new DataSet();

try

{

if (sqlConnection.State != ConnectionState.Open)

{

sqlConnection.ConnectionString = SqlConnectionString.GetConnectionString();

sqlConnection.Open();

}

sqlCommand.Connection = sqlConnection;

sqlCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;

sqlCommand.CommandText = ApplicationStoredProcedures.GetCountries();

sqlCommand.Parameters.Add("@WebPageName", SqlDbType.NVarChar).Value = "Authors.aspx";

sqlCommand.Parameters.Add("@CultureCode", SqlDbType.NVarChar).Value = "en-US";

sqlCommand.Parameters.Add("@ControlName", SqlDbType.NVarChar).Value = "ddlCountry";

sqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery();

SqlDataAdapter sqlDataAdapter = new SqlDataAdapter(sqlCommand);

sqlDataAdapter.Fill(dataSet);

return dataSet;

}

catch (SqlException sql)

{

throw sql;

}

catch (Exception ex)

{

throw ex;

}

finally

{

if (sqlConnection.State != ConnectionState.Closed)

{

sqlConnection.Close();

}

sqlCommand.Dispose();

}

}

public void RadGrid1_PageIndexChanged(object source, Telerik.Web.UI.GridPageChangedEventArgs e)

{

this.RadGrid1.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex;

}

/// <summary>

/// You can get the exact numbers of rows in your RadGrid either directly from the DataSource or in the following manner in the ItemDataBound event:

/// </summary>

/// <param name="sender"></param>

/// <param name="e"></param>

protected void RadGrid1_ItemDataBound(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)

{

if (e.Item is GridPagerItem)

{

Label1.Text = (e.Item as GridPagerItem).Paging.DataSourceCount.ToString();

}

}

 

protected void RadGrid1_NeedDataSource(object source, Telerik.Web.UI.GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs e)

{

// RadGrid1.DataSource = this.GetData() ;

}

I cannot find the issue. Am I doing something wrong.

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 May 2008
1 answer
204 views
I am having a number of issues with the RadDatePicker. I have reviewed all the posts i can find, but still cannot get it to work how i need it to.
1. when tabbing, i don't want focus to go to the 'calendar' icon
2. i am using tooltips and cannot get them to work on the raddatepicker
3. i am using onfocus, onblur and cannot get this to work on raddatepicker

here is my code:

<script type="text/javascript">

function Hilite(me, focus)

{

me.style.backgroundColor =

false != focus ? "#ffffcc" : "white";

}

</script>

<style type="text/css">

.ToolTipContent

{

color:black;

}

</style>



<tr>

<td class="Normal" style="padding-left:15px">Registration Start Date<font color="red">*</font></td>

<td>

<telerik:RadDatePicker ID="txtRegistrationStart" Skin="Web20" runat="server" TabIndex="6" ToolTip="Enter the date your online registrations will end.">

<DateInput ID="DateInput1" runat="server" ClientEvents-OnBlur="Hilite(this,false)" ClientEvents-OnFocus="Hilite(this)" /></telerik:RadDatePicker>

<asp:requiredfieldvalidator cssclass="Normal" controltovalidate="txtRegistrationStart" errormessage="Required." display="dynamic" runat="server" ID="Requiredfieldvalidator2"/></td></tr>

 

<telerik:RadToolTipManager runat="server" ID="RadToolTipManager1"

 

ShowEvent="OnFocus"

 

Skin="WebBlue"

 

ShowDelay="0"

 

AutoCloseDelay="5000"

Width="250px"

 

Position="MiddleRight"

 

RelativeTo="Element">

<TargetControls>

 

<telerik:ToolTipTargetControl TargetControlID="cmbSport"/>

 

<telerik:ToolTipTargetControl TargetControlID="txtSeasonName"/>

 

<telerik:ToolTipTargetControl TargetControlID="txtRegistrationStart"/>

 

<telerik:ToolTipTargetControl TargetControlID="txtRegistrationEnd"/>

 

<telerik:ToolTipTargetControl TargetControlID="txtCoachAppStart"/>

<telerik:ToolTipTargetControl TargetControlID="txtCoachAppEnd"/>

<telerik:ToolTipTargetControl TargetControlID="txtAgeAsOf"/>

</TargetControls>

</telerik:RadToolTipManager>

Thanks so much!
Susan


Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
1 answer
185 views
We are using a Red Menu with a datepicker on it.  The datepicker shows up behind the menu.  I tried setting the zindex  of the calendar on the datepicker, but this did not help.    For testing purposes, I used a CalendarExtendar from the AjaxControlToolkit and it worked fine.  Any help is appreciated.

<telerik:RadMenu ID="RadMenu1" runat="server" Skin="Web20" Flow="Horizontal" EnableScreenBoundaryDetection="true" 
                            EnableOverlay="true" Width="300px"> 
                            <Items> 
                                <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Apr 15, 2008 - May 15,2008" GroupSettings-Flow="Horizontal" 
                                    Width="100%"> 
                                    <Items> 
                                        <telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                                            <ItemTemplate> 
                                                <table style="height: 400px;"> 
                                                    <tr> 
                                                        <td> 
                                                            <telerik:RadDatePicker ID="rdpBeginDate" runat="server" Skin="Mac" Calendar-Orientation="RenderInColumns" 
                                                                Calendar-CellVAlign="top"> 
                                                            </telerik:RadDatePicker> 
                                                        </td> 
                                                    </tr> 
                                                </table> 
                                            </ItemTemplate> 
                                        </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                                    </Items> 
                                </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                            </Items> 
                        </telerik:RadMenu> 

Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
1 answer
225 views
very strange.
standard Gridview
Calling DateTime column with valid DateTime data from SQL ds. Update works fine when a textbox.

<

EditItemTemplate>

<telerik:RadDateTimePicker ID="RadDateTimePicker2" runat="server" AutoPostBackControl='<%# Eval("EducationDate") %>'

Culture="English (United States)">

<DateInput InvalidStyleDuration="100">

</DateInput>

</telerik:RadDateTimePicker>

</EditItemTemplate>

error returned = 

Conversion from type 'Date' to type 'Integer' is not valid.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from type 'Date' to type 'Integer' is not valid.

Source Error:

Line 25:                 <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="EducationDate" SortExpression="EducationDate">
Line 26:                     <EditItemTemplate>
Line 27: &nbsp;<telerik:RadDateTimePicker ID="RadDateTimePicker2" runat="server" AutoPostBackControl='<%# Eval("EducationDate") %>'Line 28:                             Culture="English (United States)">
Line 29:                             <DateInput InvalidStyleDuration="100">

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
1 answer
117 views


Hi,

The other day I was thinking... it'd sure be nice if there were a centeral place to set the "default" skin that all RadGrids would use. Maybe there could be a "RadGridMaster" class? Then you could set the skin once, and every RadGrid instance would "inherit" from it...

Similarly, RadComboboxMaster, RadSplitterMaster, etc...

Similarly, for lots of other settings beyond skins.

--Bill



There are other things that we set on every-single-grid... For example:

myGrid.PagerStyle.PagerTextFormat = Resources.

Documents.Pages_45Items;

myGrid.PagerStyle.AlwaysVisible =

true;

myGrid.PagerStyle.HorizontalAlign =

HorizontalAlign.Right;

myGrid.PagerStyle.Mode =

GridPagerMode.NextPrevNumericAndAdvanced;

myGrid.MasterTableView.TableLayout =

GridTableLayout.Fixed;

myGrid.MasterTableView.NoMasterRecordsText = Resources.

Atlas.NoItems;

myGrid.MasterTableView.NoDetailRecordsText = Resources.

Atlas.NoItems;

myGrid.MasterTableView.SortExpressions.AllowNaturalSort =

false;

myGrid.AutoGenerateColumns =

false;

myGrid.ClientSettings.Resizing.EnableRealTimeResize =

false;


Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
1 answer
150 views
Hi

I am trying to bind a chart to a Xml Document object but have been unable to get it working successfully.

I am following the example in the documentation for binding to an Xml file and this is working without problem.

RadChart1.DataSource = Server.MapPath("~/Products.xml"); 
RadChart1.Series[0].DataYColumn = "QuantityInStock"; 
RadChart1.PlotArea.XAxis.DataLabelsColumn = "Name"; 
RadChart1.DataBind(); 

However if I attempt to bind to an XML document I am getting the following error "Column 'IsEmpty' does not belong to table". 

I am using the following code to build the Xml document:
StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder(); 
StringWriter sw = new StringWriter(sb); 
XmlTextWriter writer = new XmlTextWriter(sw); 
 
writer.Formatting = Formatting.Indented; 
 
writer.WriteStartDocument(); 
writer.WriteStartElement("Products", null); 
 
writer.WriteStartElement("Product", null); 
writer.WriteAttributeString("Name", "Parka L"); 
writer.WriteAttributeString("QuantityInStock", "123"); 
writer.WriteEndElement(); 
 
writer.WriteStartElement("Product", null); 
writer.WriteAttributeString("Name", "Parka M"); 
writer.WriteAttributeString("QuantityInStock", "56"); 
writer.WriteEndElement(); 
 
writer.WriteStartElement("Product", null); 
writer.WriteAttributeString("Name", "Parka S"); 
writer.WriteAttributeString("QuantityInStock", "92"); 
writer.WriteEndElement(); 
 
writer.WriteStartElement("Product", null); 
writer.WriteAttributeString("Name", "Mittens"); 
writer.WriteAttributeString("QuantityInStock", "12"); 
writer.WriteEndElement(); 
 
writer.WriteEndElement(); 
writer.Flush(); 
 
XmlDocument xmlDocs = new XmlDocument(); 
xmlDocs.LoadXml(sb.ToString()); 
 
RadChart1.DataSource = xmlDocs; 
RadChart1.Series[0].DataYColumn = "QuantityInStock"; 
RadChart1.PlotArea.XAxis.DataLabelsColumn = "Name"; 
RadChart1.DataBind(); 

Any suggestions as to what is going wrong?

Thanks

Colin
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
3 answers
192 views
Hi,

With grid rows having a select column, how could we have "Select All" and "Clear selection" functionality? Can we do this on the client-side?

Regards,
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?